• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

The original plan for Omega was for it to be seven issues, but it sounds like issue #5 is now the last. From what I've read, the final two issues will still be released by they won't be under the "Omega" label.

Makes no difference to me, other than I foresee some additional delays in their release. It will be worth the wait.

When I was checking wikipedia to find info on the last trade the last two issues will be labeled "Alpha".

It also has a story featuring Riddler, back when he was reformed. Speaking of which I much liked it when Ivy, Harley and Riddler were 'good guys' befor the reboot.

Isn't Ivy good now? Or at least an anti-hero. I don't read Suicide Squad but I think Harley is still looney? Did Riddler even appear in 52 yet?

Isn't Ivy good now? Or at least an anti-hero. I don't read Suicide Squad but I think Harley is still looney? Did Riddler even appear in 52 yet?

He was in the first issue of Batman by Scott Synder and Greg Capuliio and he has a part in the recent Batman Death of the Family arc.

Poison Ivy was also a fairly frequent guest in the Harley Quinn solo series from some years back; the one by Kesel, with artwork by the Dodsons. That series was a lot of fun, with Harley breaking away from Joker and having her own gang of goons, moving to Metropolis for a time and getting into all sort of mischief.

EDIT: This one.

ATxLZX9.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401216579/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Morning Glories is way closer to Lost than Locke and Key.

Both are awesome!

Ugh. I don't even know what to think about Morning Gkories at this point. It's way too far in for us to have so few answers. I like the characters and the art, but the story is a fucking mess. You're right! It is just like Lost!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to get the hardcover for TMNT but I found out it has the same amount of issues as the first tpb so I'll just buy the paperbacks.

I wanted to get the hardcover for TMNT but I found out it has the same amount of issues as the first tpb so I'll just buy the paperbacks.

Yeah, that was a ridiculous move by IDW, I thought. Despite the fact that the hardcover version had some bonus material in the way of sketches and whatnot, charging $50 for a fucking 192-page hardcover is ludicrous. Let me tell you something about IDW - they're a bunch of entitled shit-cunts.

Owzers

I started reading Fables #125...I have no desire to read this arc. Stopped ordering Fables after 129 but that's 5 whole issues to get through.

Tizoc

Yeah, that was a ridiculous move by IDW, I thought. Despite the fact that the hardcover version had some bonus material in the way of sketches and whatnot, charging $50 for a fucking 192-page hardcover is ludicrous. Let me tell you something about IDW - they're a bunch of entitled shit-cunts.

Eh IDW has some of my fav. books/series atm, but their regular TPBs cost $15-20, and tend to collect like 5 issues on average.

For that matter, who do I gotta e-mail for a Transformers Spotlight TPB collecting Orion Pax, Hoist, Trailcutter/Trailbreaker & Transformers 23 and 24?
Cuz I don't want to get Chaos Theory despite how much I want to have TF #23 and 24 in a TPB >_<.

Nudull

Banned
There's a Generation Hope/Young X-Men sale going on Comixology, and I already spent my last bit of change on Subatomic Party Girls. Crap. :/

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So my fiance has somewhat of a ladycrush on Poison Ivy, seeing that she controls plants and is a redhead. I have
Hush
already, what else can I buy that has a lot of Poison Ivy? I know there's a Harley/Ivy trade, but I didn't see it at my local shop. Other suggestions?

Try out Gotham City Sirens. It was a team-up series with Poison Ivy, Catwoman and Harley Quinn. There are 3 trades I think. I read the first two and they were fun enough.

Tizoc

Try out Gotham City Sirens. It was a team-up series with Poison Ivy, Catwoman and Harley Quinn. There are 3 trades I think. I read the first two and they were fun enough.

Damn I totally forgot about this book! I really enjoyed it at the time. It and Streets of Gotham.

Generation Hope, best teen book written by Gillen, is on sale on Comixology. Also Young X-Men, which was pretty decent after the first arc. Get them, X fans!

Mafro

Generation Hope, best teen book written by Gillen, is on sale on Comixology. Also Young X-Men, which was pretty decent after the first arc. Get them, X fans!
Annoyingly I missed the Secret Avengers sale over the weekend, I only had access on Friday night and the store hadn't updated the prices yet. Shame as I was going to get all the Warren Ellis issues.

Speaking of Warren Ellis, just noticed the Planetary Omnibus hardcover rerelease is up for preorder on Amazon UK for £35. Definitely getting that.

I'm working on the June OT this week and will TRY to have it up for the weekend... I have relatives visiting on their summer vacation, so we'll see how that works out. So, if anyone has an idea for a "Bullhorn" segment for June, I'd love to hear about it; just send me a PM with a brief description.

Also, I haven't fully decided yet but I may (repeat, MAY) take off from making the July OT, because everyone could use a break now and then. I should have my mind made up in the next few weeks.

Comixology needs to do an Atomic Robo and/or Jonah Hex sale next~

Indeed. I'd love to get all my Jonah Hex comics back in digital form

Speaking of Comixology i've been such an idiot! Turns out i've been paying tax through itunes/ipad app buying comics when i could just buy from their site that had no tax. When i did that there was no tax and it syncs to the ipad instantly for download.

Wool

Also, I haven't fully decided yet but I may (repeat, MAY) take off from making the July OT, because everyone could use a break now and then. I should have my mind made up in the next few weeks.

pta-disband.gif

I can't make up my mind whether to subscribe to the Brian Wood X-Men starting next week, or just wait to hear if it's good and get the trades. The art looks great. Damn Marvel and their $4.00 comics...

kswiston

Decent sized week this week for me:

- Justice League of America #4
- Captain America #7
- Indestructible Hulk #8
- New Avengers #6
- Uncanny X-Force #5
- Wolverine and the X-Men #30
- X-Men #1

- I am thinking of dropping Hulk though. I typically like Waid's writing, but this book hasn't been doing it for me.

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.

Light week? Lolno, Annuals. :(

Adventures Of Superman #1
Batman The Dark Knight Annual #1
Catwoman Annual #1
Constantine #2
Earth 2 Annual #1
Justice League Of America #4
Red Hood And The Outlaws Annual #1

Decent week for me.

Last of Us: American Dreams #2
Wake #1
TMNT Ongoing #22
Chew #34
Elephantmen #48
Morning Glories #27 ($3.99, now? Fuck. Might need to drop)
Uncanny X-Force #5
X-Men #1

Acid08

Banned
Decent week for me.

Last of Us: American Dreams #2
Wake #1
TMNT Ongoing #22
Chew #34
Elephantmen #48
Morning Glories #27 ($3.99, now? Fuck. Might need to drop)
Uncanny X-Force #5
X-Men #1
Morning Glories is double sized, probably where the price increase comes in.

Chew week!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom