• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

mreddie

Secret-Empire-Uprising.jpg

SE One Shot. No Nova nor Kamala...hmmm.

Ugh. Was trying to be better this year and literally only buy a new game when I finish the one I'm on. Was planning on buying Nier in a week or two when I get done Horizon but just checked amazon uk and it's already out of stock haha just pulled the trigger elsewhere. I want that nice day one edition with the reversible cover anyway.

tim1138

I feel like the stuff at the Bat Academy was heavily hinting at some kind of GL bootleg. They at least have some kind of control over light constructs at least.

It's been one of my biggest surprises of Rebirth and easily one of my favorites.

Oh that's right, the training ground in the Bat Academy was made entirely of hard light constructs.

Hagi

Interesting! I had no idea about the reception of his previous stuff. Disappointing to hear Dameron was that bad. Don't get me wrong, I do like Star Wars and enjoy the movies well enough, and that was a guy who you wanted a bit more of by the end of the force awakens, after the stuff at the beginning. I think I'd be interested more by stuff that isn't placed in between movies, has a bit more freedom etc.

I've only read the first trade of Poe but it was boring and quite stupid even for Star Wars. Maybe it gets better but I'm in no rush to find out. I get what you mean about having books shackled by being set in between films. It definitely has it's positives and negatives. We've only really had Shattered Empire which is set after the films and that while cool was fleeting.

The novels are doing a lot better on that front I think.

Ugh. Was trying to be better this year and literally only buy a new game when I finish the one I'm on. Was planning on buying Nier in a week or two when I get done Horizon but just checked amazon uk and it's already out of stock haha just pulled the trigger elsewhere. I want that nice day one edition with the reversible cover anyway.

I wasn't planning on picking it up yet either but traded in Resident Evil 7 for it earlier. :p

Marvel buy one get one free on comixology.

think im gonna finally pick up moon knight vol. 1 and mb gwenpool or silk or all new wolverine

theres a lot here to choose from, probably most of it is on mu already though huh?

The sale also includes all the Marvel MAX books which aren't on MU. Lots of classics up in there, like Ennis' entire Punisher run and Aaron's Punisher run.

Interesting! I had no idea about the reception of his previous stuff. Disappointing to hear Dameron was that bad. Don't get me wrong, I do like Star Wars and enjoy the movies well enough, and that was a guy who you wanted a bit more of by the end of the force awakens, after the stuff at the beginning. I think I'd be interested more by stuff that isn't placed in between movies, has a bit more freedom etc.

The first arc was a bit dodgy but I think it's improved quite a bit since then. It's actually become more focused on the book's antagonist than Poe. He hasn't really been the main character in the last arc.

Pretty happy with Soule working on Vader as I've enjoyed all his SW books, especially Lando.

Hagi

The first arc was a bit dodgy but I think it's improved quite a bit since then. It's actually become more focused on the book's antagonist than Poe. He hasn't really been the main character in the last arc.

Pretty happy with Soule working on Vader as I've enjoyed all his SW books, especially Lando.

Have you been reading Darth Maul? I'm not a big fan of Bunn but love Maul so I'm conflicted.

Have you been reading Darth Maul? I'm not a big fan of Bunn but love Maul so I'm conflicted.

Yeah, the first issue was pretty decent. I wouldn't say it's essential but if you like Maul it's worth a read. The backup just felt like an excuse to hike the price up though. Looking forward to Cad Bane showing up.

Hagi

Yeah, the first issue was pretty decent. I wouldn't say it's essential but if you like Maul it's worth a read. The backup just felt like an excuse to hike the price up though. Looking forward to Cad Bane showing up.

Hmm I won't be reading it till it hits trade in September anyway. Cool to know Cad Bane is showing up.

error4041

IvX #6: outside of
Emma becoming a villain again,
not much happens, it just ends for the most part. but overall as a series, this was a surprisingly well-done event, it had some good art, moved at a brisk pace and has some fun moments. It was much better than Civil War II in just about every way.

Kingpin #2: The series is a bit slow right now, but I think it will be fantastic once it's given time to pick up steam. My main concern for the series is that it will be cancelled at #12 and forgotten.

Jessica Jones #6: Bendis manged to take one of the most wtf things about Civil War II and make it into a fantastic villain. Also, Spot needs to stay in the book.

Captain America Steve Rogers #14: This issue kicked the book into high-gear, which makes sense since Secret Empire is only a month away. Zemo is surprisingly fun to follow in the book.

Wanderer5

Ive just started reading through my first set of Rebirth trades, would wholeheartedly recommend Detective man, really high quality stuff. I enjoyed King's Batman too, although there is so much in the air in regards to the villains, I would find it hard to say if the story was a success as such. It was definitely engaging though.

At a barnes and noble, and just went through the trade for Detective Comics. Wow what a read that was, especially having enjoyed some of the Batwoman stories, and who turned out to be the antagonist for the arc kind of hit me hard lol.

