• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arc with Madrox and sirens baby was so good

I haven't read the last 20 issues or so, but it was a fairly consistently strong title. Just goes to show the quality of Peter David and how the team consists of interesting characters. Madrox and Layla are two of my favourite characters.

Oh and that arc was heartbreaking tbh

He's got a suit with force fields, who is to say
it's not a hologram of his head and Terry's still in the cave controlling it by remote
?

I just don't want
him to go out like this, Terry deserves better. He deserves a whole lot better.
They got me wanting to digital download to find out what happens. I remember when ghe new 52 was announced and we were going to get Beyond titles. I wassuper excited. Then it got delayed, but we were foing to get MORE Beyond titles. Needless to say, I am obsessed with the Beyond universe. Just don't go all Injustice..... DC Collectibles give me abeyond figures please......

VeeP

Batman Beyond 2.0 Spoilers
No way Terry dies. What, are we suppose to believe that the future version of him we see in Epilogue is fake Terry?

Epilogue being the final episode of Justice League.

Batman Beyond 2.0 Spoilers
No way Terry dies. What, are we suppose to believe that the future version of him we see in Epilogue is fake Terry?

Different Earth. The Terry in Future's End is from the Future of Earth Prime. The Terry of Batman Beyond is the Terry of the Future of the DCAU Earth.

Also, if
Spiderman Doc Ok was Spock, is Joker Gang Terry, Jerry
?

VeeP

Different Earth. The Terry in Future's End is from the Future of Earth Prime. The Terry of Batman Beyond is the Terry of the Future of the DCAU Earth.

Also, if
Spiderman Doc Ok was Spock, is Joker Gang Terry, Jerry
?

I think you misunderstood.
In Justice League, in the final episode. Theres a flash forward episode many years in the future. Terry is a grown man, bruce is extremely old. Terry is planning on marrying Dana, etc. The episode is called Epilogue.

I think you misunderstood.
In Justice League, in the final episode. Theres a flash forward episode many years in the future. Terry is a grown man, bruce is extremely old. Terry is planning on marrying Dana, etc. The episode is called Epilogue.

Oh, you're right. I did misunderstand.

Either you're right and it's
somehow a fake out or it's a continuity shift/slip.

Zombine

Banned
List of Extreme Disappointment and Sadness

Marvel

Inhuman #2
Ms Marvel #4

On the DC end any book I want to read like Red Lanterns is in too deep for me to pick it up without catching up first.

List of Extreme Disappointment and Sadness

Marvel

Inhuman #2
Ms Marvel #4

On the DC end any book I want to read like Red Lanterns is in too deep for me to pick it up without catching up first.

Lies. Guy Gardners mustache will welcome you in, at any issue, without prejudice.

Honestly you could pull the trigger on it and catch up easily enough. If you wanted to go back you'd only have to go back to #28 or #29. They are sort of into a new arc where they are
racing against Atrocitous to find new recruits first.

Zombine

Banned
If that is all then it is a good week for Marvel! Actually, I'm just being negative; their offerings havent been too bad of late.

I spent $120 the past two weeks just on books(not including IST shipments.) it just doesn't feel natural walking in and having an $8 day.

Lies. Guy Gardners mustache will welcome you in, at any issue, without prejudice.

Honestly you could pull the trigger on it and catch up easily enough. They are sort of into a new arc where they are
racing against Atrocitous to find new recruits first.

Nice! I was hoping for some feedback! I'll definitely pick it up. I'm going to start Batman again once Zero Year is resolved.

Oh! I also just realized I have to get those floppies for Detective comics. Maybe this week isn't as shit as I thought.

The List 500. Brought to you from Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

BATMAN #31 (ZERO YEAR) $3.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #8 $2.99
FLASH #31 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #4 (WEEKLY) $2.99
NIGHTWING #30 (EVIL) (NOTE PRICE) $3.99
RED LANTERNS #31 $2.99
SUICIDE SQUAD #30 (EVIL) $3.99
SUPERMAN #31 (DOOMED) $2.99
DEADLY CLASS #5 (MR) $3.50
SHELTERED #9 $2.99
ALL NEW INVADERS #5 $3.99
FANTASTIC FOUR #5 $4.99
MS MARVEL #4 $2.99
UNCANNY AVENGERS #20 $3.99

Red Lanterns may secretly be my favorite book right now. It's just such stupid fun while also dealing with heavy issues. And seriously, who'd have thought, that in 2014 Zilius Zox and Skallox would be one of my favorite duos.

Zombine

Banned
Korupt's list wins the week. That's some dedication right there.

Edit: I love the Vertigo advertisements for the second arc of Coffin Hill. Book started off well enough and then fell apart after issue #2. It was like Kittridge just watch American Horror Story Asylum and figured that nobody would notice if she aped the doctor character. Sorry Vertigo, not excited.

The thought of that terrifies me. Between comics, games, my various subs, my gym membership, and bills I have no idea how I'm not on food stamps.

I'm pretty lucky that most of my hobby stuff (Heroclix, Star Trek Attack Wing, etc) I'm able to get at cost. I'm also a bit more frugal with my games lately (Don't ask me how many hours I've put into Crusader Kings 2, the dollar to time value is pretty insane). All of this allows me to justify my current comic budget.

Messi

Meh list of Catwoman & bankruptcy

Furious #5
Serenity #5
Batman #31
Batman Eternal #8
Catwoman #31
Secret Origins #2
Suicide Squad #30
Superman #31
COWL #1
Chew/Revival #1
Dead Body Road #6
Deadly Class #5
Southern Bastards #2
Deadpool #29
Ms Marvel #4
Winter Soldier Bitter March #4

Catwoman TP vol 4: Gotham Underground
Trial of Jean Grey prem HC

Fuck me sideways. I'm going broke.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Furious #5
Serenity #5
Batman #31
Batman Eternal #8
Catwoman #31
Secret Origins #2
Suicide Squad #30
Superman #31
COWL #1
Chew/Revival #1
Dead Body Road #6
Deadly Class #5
Southern Bastards #2
Deadpool #29
Ms Marvel #4
Winter Soldier Bitter March #4

Trial of Jean Grey prem HC

Fuck me sideways. I'm going broke.

Drop the mediocre and average books to save you money.

blog-one-pic.png

WHY

Zombine

Banned
I'm pretty lucky that most of my hobby stuff (Heroclix, Star Trek Attack Wing, etc) I'm able to get at cost. I'm also a bit more frugal with my games lately (Don't ask me how many hours I've put into Crusader Kings 2, the dollar to time value is pretty insane). All of this allows me to justify my current comic budget.

I used to be a Heroclix NUT back around 05-07. I only stopped due to the constant retiring of sets. I just recently found all my old ones and they brought back a ton of memories. Just recently I went on the site to see what was new and I was blown away by how the sculpts
Look now.

I used to be a Heroclix NUT back around 05-07. I only stopped due to the constant retiring of sets. I just recently found all my old ones and they brought back a ton of memories. Just recently I went on the site to see what was new and I was blown away by how the sculpts
Look now.

Any good venue does part Modern (current figures) and part Silver Age formats which allow you to use any figure.

I used to get everything but I've recently stopped getting Marvel sets.

But yeah the sculpts are getting real good.

Messi

There is a special circle of Hell for Nocenti double dippers.

I read the first volume again a few days ago. It's much better than I remember it being. I suppose it seems alot better vs what we are currently getting. The art is much closer to a style that I like. It's a shame dc didn't let that team stay on it.

I read the first volume again a few days ago. It's much better than I remember it being. I suppose it seems alot better vs what we are currently getting. The art is much closer to a style that I like. It's a shame dc didn't let that team stay on it.

Everyone was too focused on getting up in arms about her butt or something to worry about the quality of the run.

And I'm pretty sure the writer left as opposed to being the pushed out.

I'm seeing a few lists with Secret Origins still on it. Did you guys like the first? I think I enjoyed it more than I expected too, personally, especially the Superman one.

Messi

I'm seeing a few lists with Secret Origins still on it. Did you guys like the first? I think I enjoyed it more than I expected too, personally, especially the Superman one.

Yeah I did too. I am in until Conners Harley Quinn at the very least.

I just finished reading Power Girl Power Trip again and I want more Pee Gee but I feel I may be out of luck. I want more of this Power Girl not the super serious one.

Yeah I did too. I am in until Conners Harley Quinn at the very least.

I just finished reading Power Girl Power Trip again and I want more Pee Gee but I feel I may be out of luck. I want more of this Power Girl not the super serious one.

There is more to that series. Just a different writer/artist team. It goes up to issue #27. It's not the same but it's still pretty good.

I did not know that.

Edit : oh wow its Judd Winick who did the first two volumes of new 52 Catwoman.

Judd Winick and Sami Basri. It ties, very loosely to JLI: Generation Lost, which she was a part of, at the time.

Haha. Oh man. I remember the first issue of their run now. That cover tagline: "New Team More Power". I was so pissed at the creative change. Bitched about the art style and yet came to love it.

I know a one two punch.
happiness for the first time in a long time and them wham that bombshell

Fiona Staples art was on point in this issue. Biis pictures make it look even better. Those colours.

Those backgrounds.

That really remains my biggest complaint. She is like Jae Lee in that. Everywhere is blue sky and nothing on the horizon.

this still makes me sad. hope it doesnt happen

I was trying to make Messi sad face more than anything.

Messi

Those backgrounds.

That really remains my biggest complaint. She is like Jae Lee in that. Everywhere is blue sky and nothing on the horizon.

I don't even notice it. Thankfully it doesn't bother me.

Edit : How is that Black Cat series Amanda Conner was involved with? It only lasted 4 issues so I suppose that answers my question.

Why is the Terra miniseries not on Comixology even. Why are dc making this so hard to get. :(

Owzers

Original Sin is really disappointing so far through the first two issues. The murder investigation reminds me of playing hide-and-seek with Hope in AvX as a standard for wasting pages, i question if this event was ever meant to be a good story or if its just another means to an end continuity-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom