• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

I liked it. A lot of others seemed to as well, then when it was over everyone started shitting on it. I don't understand people. :(

That was the same 2-3 posters who complained about Infinity every month.

Even if Infinity took a while to pick up real steam, it at least had the sensibility to stick to 6 issues. AvX was a 6 issue story told in 12. Age of Ultron was a 4 issue story told in 10. Original Sin seems to be a big fan of the padding judging from the first two issues as well.

Question:

Are there any good Punisher trades / graphic novels / storylines?

Punisher MAX is the indelible, ultimate take on the character. Read both Ennis and Aaron's runs on that, from start to finish.

Rucka wrote a great series.

Fraction's sucked. Avoid it.

Remender was good, but it's an acquired taste.

Edmondson's current run is great.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
People were shitting on Lafuente's art before it came out, saying it was amateur-hour, which made me smile when I opened the first issue.

No, that was just me. I took it back though! Everyone else thought it looked great. Haha

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
No, that was just me. I took it back though! Everyone else thought it looked great. Haha

Haha--dammit, Kipp. All is well though, because the series, so far, is awesome, and is allowing me to look into an ostensibly mediocre event, but from a fun, well written perspective.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Haha--dammit, Kipp. All is well though, because the series, so far, is awesome, and is allowing me to look into an ostensibly mediocre event, but from a fun, well written perspective.

Hahaha. Glad to hear it. I still will most definitely buy the TPB when it comes out. I'm really looking forward to it!

So who wants to guess what the price-tag on this is going to be?
Preview_SentinelMaquette_2-noscale.jpg

Read through some Cable and X-Force and ended up buying all the onsale issues. It's a pretty enjoyable book. characters banter without sacrificing their voices and I don't hate Larrocca's art, even with the muted color palette. It's very consistent, though what's with nearly every panel being a landscape panel. That's just... dull. I'm glad I gave it another shot

Chinner

Banned
Question:

Are there any good Punisher trades / graphic novels / storylines?

The 2011 run by Greg Rucka is awesome, and the current 2014 run with Edmondson is great too.

Everyone raves about Punisher Max, usually near the top of everyone's listing. I haven't read it but the art looks kind of ugly whenever I search it..

Original Sin is really disappointing so far through the first two issues. The murder investigation reminds me of playing hide-and-seek with Hope in AvX as a standard for wasting pages, i question if this event was ever meant to be a good story or if its just another means to an end continuity-wise.
What the heck?. We must not be reading the same book. The first issue showed me that it was changing how we think about event comics. Boy, but with the second issue, it's transcended that and has delved into a social commentary on where we are going as a species.

Daydreaming about how awesome Sentinels are and the hard work they do in stamping out the Mutant menace made me think back to the other thing I loved; the silver chromium/whatever covers of the Phalanx shit that Marvel did in the 90s. How was that? I never got to read it but saw glimpses here and there. All I remember is that Jubilee was like the only one who could hurt them. Did they ever do anything more with them?

Punisher MAX is the indelible, ultimate take on the character. Read both Ennis and Aaron's runs on that, from start to finish.

Rucka wrote a great series.

Fraction's sucked. Avoid it.

Remender was good, but it's an acquired taste.

Edmondson's current run is great.

The 2011 run by Greg Rucka is awesome, and the current 2014 run with Edmondson is great too.

Everyone raves about Punisher Max, usually near the top of everyone's listing. I haven't read it but the art looks kind of ugly whenever I search it..

Thanks! The great thing about all these answers are that the trades are cheap on Amazon! Haha.

Owzers

What the heck?. We must not be reading the same book. The first issue showed me that it was changing how we think about event comics. Boy, but with the second issue, it's transcended that and has delved into a social commentary on where we are going as a species.

It's like the watcher's eyes are MY eyes and i can finally see the Marvel Events for the comics perfection they are?

And Superman Unchained #4 wasn't much better than the previous issues. Daredevil #2 was okay though. I also dropped Inhumans after reading the first issue ( which means i have #2 pre-ordered but nothing after that).

Daydreaming about how awesome Sentinels are and the hard work they do in stamping out the Mutant menace made me think back to the other thing I loved; the silver chromium/whatever covers of the Phalanx shit that Marvel did in the 90s. How was that? I never got to read it but saw glimpses here and there. All I remember is that Jubilee was like the only one who could hurt them. Did they ever do anything more with them?

They were the bad guys in Annihilation: Conquest.

Messi

I really wanna see what happens when Joker returns and finds out about Jokers daughter. I'd also like to see how Harley reacts to her, but I guess I'll get to see that one in Suicide Squad.

dan2026

New Avengers is still cool.

I still love you Hickman!

I really wanna see what happens when Joker returns and finds out about Jokers daughter. I'd also like to see how Harley reacts to her, but I guess I'll get to see that one in Suicide Squad.

I want to know how Joker will get his freaking face back.

Woah, just found out about Marvel Unlimited. It could save me a HUGE amount of cash with some of the older comics and such. Are there any drawbacks to it? I'll be using a Note 8.0 for it.

Owzers

Woah, just found out about Marvel Unlimited. It could save me a HUGE amount of cash with some of the older comics and such. Are there any drawbacks to it? I'll be using a Note 8.0 for it.

well, they did just patch MU for android devices so it no longer only fills half the screen, which was the huge negative. Apart from that it's not perfect but it's usable. New comics are typically on a six month delay until they appear on MU, there are tonsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of things to read though up now including some of the best Marvel runs ( Nextwave, Immortal Iron Fist, Runaways, Astonishing X-Men, Brubaker's Cap run, etc etc etc).

Just finished the second volume of Uncanny Avengers and wow. I enjoyed the first book but the second one blew it out of the water. I should have read this earlier.

well, they did just patch MU for android devices so it no longer only fills half the screen, which was the huge negative. Apart from that it's not perfect but it's usable. New comics are typically on a six month delay until they appear on MU, there are tonsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of things to read though up now including some of the best Marvel runs ( Nextwave, Immortal Iron Fist, Runaways, Astonishing X-Men, Brubaker's Cap run, etc etc etc).
Hmm... That sounds like a good time, then.
Hopefully it has The Infinity Gauntlet and Secret Wars, then.
Those are good reads, right?

dan2026

I'm fine with him keeping his face as is. Or did he lose it again at the end of Death of the Family?

Last I saw of his face it fell down a hole after a tussle with Batman in a cave.
It was pretty rotted though.

If the Joker has been since since I don't know.

Messi

Wasnt his face woren by this girl who is supposed to be his daughter? The one, everybody once belive it going to be the new Robin?

Jokers Daughter is not actually his daughter she is just insane and I believe she found his face or made one like it.

For Joker to have a daughter harley would have been pregnant or he would have to have cheated on her. He wouldn't do that... I think.

Edit : yes she found it while living in the sewers under Gotham post Death of the family and sewed it to her face. Then she had a shit arc in my Catwoman stories.

Van

ordered these from amazon
All-New X-Men Volume 1: Yesterday's X-Men (Marvel Now)
All-New X-Men Volume 2: Here to Stay (Marvel Now)
All-New X-Men, Vol. 3: Out of Their Depth
Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1: Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom