• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Just started Avengers: The Enemy Within and congratulations are in order for Scott Hepburn, my new favorite artist to hate! Scott needs to spend a little time observing women with long hair before they throw any more work at him, I think.

hkfSPMf.jpg

GokuSuperSaiyanIIINV.png

Carol's gone one level beyond.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yes this so much

Is it just me or does Welcome Back, Frank go kinda downhill after the issue that takes place at the zoo? Don't get me wrong, I love it, but both times I've read it my enjoyment took a significant drop after that issue (issue 4, IIRC).
The first time I read it, I was loving it at the beginning but then I didn't enjoy it as much at the end, but I just figured I was rushing it to finish it and thus enjoyed it less.
However, when I reread it recently, I was ready to say it was my favorite arc of all time at the end of four issues, but then I got kinda bored with the rest of the arc. Does anyone share this sentiment?

Note to thecouncil: I definitely still recommend it and it's definitely still a great book overall and very much worth reading. Although in my opinion it drops in quality a bit about halfway through, it only drops from "FAVORITE COMIC OF ALL TIME" quality to "good comic" quality. So yeah, definitely very much worth reading.

Edit: Also, I need a quick opinion. I decided to take a break from reading Colossal Conan, because as much as I was loving it, I kinda want something new for a bit after reading about 500 pages of it (still 700 more to go!). So, do I want to start rereading Morrison's Batman from Batman and Son through Final Crisis (not gonna read B&R or Batman Inc. on this reread since I'm waiting for the Absolute edition of Batman Inc. to release before I buy both the Absolute editions) or do I want to start the Jonah Hex: Shadows West TPB? Can't deciiiiiide.

Double edit: Decided I'm gonna read Jonah Hex first. I don't need your guys's help!

Owzers

What are your thoughts on Superman Unchained? I got through issue 3 and found it a bit bland. I have issue 4 and 5 in my stack and am debating if i should order the resolicted 8 and 9 to finish off the set or abandon it.

Is it just me or does Welcome Back, Frank go kinda downhill after the issue that takes place at the zoo? Don't get me wrong, I love it, but both times I've read it my enjoyment took a significant drop after that issue (issue 4, IIRC).
The first time I read it, I was loving it at the beginning but then I didn't enjoy it as much at the end, but I just figured I was rushing it to finish it and thus enjoyed it less.
However, when I reread it recently, I was ready to say it was my favorite arc of all time at the end of four issues, but then I got kinda bored with the rest of the arc. Does anyone share this sentiment?
I can't say I had the same feeling, once it hooked me I couldn't put the book down

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I can't say I had the same feeling, once it hooked me I couldn't put the book down

Good to know. I figured it was just me. I'm glad my opinion doesn't match the general consensus, since now I can feel even better about letting my friends who haven't read many/any comics borrow that book and not have them be disappointed.

But yeah, don't get me wrong, that's one of my all-time favorite arcs in comics. It's just so much fun.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How do you feel about wolverine using a gun? I might have just the story for you.

Go home, Paul Cornell. You go home and get back to writing unlicensed Demon Knights fanfic right-fucking-now.

Alright I'm considering dropping All New X men about 14 issues in, the story moves pretty slow and now that there is
ANOTHER team of X men that traveled back in time to the same point I'm feeling time travel fatigue
, what do other people think about the series?

Zombine

Banned
Alright I'm considering dropping All New X men about 14 issues in, the story moves pretty slow and now that there is
ANOTHER team of X men that traveled back in time to the same point I'm feeling time travel fatigue

I love it. Think it's the best X book in years. So many feels thrown all over the place and the art is top notch.

With that said, most Marvel books have been dealing with timey wimey stuff recently. So much so that it 'll probably cause a reset.

It's easily the best X-book being published right now. I've been enjoying it since the beginning. All-New and Uncanny give me all the X-Men goodness I need. I wouldn't consider dropping it unless you're completely done with X-Men, as ANXM and UXM are the bread and butter of the current X-book crop.

