• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

That would be such bullshit and would just ruin the book entirely. We can never have nice things for long can we?
I wouldn't say ruined but it would sure be a big bummer.
But how the fuck does he survive that though? And welp for JLU Epilogue :(

Messi

Bring Miles-Man into the 616 and nuke the ultimate universe from orbit. It's a shit show now. I'm sorry Spiderwoman I must let you go.

Zombine

Banned
I want a book titled All-New Spiderman featuring Kitty Pride because that makes just as much sense as making Miles an X-Man.

Parch

Bring Miles-Man into the 616 and nuke the ultimate universe from orbit. It's a shit show now.
Yup. The new books don't look good at all. They should have scuttled that ship after Cataclysm.

Not sure Miles in the X-books is the right move either. Are they going to try crossovers with the spider-books now? I'm sensing some horrid X + Spider event in the future. Blech.

I actually like the costumes and colors too. Let's be serious, the general x-men costumes normally aren't that inspired anyways.

The old costumes aren't bad, but they're pretty generic and we've just been seeing them for so many years. It was time for something (All-) New.

I'm sorry. :(

ComicGAF what should I read next, Locke&Key, Daytrippers or Y: The Last Man?

oh man, so many good books. They're all amazing, but I'd read L&K first. Y is pretty long, so I'd save that for last.

My Miles X Jean fanfiction can become a reality now.

Miles is going to be the youngest cuckold ever when older Scott decides he wants a crack at her. She seemed totally down for it in that issue of All-New. So creeped out.

How does everyone rate the current X-Men books? Thinking about dropping Brian Wood's but wouldn't mind trying another one.

I love them. But I'm a big X-men fan. I'd put them at All-New X-Men > Uncanny X-Men > Wolverine & The X-Men (post-Aaron) >> Amazing X-Men >>>>>>>>>>> X-men (Brian Wood).

Brian Wood's series is just so horribly mediocre. The first arc was solid, so give that a read if you like, but it just got so boring after that.

I just completed Batman Inc. Did not really like it at all. Which brings me to Grant Morrisons run as a whole. There is moments of real genius that will stick with me forever. Those moments will be character defining. But as a whole, this run will not be considered MY favorite run and in MY opinion not the character defining run that some think it is. It just didnt speak to me as a whole.

Honestly, I dont think one writer has ever had a "best" run on Batman yet. Thats why he such an awesome character, he is a hard character to perfect.

Zombine

Banned
You are assuming alot here. We don't know how it's going to work right now.

Yeah I know. The reality of it is that it's just a fun little crossover. I'm just a bit tired of "Bendisworld" where he tries to make all his books one thing. Miles will stick around for a bit, it'll be fun, and then it'll be over. I would just like Bendis to wrap up some loose ends that aren't put on the back burner for some filler.

Guy's X-Books sort of read like an American Soap Opera. You can drop it for a few issues and pick it up randomly and still know what's going on.

I didn't even think Wood's first arc was that good, to be honest. It leaned too heavily on Morrison to establish an interesting antagonist and Jubilee was the only character who was written well. Jubilee. Everyone else was boring from issue one.

kswiston

The showrunner? cool i think

Guggenheim has written a bunch of stuff for DC and Marvel in the Past. He was one of the 4 Brand New Day writers, and was the Wolverine writer during the Civil War tie in where Wolverine regenerates from a skeleton.

Messi

Wouldn't bother me as i'd still have 3 good X books while you would have 0 good Selina books because Nocenti is never letting that go. :p

hmm could be interesting, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

The showrunner? cool i think

Oh fuck, that actually hurt

Hagi

Oh fuck, that actually hurt

tumblr_n444x3jnh91rdutw3o1_400.gif

Some folks are crazy salty about the excellence that is Miles.

I don't think he should be in 616, but it's probably some Spider-Verse crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom