• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Whether or not he kicks dogs on the side or whatever he still wrote that blitheringly tone deaf issue of Uncanny Avengers about the "M" word and how hard it is when no one wants to listen to white dudes complain.

And it's not just the matter of Psylocke's horrifying racist origins, it's that writers take it one step further and treat her like she's actually Japanese. Remender continued this trend so he deserves shit for it.
But he didn't do anything to Psylocke to solidify it.

And your still gonna bring up one old speech that in the end was blown way out of proportion? Everyone has moved past it.

Weiss

Banned
But he didn't do anything to Psylocke to solidify it.

And your still gonna bring up one old speech that in the end was blown way out of proportion? Everyone has moved past it.

No he just kept doing it. This is really simple so I don't know why you can't understand it.

Man if you think "stop having your own identity and just assimilate; you're the one causing trouble" is just some minor thing, let alone because Remender spent the rest of his run still harping on it, then I am not the one with the problem.

Zombine

Banned
Honestly, I wanted to go on a trip to Japan one day, but after reading Tokyo Ghost I feel like I've experienced all that culture has to offer.

No he just kept doing it. This is really simple so I don't know why you can't understand it.

Man if you think "stop having your own identity and just assimilate; you're the one causing trouble" is just some minor thing, let alone because Remender spent the rest of his run still harping on it, then I am not the one with the problem.
We gotta agree to disagree.

Zombine

Banned
Also, there is a pretty big chance to get crushed by Godzilla.

You're more likely to get crushed by Godzilla than you are to encounter a gaisensha talking about the evils of American comics.

Anyways,

It's kind of weird that IST will discount some books at 50%, but not list them on the front page until later on in the week. I was looking for New Mutants Epic Collection and it wasn't there, but then on Thursday night it was on the front page. Strange how they update the site sometimes.

Also, but that collection. Not super stoked on the format but it doesn't look like we are getting an Omni anytime soon.

Read through ANAD Avengers #1 - #12. I don't really know why I kept reading - maybe because I wanted to see Kamala in an Avengers setting? At least the Nova/Kamala interactions got a chuckle out of me. Otherwise, the 12 issues felt like slightly stale popcorn. Compulsive for some reason but also leaving you with a lot of regret.

It also felt like 30 issues chopped up by a third-party to create 12 issues.

Some panels/pages were very cringey.

Also, I think there were about 50 instances of "10 hours ago..." in the 12 issues.

Need to pick up that Gwen HC at some point, marvel's paperbacks don't do much for me, worth avoiding when possible. Plus the art will look great. No Amazon deal for me though <3

When all is said and done it's cheaper on Amazon by about $4 compared to IST, and you'll get it faster if you have prime.
If you want Amazon to treat your books right have it delivered to an Amazon Locker. For some reason most of my packages are handled better when delivered there.

Zombine

Banned
If you want Amazon to treat your books right have it delivered to an Amazon Locker. For some reason most of my packages are handled better when delivered there.

I would say that overall my books are treated fairly by Amazon, but you have to watch out for lazy mail couriers.

And someone please tell me how this sequence is supposed to work....

zQcK61q.jpg

We don't need an expert on Japanese culture to tell us Tokyo Ghost sucked. Sean Murphy's B level effort couldn't save that book.
The second half was super rushed. You can tell it was suppose to go on longer but then Murphy was like "sorry fam, Batman is calling."
He threw the shield through the windows so he wouldn't crash into them. Although I don't think all the people he's holding would make it through.

Zombine

Banned

Wish Sam was real when the Tappan Zee finally falls down during rush hour...

These people are scrubs though and clearly didn't hold their breath driving on either of the big suspension bridges in NY.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
In the wake of Skull Island, I am currently watching a Kaiju movie every Sunday (Last week it was the original Godzilla, this week it was Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II), and I just remembered that I still havent read Half Century War up until now. I changed this and really enjoyed the story. I am always a fan of these journal-esque stories, and I really appreciated how the events of each era were worked in (Vietnam for example). Also the art was amazing.

To bad that Godzilla Goes To Hell didnt got a Oversized release, it would help appreciate the art of James Stokoe more.

dlauv

It's been a while. How has Slott's Amazing Spider-Man gotten? I stopped right before the latest arc. Bought Renew Your Vows ongoing due to great reviews.

Doesn't it explain how Logan went to the main Marvel universe?

Not really?
"Oh, I got knocked out and when I woke up after the final battle I was in a not destroyed world" pretty much.

Pretty much as Lord says. There isn't really much of an reason in vol 1 of the Lemire series, bar secret wars is over and he's been stuck in the reorganised universe. Pretty sure the Bendis's mini is just his exploits during battle world.

Not really?
"Oh, I got knocked out and when I woke up after the final battle I was in a not destroyed world" pretty much.

Pretty much as Lord says. There isn't really much of an reason in vol 1 of the Lemire series, bar secret wars is over and he's been stuck in the reorganised universe. Pretty sure the Bendis's mini is just his exploits during battle world.

I just read it not one hour ago and hadn't realised that was what the last page meant.

I just read it not one hour ago and hadn't realised that was what the last page meant.

Hahah is it pretty contextless? I'm guessing
it's just him waking up in what looks like the normal world before the fall
? I think that's how the Lemire book starts. It's been awhile, I'll reread when I get around to picking up vol 2

Hahah is it pretty contextless? I'm guessing
it's just him waking up in what looks like the normal world before the fall
? I think that's how the Lemire book starts. It's been awhile, I'll reread when I get around to picking up vol 2

Bendis OML #5

He ends up in a normal looking NYC where all the X-Men are around. Gets to meet his son Jimmy Hudson? Then Emma Frost talks to him a lot (lots of speech bubbles on white pages with no backgrounds) about not believing in God Doom anymore. Then he wakes up in a weird looking NYC and the last page looks like this?

http://i.imgur.com/qpbRFDu.jpg

I don't even know if this is the 616 NYC where he got transported to. Because those banners on the building look like they could be out of the Battleworld where Stark is a baron,
like the one he visited a couple of issues before that.

Top Bottom