• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

tim1138

Messi - There's also a Harley Quinn omnibus announced in there to go with the Batman & Robin omnibus.

BTW, my Mister Miracle AE is arriving this week. :D Excited for that.

I've resisted the AE urge, mostly because I have no place to keep them, hah. I do have the Kirby Pencils & Ink Artisan Edition though, it has the first issues of Kamandi, the Demon, and OMAC presented side by side in raw pencils and then inked. So the same kind of material as the AE's, just in a much more manageable size.

Yea it's not a big deal. It explains a plot thread left over from Batman vol 1 and I think it kiiind of sets up Batwoman's new solo but I have to imagine the Batwoman series itself recaps that. I thought it was kind of fun but definitely not necessary if you want to keep things lean or at least wait until they paperback it.

Yeah im trying to keep it kind of lean, already looking at six or seven series I mentioned before and thats cutting out some others I was considering. These would be as well as the Marvel and indie stuff I get. I normally gets event series in floppies at the time incase anything too important happens, got JL/Suicide Squad but didn't feel too excited by Monster Men so just left it

How did ss vs justice league end up? I'm hesitant to order the standard hardcover if it's just the usual cape stuff.

I thought it was pretty fun, nothing ground breaking but some fun action and characters from the past brought back. They got a bit carried away at the end with setting up the new Justice League Of America series and some other upcoming series rather than giving it the best ending, but comics gonna comics.

Messi

Tomasi and Gleasons OMNI YES

OMG Harley toooooo

Harley Rebirth deluxe!

Harley a celebration of 25 Years HC

Harley by Dodson and Kessel HC

Harley cover gallery deluxe hc

Harley yes yes yes

After two weeks, I finally beat Horizon this evening. Even scored the platinum trophy! Final clock count was 58 hours, which is nuts to me. I honestly don't put so much time into console games these days, I'd only normally put that time into a handheld game. Incredible experience that I'd recommend to all, a perfectly conceived game with a level of cohesion between fiction, character, combat and world design that you very rarely see. And Nier just turned up in the mail this morning haha. I might take a little break this week before I start in.

Hagi

After two weeks, I finally beat Horizon this evening. Even scored the platinum trophy! Final clock count was 58 hours, which is nuts to me. I honestly don't put so much time into console games these days, I'd only normally put that time into a handheld game. Incredible experience that I'd recommend to all, a perfectly conceived game with a level of cohesion between fiction, character, combat and world design that you very rarely see. And Nier just turned up in the mail this morning haha. I might take a little break this week before I start in.

I don't know why but the game just isn't clicking for me, seriously gorgeous though.

I just started Nier the other day. It's interesting. Definitely a bit on the weird side in terms of story.

Hah I'm only like 2 or 3 hours in and yup it is weird as fuck. I'm way interested in where it's going especially with the different routes.

I just started Nier the other day. It's interesting. Definitely a bit on the weird side in terms of story.

Awesome, it does look pretty interesting. The demo was pretty intriguing and the reviews were silly high so I thought why not. I never played the original Nier, nor a Taro game, but looking forward to whatever he cooks up. Horizon was great story wise but ready for something different now.

Sorry to hear you didn't dig Horizon Hagi man, just goes to show it's all in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day. It really in one of the best things I've played in years though, especially on the playstation.

Rereading Extraordinary X-men volume 1 this evening. Pretty decent. The plot is quite by the numbers Xmen intro, reassemble the team, establish a new place to hide kind of thing but Lemire is suitably quipy, and the Logan/Jean stuff is quite compelling. It's a good enough followup to the end of OML issue 4, and I just let my eyes glaze over when they start talking about cyclops, Inhumans or the new version of no more mutants.

Hagi

Awesome, it does look pretty interesting. The demo was pretty intriguing and the reviews were silly high so I thought why not. I never played the original Nier, nor a Taro game, but looking forward to whatever he cooks up. Horizon was great story wise but ready for something different now.

Sorry to hear you didn't dig Horizon Hagi man, just goes to show it's all in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day. It really in one of the best things I've played in years though, especially on the playstation.

Rereading Extraordinary X-men volume 1 this evening. Pretty decent. The plot is quite by the numbers Xmen intro, reassemble the team, establish a new place to hide kind of thing but Lemire is suitably quipy, and the Logan/Jean stuff is quite compelling. It's a good enough followup to the end of OML issue 4, and I just let my eyes glaze over when they start talking about cyclops, Inhumans or the new version of no more mutants.

I think I'm suffering a bit from open world fatigue so I'm just going to shelve it then come back to it after Persona I think. The story seems interesting so I'd at least like to see where it goes.

