• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

mreddie

The funny part, I think this was a reaction to Gold/Blue's team announcement response being a "MEH"

I know AXM won't since it's treated as it's own thing.

There's no point in the X-Men crossing over unless Onslaught shows up and Secret Empire turns into another Onslaught story except it's good this time.

Any of y'all used Manga Studio? I've just got it and it seems decent even though I'm having trouble drawing with the Wacom tablet. Can barely draw a decent circle.

Theres a function for drawing circles in Manga Studio. Look under Figure tab, Direct sub tab. You can also use that tool to draw circles in perspective. You can also use the curve tool.

Kitty Pryde, as a secret Hydra agent, assembles the X-Men...

No joke, when that Black Widow SE tie-in cover got posted I got super angry until I checked the synopsis for the book. Which was probably what they wanted, so er, good job them.

There's no point in the X-Men crossing over unless Onslaught shows up and Secret Empire turns into another Onslaught story except it's good this time.

This would be amazing if they followed up the plot thread from those terrible 00s minis that Steve still has nightmares about Onslaught coming back.

mreddie

DD S1: Was good til but you can tell it was bullshitting once Foggy knew Matt was DD.
JJ S1: Was good til they caught Kilgrave only he escapes for bullshit reasons.
DD S2: Punisher arc was good, didn't give a shit about the Hand stuff and then Matt's friends kept the show from recovering.
Cage S1: Everything was good til Cottonmouth left and was medicore when Diamondback came.

I swear if IF fails to give a fuck within 3 eps, nope.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hit lvl. 50 in Horizon. I have played so much of this game over the last two weeks.

I REALLY want to play that but after 9 days of waiting for Gamefly to send me the game, I had to call them and get a refund.

They had me paying for literally sitting on a waitlist.

DD S1: Was good til but you can tell it was bullshitting once Foggy knew Matt was DD.
JJ S1: Was good til they caught Kilgrave only he escapes for bullshit reasons.
DD S2: Punisher arc was good, didn't give a shit about the Hand stuff and then Matt's friends kept the show from recovering.
Cage S1: Everything was good til Cottonmouth left and was medicore when Diamondback came.

I swear if IF fails to give a fuck within 3 eps, nope.

I heard you'll be bored by the end of episode 2.

Sandfox

Lol. This is what will make MMM worthless, if they can't change their ways of pulling this shit. If I buy the first trade for this book, and six months later its a trade dedicated to tying into an event that I'm not on there's by, that's a full year between vol 1 and volume 3 before the main title thrust gets going again. Why would I bother? Not that I'll sit and pretend I was into the book, but this has happened to me a bunch of times with books I do care about or what to read.

The next one is when, by the time trade 3 is coming out in this scenario, they announce the whole thing is getting cancelled and rebooted after the next event.

The funny part, I think this was a reaction to Gold/Blue's team announcement response being a "MEH"

I know AXM won't since it's treated as it's own thing.
All of this was likely planned a long time ago.

I'm curious to see how MMM affects the X-books though.

I REALLY want to play that but after 9 days of waiting for Gamefly to send me the game, I had to call them and get a refund.

They had me paying for literally sitting on a waitlist.

That's uncool man! Hope you get your hands on it elsewhere, it's really good. I've literally played 3 hours average a day for 2 weeks straight (a decent amount more than normal for me) and I still find myself considering what I'll do next when I'm not playing haha. The core loop of exploration, combat and incidental narrative is just so good. The story is great too, I just keep failing to get to it each day :L think I'm just under half way through the missions.

All of this was likely planned a long time ago.

I'm curious to see how MMM affects the X-books though.

I appreciate that, but planned a long time ago or not (as I'm sure Secret Empire was), this still has to be a big part of the changes they're going to make. Imo Marvel doesn't have a lack of talent, not a real problem with generational heroes replacing all the heroes we loved. The general publishing cycle just seems to get in the way of what should shake out as good runs that stand nicely in stores as trades at the end. Yea, I was thinking about the Astonishing book the other day, that they didn't keep it back for MMM.

Sandfox

That's uncool man! Hope you get your hands on it elsewhere, it's really good. I've literally played 3 hours average a day for 2 weeks straight (a decent amount more than normal for me) and I still find myself considering what I'll do next when I'm not playing haha. The core loop of exploration, combat and incidental narrative is just so good. The story is great too, I just keep failing to get to it each day :L think I'm just under half way through the missions.

I appreciate that, but planned a long time ago or not (as I'm sure Secret Empire was), this still has to be a big part of the changes they're going to make. Imo Marvel doesn't have a lack of talent, not a real problem with generational heroes replacing all the heroes we loved. The general publishing cycle just seems to get in the way of what should shake out as good runs that stand nicely in stores as trades at the end. Yea, I was thinking about the Astonishing book the other day, that they didn't keep it back for MMM.
The way Marvel handles their big events in general needs to be looked at post-SE.

Astonishing is a book they could easily give legacy numbering.

Is the X-Force run after Remender's worth buying?
P2fNmUX.png

This is a pretty good representation of what it's like to go from Remender's X-Force to Humphries.

ElNarez

Banned
The one by Humphries? Hell no

The Spurrier one is supposed to be pretty good though. Haven't read it but he's a great writer so it's probably solid at worst.

The Humphries run has some great Garney art, and it's going for some weird stuff, but it's also way too much into being boring for its own good.

The Spurrier X-Force run is great comics. It's X-Force in a world where the weird ideas of his Legacy run exist, which keeps things interesting while the book's going deep on the character examination side of things. At points it gets into Garth Ennis War Comic territory, and that's about the highest praise I can give it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why are they tying X-Men into Secret Empire?

Doesn't make a lick of sense, I'd rather SE was a smaller event too, doesn't have to involve the world and his wife

Damn buddy. I'm somewhere in the mid-20's but I didn't play much last week because I have all of this week off. It's going to be nothing but Horizon and basketball all week for me.

Haha you're gonna have a good time man. And probably make very little progress :L

That psylocke picture is hilarious. I read that Humphries Weird World was good, I really want to grab the Aaron book and that at some point.

Legend of Wonder Woman is pretty decent! Just got to the part Diana
reaches civilization outside Themyscira.
It looks like the online release format let the book breathe. I loved the pacing.

Owzers

Vision 6-10 was great, really liked the Wanda issue.

Into the badlands season 1 started on Netflix: everything is ruined by the show focusing on the teen character so much, I wanted none of that.

Are the rockets beating the cavs tonight?

I'm still coughing :/

Top Bottom