• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I see American Flagg's on sale in Comixology...does that hold up pretty well?

Cheska

Guys, I hate most of my books now. What's good over at DC? I used to really like Worlds Finest.

Superman/Wonder Woman has been delivering every month. I'd also vouch for Wonder Woman and Batman as quality stuff.

Batwoman has actually been consistently good even without the original team behind it.

Guys, I hate most of my books now. What's good over at DC? I used to really like Worlds Finest.

What are you currently pulling and what don't you like about them? What sort of stuff do you like? There is a lot of good titles right now but it's hard to short list it without having some idea, I mean, I guess I'd say, for a rounded Top 5,

Green Arrow
Red Lanterns OR New Guardians
Action Comics OR Superman/Wonder Woman
Detective Comics OR Batman
Batman Beyond Universe

Messi

Superman/Wonder Woman has been delivering every month. I'd also vouch for Wonder Woman and Batman as quality stuff.

Batwoman has actually been consistently good even without the original team behind it.

I hear Harley Quinn is pretty great.

Oh and I agree totally with Batwoman. It's been good and has found its footing again after the change over.

Furyous

Batman Beyond 2.0 21:

Is Terry really dead? I think there is more to this than we're seeing. There was a delay between Supes hitting him and that plane landing. Hopefully it was hologram.

Where is my inhumanity update?
I can almost get with the idea that mutants are replaced by inhumans. Inhumans seem like mutants that could care less about fitting in with society.

Yeah, I've really been enjoying it. I don't know if it is the creative teams tone, or character development, but Kate is definitely much less abrasive than she was before. I used to actively dislike her and mainly got the book for Bette, but I've come around lately.

Batman Beyond 2.0 21:

Is Terry really dead? I think there is more to this than we're seeing. There was a delay between Supes hitting him and that plane landing. Hopefully it was hologram.

Terry did get a new suit randomly???, in Lord Batman's Batcave. The coloration is different.

I've dropped:

All new ultimates
Ultimate ff
Xmen
Wolvie and the Xmen
Amazing Xmen
Ms marvel

I just want something that's not over complicated with good, non generic art and preferably not a solo.

I've dropped:

All new ultimates
Ultimate ff
Xmen
Wolvie and the Xmen
Amazing Xmen
Ms marvel

I just want something that's not over complicated with good, non generic art and preferably not a solo.

For team books:

Batman Beyond Universe
Justice League - Can start at #31
Justice League United - Start at #0
Superman/Wonder Woman
Red Lanterns - Start at #21 or #28

Just started Avengers: The Enemy Within and congratulations are in order for Scott Hepburn, my new favorite artist to hate! Scott needs to spend a little time observing women with long hair before they throw any more work at him, I think.

hkfSPMf.jpg

Lawdy! It's Captain Frankenstein. Somebody call Wolverine, he's needed back at the circus.

Also, maybe his editor could let him know that Thor is not a half-orc.

Can't wait to read the other three issues of CM this brah drew before someone realized what was happening and kicked him out of the building

Is Red Lanterns Vol 4 the correct trade to start reading at where the quality increased?

Yes. #21 is the creative team and team leadership change.

Just started Avengers: The Enemy Within and congratulations are in order for Scott Hepburn, my new favorite artist to hate! Scott needs to spend a little time observing women with long hair before they throw any more work at him, I think.

Lawdy! It's Captain Frankenstein. Somebody call Wolverine, he's needed back at the circus.

Can't wait to read the other three issues of CM this brah drew before someone realized what was happening and kicked him out of the building

Haha. This is amazing.

Owzers

Future's End #0 definitely didn't sell me on the weekly, but i'm both curious and repulsed at the same time. This seems like the worst combination of Age of Ultron and Final Crisis one could think of, but i'd possibly read it if it were monthly instead of weekly. I'm a sucker for events but not when they are heavy investments.

Scott Hepburn was great in Rogues Rebellion. If you want bad Capatin Marvel art check out her series. It had a bunxh of fashion school rejects and broads with elongated heads straight out of Ancient Aliens.

Thanks heavens for the Beyond Universe and bring on Sensation Comics!

I've dropped:

All new ultimates
Ultimate ff
Xmen
Wolvie and the Xmen
Amazing Xmen
Ms marvel

I would never drop Ms. Marvel, but other than that there isn't anything on that list I read. Good job. I used to read Wolverine & The X-Men, if this is Latour's series we're talking about, but I dropped it as soon as I realized it wasn't going to be nearly as fun as Jason Aaron's run.

Zombine

Banned
I can't wait until Soule actually begins writing Inhuman. Right now it's just the crap that Fraction started and was finished off by some Marvel intern. That's my conspiracy theory.

Also, is world war hulk what comes afrer? I saw it on Amazon as well.

Just read Planet Hulk and forget that World
War Hulk exists.

How good is Planet Hulk? Worth checking out? Is it one of the better Hulk story arcs?

I saw it on Amazon and wanted to buy it, figured id check here first. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785120122/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, is world war hulk what comes afrer? I saw it on Amazon as well.

Planet Hulk is amazing. It's what I blame for getting me back into comics after like, a decade. World War Hulk is not nearly as good, but yes, that's what comes after.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I've never bought comics before today. My list:

All-New Ghost Rider #1-3 ($3.99 each)

Try Secret Avengers 1-3 and compare the two so that you can identify the bad comics, Ghost Rider, from the good ones, Secret Avengers.

Korosenai

I can't wait until Soule actually begins writing Inhuman. Right now it's just the crap that Fraction started and was finished off by some Marvel intern. That's my conspiracy theory.

Just read Planet Hulk and forget that World
War Hulk exists.
Ill probably read it anyways but thanks for the heads up lol.
Planet Hulk is amazing. It's what I blame for getting me back into comics after like, a decade. World War Hulk is not nearly as good, but yes, that's what comes after.
Awesome, thanks.

Is the prelude to planet hulk worth reading? Im guessing it is.

Is the prelude to planet hulk worth reading? Im guessing it is.

Ehhhhh..... They give you the rundown of what happened at the very beginning of Planet Hulk anyway, but read it if you want a more in-depth explanation. I don't consider it required reading, though. As "The Hulk's too dangerous to let him stay on Earth, let's trick him into getting on a rocketship and blast him into space." is a simple enough premise.

MG310

Can't unsee Captain Marvel's torso and Spider-Woman's hair as one continuous thing in those two panels.

Korosenai

Ehhhhh..... They give you the rundown of what happened at the very beginning of Planet Hulk anyway, but read it if you want a more in-depth explanation. I don't consider it required reading, though. As "The Hulk's too dangerous to let him stay on Earth, let's trick him into getting on a rocketship and blast him into space." is a simple enough premise.
Cool, ill just skip it for now then. Dont want to spend the extra money if I dont have to.

Not a bad choice.
I've always liked the concept of Ghost Rider and I found this version insanely appealing. Plus that art, oh lordy lord.
Try Secret Avengers 1-3 and compare the two so that you can identify the bad comics, Ghost Rider, from the good ones, Secret Avengers.
I won't be buying any more right now but my friend is giving me a crack at his Marvel subscription so I'll be checking out lots of the early Marvel Now stuff. I'll be sure to give SA a look but I'm mostly excited for Thor. People be hyping.

Almost forgot, time for Memorial Day List!

Batman Eternal #8
Deadly Class #5
Elephantmen #57
Guardians of the Galaxy #15
Ms. Marvel #4
Uncanny Avengers #20

Also, does anyone know why TMNT #34 AND #35 are on Diamond's list for next week? I don't mind a double dose of TMNT, just curious if this is an error or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom