• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Just watched the trailer for Atomic Blonde. Seems like a punk female James Bond with John Wick-esque action. I dig it super hard, but naturally people can't handle a badass female in a lead role. Apparently girls are to weak to beat up boys.

What is this? Fucking 5th grade?
Original, Byrne, and Waid.

Man that Stan Lee dialogue makes the OG so hard to read though. It took me far too long to get through the The Origin of the Inhumans trade. You have no idea.

mreddie

You can tell Fraction's time on Marvoo was a hectic one. His Iron Man run is a damn great one.

Yeah, I feel the movie synergy fucked up his Thor plans.

Marvel basically pushed him too hard once Brubaker left and trying to establish everyone else. Dude always loved the smaller heroes or groups. Them dicking around over Hawkeye and Sex Criminals being a hit was likely the last straw and the same time KSD left too.

Fear Itself was just a wet fart of a event and that likely fucked him up. Also him rejecting the Inhumans line.

Snyder really didn't become a superstar talent that could pick a successor until his New 52 Batman run. Most perception around him until that was that he was the guy riding Stephen King's coattails on American Vampire.

Which is kind of funny because his portion of AmVamp at the time was a fair bit better than King's (I love you Stephen). An to be fair to Snyder, AmpVamp started in March 2010, and he was N52 Bat writer by September 2011, and he even fit The Black Mirror in the middle there. He didn't really become a superstar until n52 Batman, but he got to that run pretty quick.

YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That DC catalog has me BEYOND hyped.

Haha, the facebook group just collectively hyperventilated right?

You can tell Fraction's time on Marvoo was a hectic one. His Iron Man run is a damn great one.

Yeah, I feel the movie synergy fucked up his Thor plans.

Marvel basically pushed him too hard once Brubaker left and trying to establish everyone else. Dude always loved the smaller heroes or groups. Them dicking around over Hawkeye and Sex Criminals being a hit was likely the last straw and the same time KSD left too.

Fear Itself was just a wet fart of a event and that likely fucked him up. Also him rejecting the Inhumans line.
You should check out his newsletter from a few months ago(think BC has a copy). He posted how it was to work at Marvel while CW was happening.

This week's digital codes for Marvel:
The Unbelievable Gwenpool #5, the first chapter of Gwenpool, The Unbelievable Vol. 2: Head of M.O.D.O.K. out tomorrow.

Deadpool: Wade Wilson’s War #1, the first chapter of Deadpool Classic Vol. 17: Headcanon out tomorrow.

And Captain America Annual #8, the first chapter of Wolverine Vs The Marvel Universe TPB out in two weeks.

I'm a little bummed. I started reading X-23: The Complete Collection Vol. 2, and I'm just kinda bummed because all of the issue covers have her in her X-Force outfit, but she's in regular things.

Small things.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Decent week

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #13
East Of West #32
Invincible #134
Sex Criminals #17

Batman #19
Green Arrow #19
Nightwing #17

Amazing Spider-Man #25
Captain America Sam Wilson #20
Daredevil #18
Mighty Thor #17
Spider-Man #14
Uncanny Avengers #21

Mindwipe

Is Sex Crims back in the app or do I need to buy it via the website AGAIN?

It's not up there atm. But it seems to vary from issue to issue depending on the content.

It's actually kind of silly the way it works with finding stuff you've bought, and it still not appearing in the listings under book details as they're store pages. Sex involved me having to go back via my unread tab, and there's so many books there it was a nightmare.

*one month later*

oh hey guys, Valiant High is fantastic.

Also, Divinity III #3 melted my face.

...aaaaand The Walking Dead. What are you doing Kirkman. fuck you man.

I tried reading Saga of the Super Sons. Couldn't get past the first issue... I don't know what other stuff Bob Haney has written but this hasn't really aged well.

YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That DC catalog has me BEYOND hyped.

Definite purchase on all of the following. Exclamation point means I'm especially excited:

Yeah, some great stuff announced.

My definites.

4th World Omnibus
Absolute Authority v1
Astro City: Everyday Heroes

My maybes.

JLI Omnibus v1
B&R Tomasi/Gleason Omnibus
Sebastian O/Mystery Play (Morrison)

kmfdmpig

I tried reading Saga of the Super Sons. Couldn't get past the first issue... I don't know what other stuff Bob Haney has written but this hasn't really aged well.

My definites.

4th World Omnibus
Absolute Authority v1

My maybes.

JLI Omnibus v1

Oh, a JLI Omnibus? That's great news.

tim1138

My definites.

4th World Omnibus
Absolute Authority v1

My maybes.

JLI Omnibus v1

I missed the listing for Absolute Authority, I'll be grabbing that as well.

Is the new ASM issue seriously 10€/$. Like, there's a bunch of pages but none of the Deadpool issues that cost that much was really worth it.

Edit: So LGBT people arent't happy with Angela in today's GotG. Not at all.

Snyder really didn't become a superstar talent that could pick a successor until his New 52 Batman run. Most perception around him until that was that he was the guy riding Stephen King's coattails on American Vampire.
Your starting off good if your being compared to Stephen King.

caliph95

Its a tumblr that calls Bendis a filthy subhuman vermin for writing awful lesbian characters.
I can see why it could be blocked on your side, the language is not very nice *lol*
Like what is specifically bad is it typical bendis shit or doing dumb stereotypes.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Like what is specifically bad is it typical bendis shit or doing dumb stereotypes.
There was something like Angela only had one line for Sen to say. Hard to say between all the ranting, but from I get from the Tumblr its not worth using Nazi language against Bendis.

Is the new ASM issue seriously 10€/$. Like, there's a bunch of pages but none of the Deadpool issues that cost that much was really worth it.

That's uh quite the piece there.

I definitely agree that
turning Sera into MacGuffin for Angela
is not great, but there's some fairly fucked up stuff there.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I definitely agree that
turning Sera into MacGuffin for Angela
is not great, but there's some fairly fucked up stuff there.
Before someone wants to misunderstands me here, I 100% agree to this with Angela.
But you dont use that language. Never. Ever. To describe another human.

(Not quoting you because I want to reply, just in general.)

caliph95

Yeah was finally able to get by the block by using google translate and reading the tumblr.

Okay i get the frustration but it seems it just Bendis being at best tone-deaf and clearly not caring than anything malicious. I hate to say they are overreacting but i doubt marvel is seeking erase their lesbian characters considering they are pushing Chavez who is blantly a lesbian and they don't try to hide it.

Fucking hell:

It is yet more disgusting, bigoted and lesbophobic TRASH from that filthy sub-human VERMIN Brian Michael Bendis

In which he yet again demonstrates that he is the single most repulsive bigoted talentless HACK working in comics and that he utterly hates queer women

I'm not saying you can't be upset, but there's really no need to take it that far.

caliph95

Can you break it down for me? I couldn't find the actual complaint inside the wall of Bendis hate.
Basically Sera, Angela's transgender girlfriend was turned into a macguffin and was turned into afterthought where Angela barely talks about it even though she should considering she loves her. Basically accusing Bendis being a bigot and accusing Bendis and marvel for being homophobic and transphobic.

Hagi

Can you break it down for me? I couldn't find the actual complaint inside the wall of Bendis hate.

He's a cunt and a shit writer who hates queer people. Only thing that's true in that blog is that Guardians is terrible.

Basically Sera, Angela's transgender girlfriend was turned into a macguffin and was turned into afterthought where Angela barely talks about it even though she should considering she loves her.

This.

Bendis can be really stupid when it comes to writing and how he treats certain controversial topics, but I would never call him a "filthy sub-human VERMIN". That some shit reserved for people like Jontron and Richard Spencer.

Top Bottom