• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

All of the X-book marketing/promotion from Marvel is making me really want to read something. I might start New X-Men tonight.

I'm not particularly amped by Blue and Gold but I think it was that week long build up to the astonishing revenue that got me going, I reread OML and Extraordinary volume 1s in the last week.

Now x related but Rereading Vision vol 1 this evening. Fuck I love the dialogue in this book. The narration is perfectly framed and presented too, but some of the dialogue is to die for.

If they didn't colour them they'd be pretty cool but then I don't know if I'd want to buy a book with Jim Lee art on the front only to be met with current day Greg Land inside. Which would be a thing if this was weapon X...ugh I totally didn't get mixed up.
The only reason I'm excited for Weapon X is that if Greg Pak can do good action (which was all WWH was) and if Land can do the kinetic action that he did during Ewing's Mighty Avengers, then we're solid gold. I don't care if the book is just a change of energetic action sequences. That's all I'll need.
Especially when they're doing such awesome variants on that book!
Warpath got jacked
Wow, and Marvel haven't promoted it at all?

I'd read a book with this team.
All those are amazing, but uh, I guess Iceman really idolizes Beast:
6b1e63f9d3e74975a61f7ee161819877.jpg
Plus that's the X-Force look that I love.

Sandfox

I'm not particularly amped by Blue and Gold but I think it was that week long build up to the astonishing revenue that got me going, I reread OML and Extraordinary volume 1s in the last week.

Now x related but Rereading Vision vol 1 this evening. Fuck I love the dialogue in this book. The narration is perfectly framed and presented too, but some of the dialogue is to die for.
The previews and interviews have me amped for Blue and Gold. We'll see if they deliver, but they are saying and showing the right things for me.

I still need to read read Vision.

I feel the same. Astonishing is gonna be great. I can feel it in my bones. Though I still wish it was Laura instead of OML.

Hagi

You remind me that I never did get volume 2 of Vision, will need to get on that. The first volume was really good.

Speaking of X related reading I'm going to start Remenders Uncanny X-Force tomorrow. I really liked what I read when it was running but I fell off comics before finishing it so it's as good a time as any to start from the beginning and go straight through it.

The previews and interviews have me amped for Blue and Gold. We'll see if they deliver, but they are saying and showing the right things for me.

I still need to read read Vision.

I really like the premise of Blue and the art is great, it's just Bunn. He's basically the sticking point. It that he can't do good work, you just don't know which it'll be until he starts cranking it out. At least, I don't, I'm super up and down on him.

I'm sure I don't have to sell you on Vision, you'll have read it all before haha

I feel the same. Astonishing is gonna be great. I can feel it in my bones. Though I still wish it was Laura instead of OML.

Definitely. It's Astonishing and probably Weapon X I'm most interested in writer wise. Keeping a firm eye on Jean Grey too. It does seem like an omission leaving her out. It makes sense given her trajectory recently in the comics, letting Taylor work away building her life out, but less so considering the buzz off the back of Logan.

You remind me that I never did get volume 2 of Vision, will need to get on that. The first volume was really good.

Haha I'm in the same boat! I'm doing all these reread because I'm going to buy a batch of Marvel trades soon, Vision and vol 1 of Black Widow are in there!

Remender's X-Force was great from what I read of it, I haven't finished it either though. I think I stopped just before the Tocchinni arc.

Sandfox

I really like the premise of Blue and the art is great, it's just Bunn. He's basically the sticking point. It that he can't do good work, you just don't know which it'll be until he starts cranking it out. At least, I don't, I'm super up and down on him.

I'm sure I don't have to sell you on Vision, you'll have read it all before haha

Definitely. It's Astonishing and probably Weapon X I'm most interested in writer wise. Keeping a firm eye on Jean Grey too. It does seem like an omission leaving her out. It makes sense given her trajectory recently in the comics, letting Taylor work away building her life out, but less so considering the buzz off the back of Logan.

Haha I'm in the same boat! I'm doing all these reread because I'm going to buy a batch of Marvel trades soon, Vision and vol 1 of Black Widow are in there!

Remender's X-Force was great from what I read of it, I haven't finished it either though. I think I stopped just before the Tocchinni arc.
Hopeless has done a good job writing young Jean in the past and I find him to be good on team books so the Jean book would high if I were to rank them all.

Hopeless has done a good job writing young Jean in the past and I find him to be good on team books so the Jean book would high if I were to rank them all.

I'm honestly not super familiar with him, I haven't read any of the recent all new run he worked on, but I did really like Avengers... Arena? The battle royal type title.

You should check out his Spider-Woman run.

Yea I've thought about that. His stuff seemed like a good take on the character. I read Spider Gwen anyway and I think I have the Spider Women crossover up next on that front so I could pick up the spider-woman vol that came before that to go with. Did his run have a satisfying conclusion or was it a quick cut cancellation?

Nah he said recently he can do as he likes with that contract.

It's more than an issue apparently. I'd guess an arc. Good for them.

It's kind of odd that they would bother with a contract at all then. Or was it just an act of good will on Top Cow's part to give Sejic some security?

It's kind of odd that they would bother with a contract at all then. Or was it just an act of good will on Top Cow's part to give Sejic some security?

That and he and his wife are pretty much an imprint for them. Everyone likes each other.

Messi, if the Sejic trade is out around the time you're going to a con where they are I must request you to get one signed for me! I'll pay for it all.

Sandfox

Yea I've thought about that. His stuff seemed like a good take on the character. I read Spider Gwen anyway and I think I have the Spider Women crossover up next on that front so I could pick up the spider-woman vol that came before that to go with. Did his run have a satisfying conclusion or was it a quick cut cancellation?
The final issue hits later this month, but it seems like the book will get an actual conclusion.

The final issue hits later this month, but it seems like the book will get an actual conclusion.

Nice, that always goes a long way towards a series making it on my shelf, I like a nice run with a proper beginning and end. A hero having a baby and having to juggle that obligation is such fertile ground too.

Christ, uh, Gabriel Walta can really draw a dog, huh. Had forgot some of that.

Sandfox

According to Dan Slott, JMS originally wanted OMD to retcon everything after ASM 96 with Gwen Stacy coming back and it almost, but all the BND writers were allowed to veto it in favor of changing as little as possible.

Slott also explained why the marriage will never come back even if everyone working there were to be replaced. Apparently he had to fight just for RYV.

SOUND THE ALARM SEJIC HAS DONE AN AQUAMAN COVER

OH YEAH ALSO HE'S DOING THE INTERIORS

YEAH DC HAS SIGNED SEJIC IS THE THING
BOOM SHAKALAKA
Yeah, I think Soule is going to deliver.
No reason for me to believe otherwise. Haven't read anything he had control over that I've been disappointed in yet.
She's fine for now, but she's the one X-Man that I feel really needs to be on a team. And I mean am actual good team and not whatever soapy bullshit that Hopeless' All-New X-Men was. Like, an actual superhero team.
He's finally drawing good wholesome family friendly comics.
DC Rebirth: Making Seijic Great Again

According to Dan Slott, JMS originally wanted OMD to retcon everything after ASM 96 with Gwen Stacy coming back and it almost, but all the BND writers were allowed to veto it in favor of changing as little as possible.

Slott also explained why the marriage will never come back even if everyone working there were to be replaced. Apparently he had to fight just for RYV.
Haven't we known that for years? When the order came down to get rid of the marriage JMS thought they might as well change other things as well instead of just bringing Harry back(think it might've been part of a Cronin article?). I still think Quesada ended up writing all the OMD issues after the second one due to the sudden shift.

Sleep now!

Sandfox

Haven't we known that for years? When the order came down to get rid of the marriage JMS thought they might as well change other things as well instead of just bringing Harry back. I still think Quesada ended up writing all the OMD issues after the second one due to the sudden shift.

Sleep now!
We knew some things, but Slott provided more detail and elaborated on some things.

Thank God I already have this in multiple formats, because this baby is gonna be a pain in the ass to actually read. That said, of course I'm buying it.
Crap. It's called omnibus so it won't show up on CMX. I have the Last Collection in print. Would love collected digital. Now that stirmwatch showed up I guess this is my next white whale

Top Bottom