• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Hah I was sure Land was on one of the main books until I googled to check. I can't talk too much shit about Liefield he does his own thing. It's funny but even someone like him makes me want to really learn how to draw.

Liefeld is such a fucking eyesore, but I love the responses when a new pic shows up. The funny thing is, as I'm sure you can attest yourself, as a child in a small Scottish town, getting hold of American comics was pretty much a no go. Mostly I read via the marvel panini collections, pretty sure a few others in here did the same (also occurs to me now that could be why I vastly prefer trade...). However, one local newsagent did religiously stock EVERY extreme studios title. And I mean them all. No idea why, but as a result I have full collections of Youngblood, Bloodstrike, Brigade, Supreme, Chapel, even an issue of Troll etc in my loft haha. Many of the books I read as a kid were either written by Liefeld, or Eric Stephenson of all people. Imagine my surprise when I discovered actual quality comics later...

All that to say.... I feel completely comfortable talking shit on him XD

Hagi

Liefeld is such a fucking eyesore, but I love the responses when a new pic shows up. The funny thing is, as I'm sure you can attest yourself, as a child in a small Scottish town, getting hold of American comics was pretty much a no go. Mostly I read via the marvel panini collections, pretty sure a few others in here did the same (also occurs to me now that could be why I vastly prefer trade...). However, one local newsagent did religiously stock EVERY extreme studios title. And I mean them all. No idea why, but as a result I have full collections of Youngblood, Bloodstrike, Brigade, Supreme, Chapel, even an issue of Troll etc in my loft haha. Many of the books I read as a kid were either written by Liefeld, or Eric Stephenson of all people. Imagine my surprise when I discovered actual quality comics later...

All that to say.... I feel completely comfortable talking shit on him XD

Hah I was probably lucky in that regard as my intro to comics was through the Jim Lee era of X-men which my dad would order in at Menzies, I've still got all of them under my bed in a folder with those awesome trading cards that came with them. Can't say if I've got Wolverine at the BBQ, I'll have to check.

I only really know of Liefield through the internet so that's kind of made his art charming to me. I have no idea how he got away with half the shit he put out but I can see why he's be popular in the questionable nineties lol

Hah I was probably lucky in that regard as my intro to comics was through the Jim Lee era of X-men which my dad would order in at Menzies, I've still got all of them under my bed in a folder with those awesome trading cards that came with them.

Menzies! Thats awesome, I would get the panini comics there. It was a random RS McColl that had the extreme studios books, not sure if that's a country wide franchise or just over our side. I like when it turns out these experiences overlap though.

We should do a ComicGAF podcast

You should message psychbat and Roman, I know they both really want to do one, they were discussing it as recently as last week!

Hagi

Hmm I should check and see if I have a copy I remember for a time we kept stealing and wearing your Olivia avatars for a while.

Messi

Hmm I should check and see if I have a copy I remember for a time we kept stealing and wearing your Olivia avatars for a while.

You trying to be me m8. I will stab you.

Main titles cover

TGL2sbU.png

Tie in cover featuring Zombine and freezas best avatars

COMIC GAF: CIVIL WAR #1 (of 12)
RAFA & LIONEL MANDRAKE (W) • KIPP (A/C)
VARIANT COVERS BY AMANDA CONNER, GREG LAND, FRANK QUITELY, JOHN CASSADAY
BISH.GIF VARIANT COVER BY THE OT
• THE VOTES ARE IN!
• THE SHOCKING FATE OF MESSI! HARLEY FAN NO MORE?
• KORUPTDATA MAKES A SHOCKING DECISION!
• WHEN THE DUST SETTLES.....COMIC GAF WILL NEVER BE THE SAME (AGAIN!)
• CAPS!
32 PGS/Rated LEWD....$4.99

CIVIL WAR: FRONT PAGE #1 (of 8)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY KIPP
• "All I wanted was to talk comics."
• WHAT IS PROJECT D.I.S.C.U.S.S.I.O.N.?
• HOW DOES IT RELATE TO GEKETTER, THE CHARACTER FIND OF 2014?
• AND HOW WILL IT ROCK COMICGAF TO ITS CORE?
• PLUS: SPIKE ANSWERS HIS CRITICS (AND HE'S NOT HAPPY!)
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....$4.99

'MAZING MESSI #997 (W)
ANN NOCENTI (W) • AMANDA CONNER (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY FRANK QUITELY
"LEWD LOVE" PART ONE - A COMICGAF CIVIL WAR CHAPTER
• 10% OF COMICGAF, BUT 90% OF OUR HEARTS
• HE VOTES FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN
• BUT CAN HE CHOOSE BETWEEN THE COMICS HE LOVES AND THE STATUES HE DESIRES?
• AND WHAT WILL HE DO....WITH ONE MORE MISTAH J?
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....Drawing the Line at $2.99

yaQhCx9.png

eqynuHX.png

That's all I have from it. Lol

ElNarez

Banned
I feel like the last few issues have had too much backstory and not enough forward progression.

I'm okay with it because it's way less about the plot to me and more about the characters and the dedication put to all the jokes. It's craftsmanlike in the way it sees a joke through in a way I really respect.

ElNarez

Banned
Hope so because I'm close to dropping it

I'm gonna spoil it that way you can know if you're still in or not.
The whole issue is about the Sex Police. And it's done in the style of Brubaker and Philips, down to the vandalized "CRIMINAL" title splash. It's the whole issue. It's amazing.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm gonna spoil it that way you can know if you're still in or not.
The whole issue is about the Sex Police. And it's done in the style of Brubaker and Philips, down to the vandalized "CRIMINAL" title splash. It's the whole issue. It's amazing.
Hmm. Sounds alright

Sandfox

All of the X-book marketing/promotion from Marvel is making me really want to read something. I might start New X-Men tonight.

Top Bottom