• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Legend of Wonder Woman is pretty decent! Just got to the part Diana
reaches civilization outside Themyscira.
It looks like the online release format let the book breathe. I loved the pacing.

The original release definitely helped with the pacing. Great book. Damn shame about the creator drama.

Vision 6-10 was great, really liked the Wanda issue.

Into the badlands season 1 started on Netflix: everything is ruined by the show focusing on the teen character so much, I wanted none of that.

Are the rockets beating the cavs tonight?

I'm still coughing :/

Into the Badlands gets better after the first episode, imo. Or at least devotes more of its runtime to badass fights.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I forgot to actually mention this when the announcement went live in January, but my comic book, The Gamma Gals, is going to be published by Fanbase Press! They are releasing Issue #1 this month on comixology on the 22nd, with issues #2-#4 following in April, May, and June, respectively. They are also collecting it in a physical graphic novel format sometime late this summer. It will have two bonus issues included as well.

Here's the press release. I'm pretty excited and proud of it, and I wanted to share it with you guys! I just wrapped up the penciling and inking of Issue #5, and have just started penciling and inking Issue #6. I should hopefully have that done by the end of March. Then April will be spent coloring both issues.

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/about/newsfeed/item/7310-fanbase-press-welcomes-the-gamma-gals-to-its-2017-publishing-lineup

5873390cca713_228075b.jpg

I was also going through my old sketchbooks the other night, and came across an old GAF-Man strip I sketched out but never finished. I should totally finish it up and post it. lol.

I like it enough
The Humphries run has some great Garney art, and it's going for some weird stuff, but it's also way too much into being boring for its own good.

The Spurrier X-Force run is great comics. It's X-Force in a world where the weird ideas of his Legacy run exist, which keeps things interesting while the book's going deep on the character examination side of things. At points it gets into Garth Ennis War Comic territory, and that's about the highest praise I can give it.
I think you and I just mind-melded

The weird thing about Knights!Spider-Man is that in Sweden only 2 Marvel books were sold in supermarkets: X-Men(Morrison's New X-Men until it ended and the book was cancelled here) and Spider-Man which was JMS!ASM+Knights!Spider-Man where they pushed it all out right before Peter joined the Avengers+Civil War which was a extra huge issue that was pretty much the trade+Ultimate Spider-Man arcs(which they stopped with after the "Goblin attacks the White House with the Sinister Six!" arc). For Sweden OMD was pretty much the end of Spider-Man. I think they tried to do the first Slott arc but by then there wasn't enough money in it to make translations worth it so the books were cancelled.

Just ordered the Mighty Thor and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina trades. In addition, I've just started to watch Riverdale, man, why did I wait so long to start? I'm ashamed of myself.

Messi

So, two months ago Elsa Charretier shipped my Harley and Ivy commission. It went missing in the post. She redid the commission and sent it last week. Today... Two packages show up.

Here's a pic of the commission

Very odd situation. I've emailed her and told her I'll send it back and hopefully auction it for charity maybe?

So, two months ago Elsa Charretier shipped my Harley and Ivy commission. It went missing in the post. She redid the commission and sent it last week. Today... Two packages show up.

Very odd situation. I've emailed her and told her I'll send it back and hopefully auction it for charity maybe?
Nice! <3

Took down a Thunderjaw and Stormbird in Horizon. Man, these fights are great.

How has Wasp been?

Only read the first issue myself. The art was very good, no surprises there. I don't think the writing and dialogue was very good though. Little too much "squee" and "precious cinnamon roll" for my liking. It didn't do a very good job at making me like the main character as someone who hasn't read anything with her before. Very easy decision to not continue reading.

I'd say the current She-Hulk book is the best one out of the newest wave of female-led books by Marvel. It's very good.

I'd say the current She-Hulk book is the best one out of the newest wave of female-led books by Marvel. It's very good.

The previews and the covers for this looked awesome, really good stuff. Gonna catch up on my current marvel books then maybe try a few new things in April, so just kind of gathering what's hot and what's not haha. Hulk does look great though. Had listed Nova and the new Hawkeye as being worth a look in when they hit trade too? Thought Gamora looked okay but potential dead already anyway so not a big commitment to check out either way.

Not really sure if this is new or old but new to me anyway. Saw Becky Cloonan tweeting that Image will be publishing her previously self published series of one shots in August. Have wanted to read these for awhile so I'm in:

VanWinkle

Very cool of her, and very cool of you.

I actually have a single issue in my list this week!!

The Wild Storm #2

And two collections arriving this week.
Astro City Reflections
Mister Miracle Artist Edition

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

That's great, both the story and the comission(s).

Having read some more of Legend of Wonder Woman, it looks like the WW movie might follow the story fairly closely? At least, that's what I think based on the trailers.

Etta Candy here is amazing btw.

BMB Avengers was 2004 - 2012.

Hah, don't remind me. Not that things are much better these days TBH.

I like the current book, but I just hate Kang. The fact that Waid's entire run has more or less revolved around him has put a huge dampener on the whole thing.

I get that they want "classic Avengers villains" but speaking as an Avengers fan there's not a whole lot of those. The whole point of the Avengers is they can fight literally anyone provided you make them threatening enough. Avengers Under Siege is a classic and most of that incarnation of the Masters is jobberific, but it worked because they were seen as a threat.

mreddie

Hah, don't remind me. Not that things are much better these days TBH.

I like the current book, but I just hate Kang. The fact that Waid's entire run has more or less revolved around him has put a huge dampener on the whole thing.

I get that they want "classic Avengers villains" but speaking as an Avengers fan there's not a whole lot of those. The whole point of the Avengers is they can fight literally anyone provided you make them threatening enough. Avengers Under Siege is a classic and most of that incarnation of the Masters is jobberific, but it worked because they were seen as a threat.

Funny enough, the first arc of 2010 Avengers was Kang centered. And ANAD Avengers first arc was Kang centric.

Funny enough, the first arc of 2010 Avengers was Kang centered. And ANAD Avengers first arc was Kang centric.

My reaction every time any writer does a Kang arc is "oh no, not again". The only one I've liked was the middle part of Remender's Uncanny Avengers. Even the Kang Dynasty back in the Busiek days had reached "Is it over yet?" levels with me before it was over.

The Bendis one is the most tolerable outside of that because it has some great post-Siege moments and it's fun to check the timeline map every few months to see more stuff that they had marked down. I dislike Siege, but at the same time I kind of love it because it's villains getting their comeuppance after a very long time. It was very cathartic after Civil War, Secret Invasion and Dark Reign.

mreddie

My reaction every time any writer does a Kang arc is "oh no, not again". The only one I've liked was the middle part of Remender's Uncanny Avengers. Even the Kang Dynasty back in the Busiek days had reached "Is it over yet?" levels with me before it was over.

No fucking way a 14 issue arc would fly today.

Can't believe BMB New Avengers started that long ago. I always think of that as the touchstone for *when I got back into comics* after dropping out in my early teens.

Top Bottom