• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Sandfox

I have still hope, that he is gone from the book after Secret Empire.

And his new Book should be Fantastic Four. Remember his Spider-Man/Torch book back then? It was so amazing.
If F4 were to come back I would actually make it the flagship book and give it to Aaron. I think Slott would kill on that book though.
Mosaic could have been something had Marvel promoted the book.

We knew Moon Knight was ending.

Same with Spider-Man 2099.

Doctor Strange & The Sorcerers Supreme and Occupy Avengers were good ideas but...no one was feeling them.
Marvel gave Mosaic a pretty big push. They even gave away a free preview story both physically and digitally among other things.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If F4 were to come back I would actually make it the flagship book and give it to Aaron. I think Slott would kill on that book though.

Do we want the writer have two FF Books? Like with New Avengers and Avengers? I know, its done before by Fraction (its most likely the next comic I read after Avengers), but I would love to have someone write such a cool intervened story again.

Sandfox

Do we want the writer have two FF Books? Like with New Avengers and Avengers? I know, its done before by Fraction (its most likely the next comic I read after Avengers), but I would love to have someone write such a cool intervened story again.
I would like that personally.

Most people want shorter stories these days and consider long ones to be a negative.
Which is a bummer. Like with Green Arrow, I feel like Emerald Outlaw should still be going, and that's at like 5 issues before jumping to Roy Harper
Bendis also did it with X-Men for the first chunk of those books.

I'd like it, honestly.

That SGM didn't make movie money from Chrononauts warms my heart. That book is bad. Why are so many SGM drawn books bad. It boggles the mind. He's worked with a lot of big name in comics (of the direct market). Morrison, Snyder, Millar, Remender.

Maybe he should ask Raina Telgemeier to write a comic for him.

Did you like The Wake?

And his art style isn't suited for kids books.

Mosaic could have been something had Marvel promoted the book.

We knew Moon Knight was ending.

Same with Spider-Man 2099.

Doctor Strange & The Sorcerers Supreme and Occupy Avengers were good ideas but...no one was feeling them.

I would have no idea from where, but I feel like I saw or heard the more of Mosaic than just about anything Marvel's done lately new-book wise.

I feel like that character was being talked up a shit ton before the book launched.

Marvel gave Mosaic a pretty big push. They even gave away a free preview story both physically and digitally among other things.

Ok, seems I'm not crazy.

I would have no idea from where, but I feel like I saw or heard the more of Mosaic than just about anything Marvel's done lately new-book wise.

I feel like that character was being talked up a shit ton before the book launched.

Ok, seems I'm not crazy.
They also overshipped the book like crazy. Remember the "I have so many Mosaic #1 and #2 that I can use it as toilet paper because no one even wants it for free" stories.

They also overshipped the book like crazy. Remember the "I have so many Mosaic #1 and #2 that I can use it as toilet paper because no one even wants it for free" stories.

Was there also some kind of tie-in 0 issue or something? Or maybe a back-issue to some book before it first came out?

For some reason I just remember hearing a lot about Mosaic before it was out.

Hagi

Ah shit I wanted to pick up Spurriers X-force before the sale ended and it's not even bloody in it. First another Scottish IndyRef and now this fml

I bought all Remenders run though so that's a win

Did you like The Wake?

And his art style isn't suited for kids books.
Have it but haven't read it yet. Have heard middling things about it

I'm joking about him working with Telgemeier. I find the idea of SGM looking to work with Telgemeier for monetary reasons funny. She sells millions and millions of her creator owned work.

The first half is super super strong as an alien-esque horror story. The larger 12 issue is fun, with some interesting though and great visuals. Not sure I enjoyed the story as much in an overall sense but that first half (which is pretty self contained) is really great.

Sandfox

secret-empire-underground-237945.jpg
Well here's Whitley's oneshot for SE.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/13/exclusive-marvel-announces-secret-empire-underground/

A vital chapter to the heroes of the Marvel Universe confronting Steve Rogers and the oncoming hordes of Hydra in the Secret Empire saga, SECRET EMPIRE: UNDERGROUND also enlists Hercules, Ant-Man, Iron Man, and Quicksilver for a covert mission that strikes at the very foundation of Hydra's grasp around the world. Can Mockingbird and her team find the cracks in Hydra's hold to bring it all crumbling down? Or will their plan cause Hydra to grow back even stronger than before? Be here this June as the resistance fights back SECRET EMPIRE: UNDERGROUND from Jeremy Whitley, Eric Koda, and Marvel Comics.

MG310

So, two months ago Elsa Charretier shipped my Harley and Ivy commission. It went missing in the post. She redid the commission and sent it last week. Today... Two packages show up.

Here's a pic of the commission

Very odd situation. I've emailed her and told her I'll send it back and hopefully auction it for charity maybe?

Too many Harleys, the most Messi of problems.

mreddie

do they honestly expect people to give a shit about quicksilver, hercules and mockingbird?

Nothing but cult heroes and Quicksilver/Scott.

And they are sticking with that outfit, there's a character that could have benefitted from the MCU look.

I feel like you say this a lot. They publish a lot of books that start out great but wear thin within the first arc. Even fucking Unstoppable Wasp is starting to lose me.

What do you like then? If you say Flash, you are Messi to me.

Hagi

Why is Herc wearing a scouter from Dragonball Z

I wonder what the next event is going to be after Alt Steve. Hopefully Ultron related seeing as he's floating about up in space again.

Sandfox

Why is Herc wearing a scouter from Dragonball Z

I wonder what the next event is going to be after Alt Steve. Hopefully Ultron related seeing as he's floating about up in space again.
Herc started to modernize himself and embrace tech in the Abnett run.

mreddie

Are you telling me it's okay? or are you trying to say just an utter of his name is a seal of quality? it's hard to tell because the current Aquaman is an Abnett book and it's pretty damn boring.

I mean it's okay.

While I haven't read Aquaman, Abnett's Titans is just watching a preseason football game.

Hagi

I mean it's okay.

While I haven't read Aquaman, Abnett's Titans is just watching a preseason football game.

Oh right sorry lol

Pre-season NFL? pre-season football in Scotland is like watching a bunch of senior citizens playing a 5 a side, I'd hope it's not that bad. I'm going to pick it up eventually to support Wally.

I'm joking about him working with Telgemeier. I find the idea of SGM looking to work with Telgemeier for monetary reasons funny. She sells millions and millions of her creator owned work.
i only read the first issue of The Wake but it's one of the more egregious examples of Snyder's storytelling format

Top Bottom