Zombine

Banned
It's easily the best X-book being published right now. I've been enjoying it since the beginning. All-New and Uncanny give me all the X-Men goodness I need. I wouldn't consider dropping it unless you're completely done with X-Men, as ANXM and UXM are the bread and butter of the current X-book crop.

I would even go as far to say that the entire line of X books are as united as they have ever been due to Bendis pulling all the strings. I read just about every X-book on the market and it's nice seeing that sort of depth in a comic universe.

tim1138

Got the Infinity hc from the library Friday and I'm about half way through it. It's pretty great so far, one of the best events from either company.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just read all of Battle of the Atom today. That was...a lot to take in. Fun stuff, though, my favorite part was the
altercation between the teams on Utopia.

Zombine

Banned
For those reading Battle of The Atom, you have to check out All New Doop. It's the glue of the entire event and it's wonderful. Do not read the first two issues until you're done with Atom though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
For those reading Battle of The Atom, you have to check out All New Doop. It's the glue of the entire event and it's wonderful. Do not read the first two issues until you're done with Atom though.

Digital issue not currently available

welp

Just started Avengers: The Enemy Within and congratulations are in order for Scott Hepburn, my new favorite artist to hate! Scott needs to spend a little time observing women with long hair before they throw any more work at him, I think.

Lawdy! It's Captain Frankenstein. Somebody call Wolverine, he's needed back at the circus.

Also, maybe his editor could let him know that Thor is not a half-orc.

Can't wait to read the other three issues of CM this brah drew before someone realized what was happening and kicked him out of the building

I fucking love Scott Hepburn.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Quit lying with saying All New Ghost Rider being a bad comic.

Nah, you right, ese. Ghost Rider drive the ladies loco, meng. West Side is best side.

I know, man. I love Tradd Moore too. Doesn't make it a good comic when the writing portion of the comic is nonexistent.

Got the Infinity hc from the library Friday and I'm about half way through it. It's pretty great so far, one of the best events from either company.

I liked it. A lot of others seemed to as well, then when it was over everyone started shitting on it. I don't understand people. :(

Filthy Slug

I haven't read Battle of the Atom, but All New Doop is incredible. People were shitting on Lafuente's art before it came out, saying it was amateur-hour, which made me smile when I opened the first issue. I like Lafuente's Doop more than Allred's, and Birdie rightfully defended Lafuente's dope art.

Zombine

Banned
I haven't read Battle of the Atom, but All New Doop is incredible. People were shitting on Lafuente's art before it came out, saying it was amateur-hour, which made me smile when I opened the first issue. I like Lafuente's Doop more than Allred's, and Birdie rightfully defended Lafuente's dope art.

Lafuente and Laura do an awesome job of
Making All New Doop look like a spiritual successor to X-Statix. Doop is done a lot of justice here and the book fleshes out his character out incredibly well.

Filthy Slug

Lafuente and Laura do an awesome job of
Making All New Doop look like a spiritual successor to X-Statix. Doop is done a lot of justice here and the book fleshes out his character out incredibly well.

Totally, and I'm so glad Doop learned English. Doopinese is great, but fuck having to dig for imprecise translations.

Americas own Philip Bond, god bless him.

I'm halfway through flex metallo and I have no idea what's going on. Meta Morrison hurts my head. I *think* I'm getting the point with the pop star narrator but who knows so far.

I'm halfway through flex metallo and I have no idea what's going on. Meta Morrison hurts my head. I *think* I'm getting the point with the pop star narrator but who knows so far.

I was in the same boat but I just stopped reading. I may have to give it another go. I want to enjoy it, but I think I may just not get Morrison when he writes something other than established characters.

I liked it. A lot of others seemed to as well, then when it was over everyone started shitting on it. I don't understand people. :(

I still like it! I don't like event books and I really enjoyed it while it was going on. Definitely better than stuff like Age of Ultron that's for sure.

I need some xmen/marvel events to read! Open to suggestions!

Annihilation is great. The recent Infinity event was really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom