• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.. I wasn't sure since the issue numbers reset to #1 for each different subtitle.

It's because each story arc is numbered as an individual mini-series. So for example, you'll have Locke & Key: Head Games #1-6, despite that it's actually the seventh through twelvth issues of the series as a whole. Despite this, the story is continuous throughout.

ReiGun

Thank you! For the older stuff would I find it on DC's website under digital comics or is there another place I should look? Flash is a character I'm definitely interested in.

DC's site is good. You can also check comixology, since that's what DC uses for digital sales anyway. They even have these nifty Character 101's you can read for free that tell you some basics and suggest a few stories.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Miguel Sepulveda ruined Talon for me. Go draw Morbuis please.

Man there are so many great comics out there. I just want to buy everything.

The shop near my parents' house didn't have any copies of it so I might have dodged a bullet.

For me I always find new comics I want to try. I have so many on my Amazon wishlist.

Owzers

I haven't read my vol 4 Locke and Key trade yet...perhaps i'm waiting until i buy vol 5 so i can just read them both.

Catching up on Buffy Season 9 right now, issues 14 and 15 were a two parter around Billy the vampire slayer. It was decent if not a little...overly simple? And
transitioning to Buffy being involved just to close out the final page of 15 was awkward.
I'm not thinking much of this season overall, unless the next season has a STRONG premise and creative team i'm probably done despite liking the Buffy/Angel tv show.

Acid08

Banned
I'm hoping it's an issue of Nick Pitarra being on the slow side and not Hickman prioritizing the 50 books he decided to start this year over MP.
Well I'd imagine Infinity is taking priority since its earning him the big bucks.

He has said that MP is his favorite book to write though so I'm sure it's not because he wants to. That work load for Marvel though.

JEKKI

It's not even a slow burner...just progressively gets better and better as the series goes on. These past few issues have been top tier.
at this point I swear Locke n Key is like manga like Naruto or Bleach or One Piece.

like in Locke n Key they're like o shyt we got the magic computer virus key gonna fukk yallz up

then u read Naruto and it's like nah mang we got that rasengan we gonna fukk up!!

then back to Locke n Key where they're like well actually now we got a grand smal touchdown key what now!!

then u go back to manga and it's like BANKAI!! 3rd Gear!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
at this point I swear Locke n Key is like manga like Naruto or Bleach or One Piece.

like in Locke n Key they're like o shyt we got the magic computer virus key gonna fukk yallz up

then u read Naruto and it's like nah mang we got that rasengan we gonna fukk up!!

then back to Locke n Key where they're like well actually now we got a grand smal touchdown key what now!!

...I'm sorry, what? I'm not seeing those parallels at all.

Bigfoot

I can't read Locke and Key brahs. He writes too much like his dad and he burned me way too many times.

It's not even a slow burner...just progressively gets better and better as the series goes on. These past few issues have been top tier.

I've been holding back on buying more Locke & Key (got Volume 1) as I know it is ending soon and I'm waiting to hear if he pulls off the ending before buying the rest. There is nothing worse than loving a series only to have the ending ruin it all (ie LOST and Dark Tower).

I've been holding back on buying more Locke & Key (got Volume 1) as I know it is ending soon and I'm waiting to hear if he pulls off the ending before buying the rest. There is nothing worse than loving a series only to have the ending ruin it all (ie LOST and Dark Tower).

It's funny that you say that because I got such a huge Lost vibe from reading it. I've only read the first three volumes, though.

Wool

All of the X-Men books are supposed to be in the same universe at the same time right? How is Wolverine in Savage Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Wolverine?

Also, does anyone read Uncanny X-Force or Cable and the X-Force? I am confused what the difference is between X-Force books and X-Men books. Is X-Force supposed to be more action oriented?

It seems like you could easily be spending $50 a month just on X-books...

Tizoc

Awesome! Still need to get that Showcase Presents trade, somehow.

Showcase Booster Gold? I have that book~

Thank you! For the older stuff would I find it on DC's website under digital comics or is there another place I should look? Flash is a character I'm definitely interested in.

Digitally-wise check Comixology, for trades there's Amazon.com and another site for the US whose name I keep forgetting XP.

The authors I listed for Flash wrote the best Flash stories so def. check them out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All of the X-Men books are supposed to be in the same universe at the same time right? How is Wolverine in Savage Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Wolverine?

Also, does anyone read Uncanny X-Force or Cable and the X-Force? I am confused what the difference is between X-Force books and X-Men books. Is X-Force supposed to be more action oriented?

It seems like you could easily be spending $50 a month just on X-books...

They aren't necessarily at the same time.

I understand none of this. None.

Do you like it or not?

Hagi

I understand none of this. None.

Do you like it or not?

Just a guess but i think he/she thinks the level of escalation is comparable to shonen manga.

I too picked up the first two volumes of Locke and Key, so bloody good. Bode is awesome. Also picked up The Strange Talent of Luthor Strode which i enjoyed very much. Very much like Kickass except it's not shit.

Owzers

It seems like i'm the only person here openly reading Buffy/Angel & Faith. I finished the last Buffy season 9 arc now and it wasn't very good, this whole season is a hodgepodge of ideas, and each one has a weak unresolved arc.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The main difference between something like Locke and Key is that every single bit of info you get in Locke and Key pays off down the line. Lost introduced a bunch of concepts all over the place, which got people to wildly speculate about all sorts of things but a lot of those things never got a satisfying resolution.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone ever had issues buying something on Comixology and it not appearing? I changed my email associated with my iPad and then tried buying both Vol 3 and 4 of Locke & Key. I was charged on my card but it still doesn't switch to Read underneath those comics and they don't appear in my account on Comixology's website either.

The original plan for Omega was for it to be seven issues, but it sounds like issue #5 is now the last. From what I've read, the final two issues will still be released by they won't be under the "Omega" label.

Makes no difference to me, other than I foresee some additional delays in their release. It will be worth the wait.

Tizoc

So my fiance has somewhat of a ladycrush on Poison Ivy, seeing that she controls plants and is a redhead. I have
Hush
already, what else can I buy that has a lot of Poison Ivy? I know there's a Harley/Ivy trade, but I didn't see it at my local shop. Other suggestions?

Heh well I found out that there's a story featuring Poison Ivy in Batman: Detective written by Paul Dini.
There's a page of a practically naked Poison Ivy in it:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401212395/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It also has a story featuring Riddler, back when he was reformed. Speaking of which I much liked it when Ivy, Harley and Riddler were 'good guys' befor the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom