• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, nuts. I didn't get that job. But they liked me enough that they said they'd keep me in mind if anything else opened up, though. Which is something, I suppose.

So if The Flash keeps sucking, you can't blame me.

Hagi

Aw, nuts. I didn't get that job. But they liked me enough that they said they'd keep me in mind if anything else opened up, though. Which is something, I suppose.

So if The Flash keeps sucking, you can't blame me.

Every time I watch Flash now I'll just think this could've been better if BrightLightLava tried a little harder in his interview.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, I am a big Cap fan and I will always be #TeamCap and I also 100% agree that he cant let get the Illuninati get away with just erasing his mind, but damn, Steve Rogers is laughable stubborn in Hickmann Avengers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
C6z1NTbW0AU2fhy.jpg

ComicGaf lied to me

Kick Ass?
So out of curiosity I was looking for sales of kick ass and couldn't really find it. According to bookscan, it sold about 40k copies of the hardcover in 2010. There's ano article about it selling 100k with 40% being sell through but it doesn't mention if it's bookstore sales or diamond sales or some combination. I could probably find out but didn't really feel like digging through that many sites and numbers. But even if we're being generous, it probably didn't sell more than 300k to date.

Telgemeier's Sisters has 1.5 million copies in print. That's just one of her titles

Judging from these sales

http://www.comicsbeat.com/image-com...-2009-2015-prove-the-walking-deads-dominance/

It looks like the only one who people can even remotely compete with Telgemeier are BKV and Kirkman. Walking dead v1 has sold about a million plus copies if you mix the compendium, trade and hardcovers. Not to mention digital sales which aren't covered.

Saga v1 sold at least 300k through 2015. Those are monster sales.

Rereading volume 1 of OML. I wasn't too bothered the first time I read it, but enjoying this time through a whole lot. Crotchety old Logan is pretty good, and Sorrentino's art is awesome. The big panel where Amadeus
punts him through the construction site
is great. Pretty sure Cranky old Steve shows up soon too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That Avengers Time-Gem Arc is the best timetravel story in any Comicbook so far.

Tomorrow it is Illuminati Vs Justice League.

And then... Time Runs Out.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't hate it either but it's a bit disappointing. I feel like "America in college" isn't the most interesting angle they could've gone in, but we'll see. Also not Joe Quinones' best work imo

Both fair points. I think it's weird that Paolo Rivera is on inks. Seems like a bit of a waste of his talents, but I don't entirely understand the function of inkers.

Hagi

Yooo this league of shadows stuff in Detective Comics is awesome. I don't think I've read anything notable with Shiva in it before, she's a straight up monster. I love this book.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
The previews and the covers for this looked awesome, really good stuff. Gonna catch up on my current marvel books then maybe try a few new things in April, so just kind of gathering what's hot and what's not haha. Hulk does look great though. Had listed Nova and the new Hawkeye as being worth a look in when they hit trade too? Thought Gamora looked okay but potential dead already anyway so not a big commitment to check out either way.

Not really sure if this is new or old but new to me anyway. Saw Becky Cloonan tweeting that Image will be publishing her previously self published series of one shots in August. Have wanted to read these for awhile so I'm in:

Really digging that cover. I'll have to check this out for sure.

Really digging that cover. I'll have to check this out for sure.

Yea, they look pretty great. She self published them separately and even as a collection I think so you can probably find more info out there if you want. I'm on board anyway. Looking forward to Southern Cross vol 2 for that matter, Cloonan is cool.

Messi

Aw yeah, I found Messi's twitter. I wonder what controversial stuff I'll find........................

Soccer, Westley Snipes, art pages. Basically the same Messi on GAF.

I'm sorry to let you down. Take solace in the fact that Stjepan Sejic and Jimmy Palmiotti also see my inane tweets.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yea, they look pretty great. She self published them separately and even as a collection I think so you can probably find more info out there if you want. I'm on board anyway. Looking forward to Southern Cross for that matter, Cloonan is cool.

Very cool!

I self published my book as well, but then the Fanbase Press deal happened, so I'm not longer selling the book under my publishing banner. They're re-releasing 1-4 under Fanbase Press.

I absolutely love how many avenues there are now for independent creators to get their stuff out there. When I was growing up, there weren't many options for being an indie creator besides printing out and putting your book together yourself. It's great to see so many options. I was using Kablam to print the physical versions of my book, and I sold them on comixology using their comixology submit system. I also sold them on Amazon Kindle. Once I stopped trying to get published by the Dark Horses, Images, DCs, and Marvels of the world, I was much happier just sitting down and creating my book. It's been simultaneously a pain in the ass, and one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

The 4 issue mini-series is complete. Issue 5 is complete, and I'm working on Issue 6 now. I never thought I'd see the day where I completed 1 22 page comic, let alone 5 of them.

My next project I'll probably go back to self publishing if Fanbase isn't interested in publishing it. I love the control I have over telling the stories I want to tell, how I want to tell them.

PsychBat!

Banned
Hickman's twitter is the best one.

He trolls X-Men fans from time to time and wishes for a better US national football team.

Anyways, I just finished reading America #1

It's painfully slightly below average.

It's not really the direction I thought they would take the character when they finally gave her a solo.
Same, but I would have accepted it if it had felt like the character. Something was off, and I think it was mainly the dialogue. Her voice didn't seem right. That and I think the art is average

It's not really the direction I thought they would take the character when they finally gave her a solo.

Exactly. I wanted this solo to really be a crazy drug trip sci-fi book where we really get to see her powers. Instead we're getting some slice of life school book. That type of stuff is fine but it doesn't last long at Marvel and to me it's a waste for the character.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
read the first trade of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from IDW

that was pretty great! apparently issue 50 is a good jumping off point, so maybe i'll just read til then and wrap up

Top Bottom