• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Essentially this. I'll take a Fraction book that takes its time over 95% of other comic writers. Dude is gold.

He wrote She Hulk in FF with Mike Allred.

Kelly Sue wrote Cap Marvel
I wasn't sure how many Carol Marvel runs there have been. Was his She-Hulk written pretty well?

mreddie

Remember when Matt Fraction was relevant? Dude fell off in 2016.

Too busy trying to be the next Mark Millar.

I'm expecting Marvel to cut back on the name sharing based on what we've heard and Sam would be the one to lose out rather than Steve. Sam needs to keep his elevated status though.

Same, but I'm enjoying Chulk and Ironheart though. And well, I doubt Axel has the balls to give Janet a fucking solo run.

Messi

She was wearing black even before then though and wore white as a villain.

Yeah but I mean black goes with what they are doing right now. When they pull back changing to white will be an obvious move. She's worn both colours while doing loads of shit.

For the record I prefer the white.

Sandfox

We know Cho is because it's Cho but Ironheart I hear could be pushed to Ultra Girl limbo once BMB is off Iron Man.
People seem to like her decently enough and she will probably appear in other forms of media soon enough. I would probably just have her in Champions or something.

mreddie

People seem to like her decently enough and she will probably appear in other forms of media soon enough. I would probably just have her in Champions or something.

Is it because social media that the new gen of heroes is getting better received than say Academy-Young Allies?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
please don't make fun of me. i want to get back to Valiant - i left off having finished Bloodshot, Harbinger, & XO (up until Armor Warsish)

where should i go from here? i only want to read completed stories. i'm thinking:

-The Valiant
-Bloodshot Reborn
-Rai / 4000 AD event
thoughts?

Sandfox

Speaking of Valiant, they announced that the Russo brothers will be working on a Quantum and Woody tv series after Avengers.

VanWinkle

YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That DC catalog has me BEYOND hyped.

Definite purchase on all of the following. Exclamation point means I'm especially excited:

-Batman and Robin by Tomasi/Gleason Omnibus (!)
-Batman Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 2
-Grayson Omnibus (!)
-Harley Quinn by Palmniotti/Conner Omnibus Vol. 1
-Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus
-Justice League International Omnibus Vol. 1 (!)
-Darkseid War Omnibus (!)
-New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 1 (!)
-Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1

-Absolute World's Greatest Superheroes by Paul Dini and Alex Ross (!)

-Aquaman: The Atlantis Chronicles Deluxe Edition
-Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (!)
-Batman Hush Deluxe Edition
-Green Arrow Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (!)
-JLA: The Nail/Another Nail Deluxe Edition
-Justice League of America Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (!)
-Nightwing Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (!)
-Wonder Woman Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (!)

-DC Universe by John Byrne HC
Checkmate by Rucka Book 2 TPB
-Legionnaires Book 2 TPB (!)
-Robin Vol. 5 TPB
-Flash by Johns Book Four TPB
-Flash by Waid Book Three TPB
-The Legion by Abnett and Lanning Vol. 1 TPB (!)

Yeah she was fun in FF plus you get the Allred art as well. Shame he's done with Marvel but at least he left us with Hawkeye before leaving. What a great run.

Yeah I loved it. Art by Allred fill ins by Joe Quinones. What a team.

He is really missed at Marvel.
Nice. I know that run has mixed views, but I may check it out. I've been meaning to read more FF. Besides Hickman, what are the major runs to look for?

Can we give Emma her white costumes back please? Black ain't her colour.
I agree. It was the only design of Bendis' run I disliked. Made her seem too similar to Magik. She did rock the short hair though

Sandfox

Nice. I know that run has mixed views, but I may check it out. I've been meaning to read more FF. Besides Hickman, what are the major runs to look for?

I agree. It was the only design of Bendis' run I disliked. Made her seem too similar to Magik. She did rock the short hair though

Original, Byrne, and Waid.

error4041

Just got to the arc with Vincent Van Gore in Daredevil and HOLY SHIT!!! This is fantastic, totally makes up for the ridiculousness of Tenfingers earlier in the series.

Ross61

Tynion and Bennett were at one point considered to be Snyder's successors.
Those are more like students. What does being a "successor" of a more successful writer entitle you? The whole thing just confuses me. What does the person gain from being proclaimed your successor? More looks?

jurgen

Remember when Matt Fraction was relevant? Dude fell off in 2016.

Fraction got pushed too hard by Marvel to be their next big writer when big names like Brubaker were jumping ship. I remember interviews at the end of Fear Itself when he just sounded deflated about editorial making him immediately undo all of the big story beats he wrote just a few issues earlier (death of Bucky, Thor, etc).

It's a shame. His Iron Man was brilliant for the first half of the run. His X-Men was somewhat underrated for all the baggage he had to deal with. And I'm convinced he was the best Spider-Man author we never got.

I don't buy that excuse. Plenty of other great writers like him are able to keep up with a schedule.

He and his wife are apparently in a few writer's rooms for TV shows these days. He's no longer exclusively a comics writer.

His fame started with American Vampire in 2010 and he's so far had 7 years of success. He can all all the successors he wants.

Snyder really didn't become a superstar talent that could pick a successor until his New 52 Batman run. Most perception around him until that was that he was the guy riding Stephen King's coattails on American Vampire.

Top Bottom