• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yup. I steadily lost interest after the conclusion of the Adversary arc. Still was good for a really long time. Those James Jean covers...

Levitz is off the Earth 2 weekly. World's afinest will now be about the adventures of Earth 2 Superman and abruce Wayne. Moon Knight volume two will start a month after Warren Ellis quit.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
holy fuck that five years later titans lineup so crayyyy

Not going to lie outside of WW i try to avoid DC but that lineup has some real potential of getting added to my buy list.

Also Maybe Miles is showing up in all new X-Men because marvel finally realized he was the only part worth salvaging from the Ultimate Universe. They've killed everybody else off
(except maybe Doom)

However:

Miles
Scarlet Spider
Spiderman 2099
Amazing Spider Man

are a lot of spidermen for just the 616 though....

GAMEPROFF

Banned
After seeing Days of Future Past yesterday (Loved the movie. IMO the best Non-Marvel Studios Marvel Movie), I decided to catch up with All New X-Men and read though the Volume 3 and Battle of the Atom. Damn, this book is an awful clusterfuck o_O

I am tempted to drop the book, I am just curious how Bendis explain the end the return of the original X-Men.

Is Amazing X-Men good? I am very interested in the Book, especially because of Nightcrawler...

kswiston

After seeing Days of Future Past yesterday (Loved the movie. IMO the best Non-Marvel Studios Marvel Movie), I decided to catch up with All New X-Men and read though the Volume 3 and Battle of the Atom. Damn, this book is an awful clusterfuck o_O

I am tempted to drop the book, I am just curious how Bendis explain the end the return of the original X-Men.

Is Amazing X-Men good? I am very interested in the Book, especially because of Nightcrawler...

If you are not enjoying the book already, cut your losses, because Bendis will drag this out for a long time.

Hagi

Finally had time to read Original Sin #2 and still enjoying it. Nice to be getting more OG Fury. Feel like I missed something though
The third person with the walking eye and the dominatrix was another Ben? Like that was clearly Ben..

Noghtcrawler just got his own series brah, Amazing X Men just read first trade. It's now being taken over by Yost and Kyle, yhe two hacks who I believe are rewriting Ant Man. Nightcrawler has two issues and is good simple comic fun.

Lagoon Boy Lagoon Boy Lagoon Boy. I remember before the Young Justice toy line was cancelled he was going to have a figure. Dont let me down DC Collectibles....

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any rumors to who will be replacing Ellis on Moon Knight if it doesn't get canceled? I will most likely drop the series.

alright why'd no one tell me that Giannis Milogiannis was drawing an issue of All New Ultimates in August. That book will actually look awesome (for once)

Messi

I read the first issue of Zatanna by Paul Dini. I am in love.

How is Bloodspell by the way. I know some of you bought it.

i read a few comics

Bee & Puppycat - very fun, on board still

Ghost Rider - well it still looks good, still on board for the rest of the arc, after which i'm tradewaitin'

Southern Bastards - pretty good. Latour draws good. My main takeaway was that i could really use some good BBQ right now, and i rarely crave BBQ. so good job Jason Aaron

tim1138

I read the first issue of Zatanna by Paul Dini. I am in love.

How is Bloodspell by the way. I know some of you bought it.

Just a heads up, there are a couple of non Dini issues that are just ok. I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of the whole series.
Rafa seemed to really enjoy Bloodspell, he talked about it a few pages back. I'm waiting for my copy to come from IST.

Owzers

did you ever read Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron ? That's the better book out of all the recent x-men books. I thought Amazing was fairly bad, but if you love Nightcrawler you might want to read it anyways.

Owzers

Walking Dead #127: I found this issue....very interesting and did break up the monotony of All Out War.
We are two time jumps away from King Carl inheriting the earth. But now we have teen Carl....which is the worst carl i assume. And freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee negan. Let him out. Why does Carl still want to kill him, that's a huge grudge. I hope when Negan gets out he's not reduced to the bad guy role. And why didn't they devise a way to kill a herd instead of steer it? If you can control where the herd goes, surely you can build a trap to burn them all or something? That seemed creatively lazy like that stupid "fear dome" in After Earth, a terrible terrible movie"
So i'm back on board, i know that this will probably wear itself out like every arc Kirkman does, but oh well.

I still think this series should have ended an arc after the prison story. There's so little for this book to do on a monthly basis going forwards.

We need a Zatanna series. I don't like her being connected with Constantine so heavily. If we do though it will probably be written by someone like Ray Fawkes.....

Toa TAK

Banned
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.co...er-to-all-new-x-men-32-by-sarah-pichelli-this

tumblr_n61rhrCle21rx5px6o1_500.jpg

YAY!

+1 for Pichelli

Spoil it for me. Everyone on Twitter is talking about it.

BIG SPOILER WARNING FOR BATMAN BEYOND 2.0 #21
Justice Lord Superman just killed Terry McGinnis

Terry went to the Justice Lord Earth to find out what happened there. Justice Lord Superman goes back (from main Earth) to stop him. Terry meets his Justice Lord version, who is a Joker Gang Banger. They go to find what happened to Justice Lord Batman, when Superman finds them. They fight and Terry gives a good show but eventually loses. Justice Lord Superman demands he submit. He tells the other Terry to tell his parents how much he loved them when he gets heat visioned through the forehead.

Terry went to the Justice Lord Earth to find out what happened there. Justice Lord Superman goes back (from main Earth) to stop him. Terry meets his Justice Lord version, who is a Joker Gang Banger. They go to find what happened to Justice Lord Batman, when Superman finds them. They fight and Terry gives a good show but eventually loses. Justice Lord Superman demands he submit. He tells the other Terry to tell his parents how much he loved them when he gets heat visioned through the forehead.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, o, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, ,no.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I refuse to believe
he's gone. He faked his death or something

I refuse to believe
he's gone. He faked his death or something

Oh he looks pretty dead. I have a feeling the Justice Lord Terry will become the new Batman Beyond. There was mentioned of there probably being another Batsuit that Lord Batman would have made.

Also, I can share links to the relevant pages upon request.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh he looks pretty dead. I have a feeling the Justice Lord Terry will become the new Batman Beyond. There was mentioned of there probably being another Batsuit that Lord Batman would have made.

Also, I can share links to the relevant pages upon request.

That would be such bullshit and would just ruin the book entirely. We can never have nice things for long can we?

Zombine

Banned
miles morales in all new x-men? bendis why??? don't ruin my favourite series with more boring garbage from the worst spider-man ever.

This makes me sick. Why does everything gotta be a crossover with this dude. Not hating on Miles, but really? This is fan fiction territory.

It's time to hit the reset button.

Zombine

Banned
Doesn't that pretty much describe the last 5+ years of Bendis Marvel career.

I came on here and defended the dude and he does this crap. I may have to divorce him from my pull list.

Don't feel like some 6 issues nonsense involving Miles further postponing the conclusion of Battle of the atom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom