• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Bombshells good? the statues are cool but I keep forgetting it's a book. I generally like Bennets work so I should just make the jump.
It's ok if your looking for ladies beating the shit out of Nazis. Any arc that has nothing to do with WWII is weak imo.

Hagi

Really great. Bennett is wonderful.

Here's Harley and Ivy are adorable. Batwoman too. I Love it all.

Absolutely yes to both.

Harley's bits are like Looney Toons

Sounds awesome I'll pick it up tomorrow. She was lovely when we met her at Thoughtbubble last year, pretty sure she either signed A-Force or Angela then gave us a mini mars bar lol

I read a little of Elegy back when it was released and my god the art. I'm really into Batwoman right now.

It's ok if your looking for ladies beating the shit out of Nazis. Any arc that has nothing to do with WWII is weak imo.

thatsmyfetish.jpg

Messi

Sounds awesome I'll pick it up tomorrow. She was lovely when we met her at Thoughtbubble last year, pretty sure she either signed A-Force or Angela then gave us a mini mars bar lol

I read a little of Elegy back when it was released and my god the art. I'm really into Batwoman right now.

thatsmyfetish.jpg

Rucka's run is godly.

Bennett was lovely when I met her. Couldn't have been sweeter.

--

How about that guy trying to ask out Babs Tarr on twitter today lol

This is the closest thing I can think of:
Batman244.jpg

Hagi

Rucka's run is godly.

Bennett was lovely when I met her. Couldn't have been sweeter.

--

How about that guy trying to ask out Babs Tarr on twitter today lol

We met a few creators and she was the most down to earth next to Snyder. I'd like to go to a con again sometime.

If you can handle it totally shitting the bed after volume 3,the art is incredible in the new 52 run as well.

When does she go to space? I heard that was a thing.

When does she go to space? I heard that was a thing.

Haha I think that was a thing but I had jumped off the sinking ship by then, I think that was the last new 52 volume, vol 6. I read the first Andreyko arc and it was a big nope. Frustrating because there is literally no good tie up to the Blackman era so it's hard to recommend. I really like those 4 volumes though (double checked its the first 4 that are safe, not three). They're a worthy follow up to Elegy for me.

Hagi

I mean if you actually read the Marvel blog they call them a power couple and list Ayo & Aneka from Black Panther straight after referencing Angela and Seras relationship in their blurb. I get the Bendis stuff but this is dumb. Rewriting history? fuck off with that.

Haha I think that was a thing but I had jumped off the sinking ship by then, I think that was the last new 52 volume, vol 6. I read the first Andreyko arc and it was a big nope. Frustrating because there is literally no good tie up to the Blackman era so it's hard to recommend. I really like those 4 volumes though (double checked its the first 4 that are safe, not three). They're a worthy follow up to Elegy for me.

Sounds cool even more stuff to buy!

I mean if you actually read the Marvel blog they call them a power couple and list Ayo & Aneka from Black Panther straight after referencing Angela and Seras relationship in their blurb. I get the Bendis stuff but this is dumb.

Sounds cool even more stuff to buy!
They call it companionship.

Btw, I checked that tumblr. Seems she was just pissed to lose the only major lesbian couple in Marvel she had left. Ayo and Aneka don't even have their own book to themselves.

It's pretty much Marvel's N52!Batwoman thing only the writer jumped ship to DC.

Hagi

They call it companionship.

Btw, I checked that tumblr. Seems she was just pissed to lose the only major lesbian couple in Marvel she had left. Ayo and Aneka don't even have their own book to themselves.

As such, we consider them one of Marvel’s true “power couples.” Their relationship began with a deep respect for one another, and a companionship that grew as they traveled together, fighting their way through some pretty tough scrapes.

I mean you and Rich can read this to be about friends if you want but that's up to you. Seems pretty clear to me.

Nah, if it was Buzzfeed it'd just be lists. That's more CBR's department these days.

Well, that and the dreaded Newsarama slideshows.
Even the DC writers are complaining about CBR. Cronin is the only good part and he could easily do the same thing somewhere else like Polygon or Gizmodo.

New topic: Did anyone pick up the American Gods comic's first issue today?

I'll be keeping an eye on reviews, I'm a big fan of Gaiman's novels. I'm a little skeptical though. The strength of American Gods is all in Gaiman's way with words and less in the plot, so not sure how an adaptation will fair. That extends to the TV series too.

Reminds me I need to pick up his Norse Mythology book soon.

ITSMILNER

Quick question to anyone who reads Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I picked up the first volume graphic novel but I'm confused as to where the story is supposed to take place. I assume it takes place in its own continuity but what's the set up? Is it starting from Green with Evil?

Now the summer is coming I'm looking to get back to reading comics, I started re-reading Marvel Avengers and Spider-Man titles starting way back from the start of Bendis's New Avengers run (Just before Civil War) I stopped last year when I got up to Norman Osborne taking over the Avengers and just before the Gaunlet storyline in Amazing Spider-Man. Also going to read DC stuff (Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League) starting from the New 52 run

Quick question to anyone who reads Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I picked up the first volume graphic novel but I'm confused as to where the story is supposed to take place. I assume it takes place in its own continuity but what's the set up? Is it starting from Green with Evil?

Now the summer is coming I'm looking to get back to reading comics, I started re-reading Marvel Avengers and Spider-Man titles starting way back from the start of Bendis's New Avengers run (Just before Civil War) I stopped last year when I got up to Norman Osborne taking over the Avengers and just before the Gaunlet storyline in Amazing Spider-Man. Also going to read DC stuff (Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League) starting from the New 52 run
-Lights the MMPR signal-

Your help will be here soon.

Sandfox

As such, we consider them one of Marvel’s true “power couples.” Their relationship began with a deep respect for one another, and a companionship that grew as they traveled together, fighting their way through some pretty tough scrapes.

I mean you and Rich can read this to be about friends if you want but that's up to you. Seems pretty clear to me.
I agree with you. Rich just likes to do stuff like that for clicks.

ITSMILNER

The comic takes place after Jason breaks Tommy free of Rita's spell.

Ahh ok so story wise its the TV series until Green with Evil and then the comic picks up from that and creates its own continuity? I also see on Amazon they have a Pink Ranger volume coming out, is that worth getting as well?

Hagi

I agree with you. Rich just likes to do stuff like that for clicks.

Not reading the things you link to or expecting your readers to read them seems par for the course.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bendis response is to the whole thing. I think it's a valid complaint.

Sandfox

Not reading the things you link to or expecting your readers to read them seems par for the course.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bendis response is to the whole thing. I think it's a valid complaint.
The book is ending with the next issue either way. We will probably hear something at some point though.
lol welp, I was going to buy it for Hannah Blumenreich's backup buuuut idk if I 10 dollars want it

nazi variant lmao

nooooooooooooooooooooo
It will probably be on sale when Homecoming gets close. The issue is important though.

Malyse

I'm like super behind, but I just gotta say the concept of
Maker Reed being the villain
of Infamous Iron Man is absolutely inspired.

mreddie

I'm convinced BMB is Axel's hired gun.

AA just killed the momentum from Angela-Sera and not having any balls calling Sera trans.

In fact, has ANYTHING notable come from Angela since AOU?

She's like a wasted draft pick or in football terms, a soccer player getting paid 50 million euros to be a backup?

I have read so many excellent comics today. Uncanny Avengers, God Country, East of West, Wild Storm, Super Sons, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Mighty Thor. All of them were so fucking delightful. I wish comics were always this good, but I respect the craftsmanship it takes to bring them to this level.

The weakest book I've read today was easily Captain America #20. It's still a good book, but not fun to read and has spent too many issues wandering in the desert. The story has gotten lost in theme, in the need to "say something important" in every issue. Everything in this book feels plodding, inevitable, predictable. It needs balance, and I fear it won't find any in the lead-up to Secret Empire.

Everything else today has been so fucking good though, I really can't complain

The Wild Storm #2 was pretty great. Ellis is able to introduce so many players, so many unique sounding characters, so much information about the state of the world and not have it come across as an info dump. All this with cinematic pages with no speech bubbles thrown in.

John Davis-Hunt is doing such a brilliant job. I will have to track down Clean Room now.

Also - That bit from Ellis from his newsletter about numbering the spine on the comics to keep the collectors buying, it look's like he's doing that with the 1-24 strip on the front of each issue. The covers are so good.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #7 - #12 had so many cute moments! Loved how Moon Girl geeks out over how poised and in control Ms. Marvel is when we have seen Ms. Marvel do that exact same geeking out with others. I do think it's a shame no one knew how smart/hard working she was before the terrigen mist. Now they'll just say "Terrigen mist made her smart".

Looking forward to when this one hits trade, looks really good!

IS The Wildstorm in it's own continuity now btw? What does that mean for Midnighter? Or is it still in the DCU and just kind of doing it's own thing.

Pretty sure Wild Storm is its own continuity/world

God Country is one of the best books I'm reading right now. It gets better every issue.

Malyse

I'm two issues behind on everything and I wish it was three cause hot damn I love Riri.

----

God Country is really really good.

tim1138

Looking forward to when this one hits trade, looks really good!

IS The Wildstorm in it's own continuity now btw? What does that mean for Midnighter? Or is it still in the DCU and just kind of doing it's own thing.

The Wildstorm U exists on its own Earth in the Multiverse. Ellis has said there will be updated versions of Midnighter and Apollo coming, but he didn't want to take away from the work Orlando has done with them. In fact part of him coming back was contingent on nothing happening to Orlando's run with the characters.

The Wildstorm U exists on its own Earth in the Multiverse. Ellis has said there will be updated versions of Midnighter and Apollo coming, but he didn't want to take away from the work Orlando has done with them. In fact part of him coming back was contingent on nothing happening to Orlando's run with the characters.

That's cool to hear. I was reading the new Nightwing series last week and I realised they made reference to Midnighter, even though Wildstorm seems to have been split off again, so I wasn't sure what that meant exactly. Seems like it would of been a huge mistake to roll on what Orlando has done though, so it's nice to hear that will stay intact.

Top Bottom