Sandfox

IvX #6: outside of
Emma becoming a villain again,
not much happens, it just ends for the most part. but overall as a series, this was a surprisingly well-done event, it had some good art, moved at a brisk pace and has some fun moments. It was much better than Civil War II in just about every way.

Kingpin #2: The series is a bit slow right now, but I think it will be fantastic once it's given time to pick up steam. My main concern for the series is that it will be cancelled at #12 and forgotten.

Jessica Jones #6: Bendis manged to take one of the most wtf things about Civil War II and make it into a fantastic villain. Also, Spot needs to stay in the book.

Captain America Steve Rogers #14: This issue kicked the book into high-gear, which makes sense since Secret Empire is only a month away. Zemo is surprisingly fun to follow in the book.

In Cap,
I'm really curious to see who that mystery villain Zemo recruited ends up being.

Hi comic GAF. Noticed that comixology had a BOGO sale for marvel stuff and I was wondering about recommendations. I love the black panther stuff, miles and Petey Spiderman,ultimates, Dr Doom ironman and Ms marvel + the SW stuff. Is spider Gwen any fun? Also any good X-Men books? Bought first issue of all new wolverine when it came out but haven't kept up since.

Vic_Viper

Pretty bummed out Marvel decided to go with Astonishing X-Men over a new X-Force book. Plus with Soule writing I'm not too excited about it. They should really reserve the Astonishing title for when they get some really good Writer/Artist team up to work on it.

Already pre ordered X-Men Blue and Gold #1s. Can't decide if I should get Cable, All New Wolverine, and Gen X; or wait for the first issues to hit and see how they turn out quality wise.

Glad Marvel is giving the X-Men their due finally. But still a bit skeptical since they really haven't brought in anyone noteworthy to work in these books.

Sandfox

Hi comic GAF. Noticed that comixology had a BOGO sale for marvel stuff and I was wondering about recommendations. I love the black panther stuff, miles and Petey Spiderman,ultimates, Dr Doom ironman and Ms marvel + the SW stuff. Is spider Gwen any fun? Also any good X-Men books? Bought first issue of all new wolverine when it came out but haven't kept up since.
Remender's X-Force is on sale. If you liked All-New Wolverine I'd say pick it back up.
Pretty bummed out Marvel decided to go with Astonishing X-Men over a new X-Force book. Plus with Soule writing I'm not too excited about it. They should really reserve the Astonishing title for when they get some really good Writer/Artist team up to work on it.

Already pre ordered X-Men Blue and Gold #1s. Can't decide if I should get Cable, All New Wolverine, and Gen X; or wait for the first issues to hit and see how they turn out quality wise.

Glad Marvel is giving the X-Men their due finally. But still a bit skeptical since they really haven't brought in anyone noteworthy to work in these books.

They probably didn't want to go with X-Force because Weapon X is supposed to be the "dark" book.

Just FYI, the previous Marvel sale on Venom and X-force collections is still in effect and stacks with BOGO.

If you want a recommendation, you ain't gonna find little that's better than Remender's monster run on Uncanny X-force.

Then, ride those Remender feels run into his Venom run, collected in two collections.

Just FYI, the previous Marvel sale on Venom and X-force collections is still in effect and stacks with BOGO.

If you want a recommendation, you ain't gonna find little that's better than Remender's monster run on Uncanny X-force.

Then, ride those Remender feels run into his Venom run, collected in two collections.
Yoooo thank you! I love Remennders work. I haven't really gotten into Venom before, so I'll go with those suggestions as well. Any other newish to current venom stuff that's worthy?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
About to see the original Evil Dead for the first time since its original release uncut in a german cinema <3 What a day, I would never had thought that I can experience this day

Sandfox

Marvel is bringing back corner box art with the new X-books: http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-marvel-resurrxion-xmen-corner-box-art/

I'm guessing they'll start doing this for other books later in the year.

Same. The Nora Hunting Trials kept me busy for a while. Have to go to a dinner now. I'll be on later!

Edit: Are you kidding me, Soule is on Darth Vader as well. And it starts after III so people picking up trades will probably be confused when seeing this and Gillen's.
Star Wars fans aren't going to get confused over something like that.

At a barnes and noble, and just went through the trade for Detective Comics. Wow what a read that was, especially having enjoyed some of the Batwoman stories, and who turned out to be the antagonist for the arc kind of hit me hard lol.

Glad you enjoyed it! Yea, I was honestly surprised how fast they break some toys permanently in Batwoman's world, gave the book a genuine high stakes feel for prior readers.

Zombine

Banned
Imagine ComicGAF Chat Rebirth, where Bully Chat and ComicGAF Discord combine to make one heaping pile of shit.

I'd be in for at least the first arc.

Top Bottom