• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Sandfox

I really liked Daredevil #18. Soule is giving us a really good explanation to explain everything that has changed with Matt since the Waid and Samnee run.

I'm sure Rucka has fanfic of that on his computer.

0zxkuak0i86x.gif

Many times have I heard the comment, "but comics are for kids" and I have argued strongly and at length against that sentiment. But sometimes, I read something like Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps #1 - #7 and wonder if they were right and I was wrong. -_-

We got Hal Jordan's origin explained 3 times in one trade

And it actually ends with an "only dreams now" meme.

mreddie

Ghost rider cancelled according to BC.

White male nerds win another one!

Seriously, fuck off. Who to blame?

Making a Robbie book one month after his AoS character was gone?
A 5 dollar issue 1?
Making the first storyline of the new run a team up and the first issue alone only shows Robbie for like the last 5 pages?
LIttle to no marketing of the book to take advantage of the AoS appearance?
Killing the book to make way for more one shots of an event I don't know if I have it in me to even go though.

The book was poorly written and even then I don't believe any Ghost Rider can carry a book anymore. Marvel just needs to put Robbie on a team.

The 2006 run ran though 3 years, likely helped by the 1st movie and Aaron writing the 2nd half of the run.

mreddie

think of all the Sejic issues of Aquaman you can buy with the money you're not spending on Secret Empire tie-ins

Aquaman who's doing the same MY KINGDOM IS IN TROUBLE shit since it started?

Fuck Aquaman. Namor is the shit.

Meanwhile, CLUELESS!

The comic book will be penned by Amber Benson (”Buffy the Vampire Slayer") and Sarah Kuhn (”Heroine Complex"). Artist Siobhan Keenan will illustrate the comic and Natacha Bustos will provide the cover art

Sandfox

The Flash tv show is making me dislike Barry more than Geoff Johns did.

White male nerds win another one!

Seriously, fuck off. Who to blame?

Making a Robbie book one month after his AoS character was gone?
A 5 dollar issue 1?
Making the first storyline of the new run a team up and the first issue alone only shows Robbie for like the last 5 pages?
LIttle to no marketing of the book to take advantage of the AoS appearance?
Killing the book to make way for more one shots of an event I don't know if I have it in me to even go though.

The 2006 run ran though 3 years, likely helped by the 1st movie and Aaron writing the 2nd half of the run.

The previous Robbie series struggled real bad as well and the common thread between the two is Felipe Smith. In the first run people didn't like how Robbie wasn't connected with the rest of the MU. In his first interview after the ANAD book he addressed that something as something he wanted to fix, but it looks like he went crazy with it.

I forgot that Jason Aaron wrote Ghost Rider. I think the market is different now though.

The Secret Empire one-shots are interesting because I think the six teasers released for Secret Empire correlate to one book each, but I need to see the next set to know.

mreddie

Yeah the new Aquaman story is basically ALIENS crossed with THE THING but with sea creatures.

Why does that sound good yet the first 2 issues of Rebirth Aquaman were boring?

The previous Robbie series struggled real bad as well and the common thread between the two is Felipe Smith. In the first run people didn't like how Robbie wasn't connected with the rest of the MU. In his first interview after the ANAD book he addressed that something as something he wanted to fix, but it looks like he went crazy with it.

I forgot that Jason Aaron wrote Ghost Rider. I think the market is different now though.

The Secret Empire one-shots are interesting because I think the six teasers released for Secret Empire correlate to one book each, but I need to see the next set to know.

Yet the first run was great because it was a personal story. You're telling me there was no Marvel RPG or fanfic stuff to introduce us to Robbie and that was why no one cared for ANGR?

Boogiepop

So, just got back from Logan, and yeah. That was good stuff. Waaaay better than The Wolverine (not surprising), and I'd even say noticeably better than the original Old Man Logan (not that that's a huge accomplishment, but I'd say it was good and one of the better examples of Millar, even if it's definitely plenty Millar-y). Quick question: was it a reference
to Gabby by having the woman be named Gabriella? If so, that's kind of a cool nod to something relatively recent.
Or is that something that's just a sort of happy coincidence?

Sandfox

Why does that sound good yet the first 2 issues of Rebirth Aquaman were boring?

Yet the first run was great because it was a personal story. You're telling me there was no Marvel RPG or fanfic stuff to introduce us to Robbie and that was why no one cared for ANGR?

Robbie is in the games, had the tv series, had a SW book, and was on the cover for Secret Love with the Kamala ship. Robbie just isn't able to carry an ongoing and I'm starting to question just how many characters(legacy in particular) actually can these days.

Also, in a previous post you mentioned that the book came out too late. IIRC Marvel wanted to have it out at the beginning of ANAD, but Felipe Smith's schedule prevented it.

#WellActually.... Not that I think the book is boring but Abnett writing gets way better with gorgeous art.
Lanning was co-writing those books with him.

Ross61

Robbie is in the games, had the tv series, had a SW book, and was on the cover for Secret Love with the Kamala ship. Robbie just isn't able to carry an ongoing and I'm starting to question just how many characters(legacy in particular) actually can these days.

Also, in a previous post you mentioned that the book came out too late. IIRC Marvel wanted to have it out at the beginning of ANAD, but Felipe Smith's schedule prevented it.

Lanning was co-writing those books with him.

I'm not talking about the Lanning co-written books......

So, just got back from Logan, and yeah. That was good stuff. Waaaay better than The Wolverine (not surprising), and I'd even say noticeably better than the original Old Man Logan (not that that's a huge accomplishment, but I'd say it was good and one of the better examples of Millar, even if it's definitely plenty Millar-y). Quick question: was it a reference
to Gabby by having the woman be named Gabriella? If so, that's kind of a cool nod to something relatively recent.
Or is that something that's just a sort of happy coincidence?
I'd take it as happy coincidence.

mreddie

Marvoo knows how market their shit outside books but when it comes to actual books, almost entirely WOM

Also read Ms Marvel: Good issue but people hate what Nakia didn't do in that issue.

Sandfox

Marvoo knows how market their shit outside books but when it comes to actual books, almost entirely WOM

Also read Ms Marvel: Good issue but people hate what Nakia didn't do in that issue.

It really depends on their expectations for the book from what I've seen.

caliph95

What do they hate about Nakia in the latest issue exactly that they didn't suddenly start scissoring.

Top Bottom