I need to pick up some Old Man Logan, I really should have bit when it was on sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sam Cap is over huh? I mean... not unexcted, its not like I thought regular ass Captain America wouldnt return sooner or later but still. Meh.

Guess Jane is next then? Younger Wolverine?

jurgen

Sam Cap is over huh? I mean... not unexcted, its not like I thought regular ass Captain America wouldnt return sooner or later but still. Meh.

Guess Jane is next then? Younger Wolverine?

X-23's probably next on the chopping block.

I think Jane's going to have at least another year. I can see Aaron wanting to write a team-up event with Jane and Odinson and then wrap it all up with Jane finally dying.

I think I'm suffering a bit from open world fatigue so I'm just going to shelve it then come back to it after Persona I think. The story seems interesting so I'd at least like to see where it goes.

I need to pick up some Old Man Logan, I really should have bit when it was on sale.

I want to play Persona but c'mon man. Yokai Watch 2 is out the same week. No choice really, amirite?

It's pretty good man. Back when I read these trades I honestly came out a bit meh on them but the upcoming relaunch and the Logan movie got me in the mood and I've had a good time with them this time. Old Man Logan is just a cool character and a compelling thread through the two, and I like seeing teen Jean as the other side to his coin.

I reckon Jane Thor will wrap when Aaron says so. He's too far in now and his run has been really well received over the last few years. They won't cut that short, Aaron's important to them, writing Star Wars and all. Did they announce Sam Cap ending or is this just off the back of May solicits?

Sandfox

All-New Wolverine: I see Laura keeping her book even if the original Wolverine returns and changing names.

Mighty Thor: I'm expecting Odinson to take back over when #700 hits later this year. Then I expect Aaron to move onto a new book for MMM.

Damn, Aaron done with Strange, could be wrapped up on Thor within the year. Kind of exciting what he could work on next. Would love an OG Fury book that sorts all that out and puts him back on the table.

Sandfox

You shittin on David Lopez right now?
I was actually going to write that Lopez's art was amazing on my post, but decided against it for some reason.
Damn, Aaron done with Strange, could be wrapped up on Thor within the year. Kind of exciting what he could work on next. Would love an OG Fury book that sorts all that out and puts him back on the table.
The next few months should be interesting In terms of announcements.

jurgen

If the Guardians book wasn't already taken, I'd peg him for that just because he loves flirting with cosmic Marvel.

But I have a feeling that he's just going to write Star Wars books for Marvel and work on the Scalped TV series.

If the Guardians book wasn't already taken, I'd peg him for that just because he loves flirting with cosmic Marvel.

But I have a feeling that he's just going to write Star Wars books for Marvel and work on the Scalped TV series.

Guardians would have been a great shout. Fuck that thought to death about him doing TV. That's no good, and I can;t have it. He did tweet this:

Know that I will miss writing Doc Weirdo. But I am insanely excited about everything that lies ahead for me at Marvel.

So let's go with more comics. I could see Thanos since Lemire is dropping out, but everyone seemed to hate the mini he did awhile back hah.

I think it's an assumption on his part.
Ah. I can't see them cancelling it. They've been working to cement this as a thing. If anything, Steve will just do another Agent Steve Rogers or something like that. I'd love it if he went back to being a crochety old bastard. He and OML can have their own grumpy old men book.

Sandfox

Ah. I can't see them cancelling it. They've been working to cement this as a thing. If anything, Steve will just do another Agent Steve Rogers or something like that. I'd love it if he went back to being a crochety old bastard. He and OML can have their own grumpy old men book.
I'm expecting Marvel to cut back on the name sharing based on what we've heard and Sam would be the one to lose out rather than Steve. Sam needs to keep his elevated status though.

Remember when Matt Fraction was relevant? Dude fell off in 2016.
Excessive delays will do that. He's still one of my current favorite writers though, Sex Criminals is always a good read when I do read it. He is one of the best writers when it comes to down to earth characters IMO. One of the biggest crimes is that he never did a Spider-Man ongoing before he left Marvel. He is such a perfect fit for the character.

Excessive delays will do that. He's still one of my current favorite writers though, Sex Criminals is always a good read when I do read it. He is one of the best writers when it comes to down to earth characters IMO. One of the biggest crimes is that he never did a Spider-Man ongoing before he left Marvel. He is such a perfect fit for the character.
Did he ever have a She-Hulk run? Or Captain Marvel? I think he'd be a good fit for those.

I played the original Nier, but I wasn't a big fan outside of the soundtrack. This one is much more enjoyable. It's a bit confusing at first because it's more open-world than Platinum games have been in the past.

Messi

Also he gets a free pass for life for this

FF6-are-you-still-my-brothers-.jpg

:')

Top Bottom