• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes gonna fuck it up, Dick Rider ain't coming back :(

Loeb's son has taken his place :[

W6Z7nOe.jpg

To be fair, he was a lot more likeable in Original Sin #0 than in any other appearance.

Which almost certainly means he's getting killed off during the event.

I don't think he'll be killed off anytime soon considering New Warriors just started pretty recently. He's been okay in that, his dialogue with Kaine and Aracely was great.

I wouldn't mind if Richie replaced him on the team

To be fair, he was a lot more likeable in Original Sin #0 than in any other appearance.

Which almost certainly means he's getting killed off during the event.

Mark Waid can make even the most shit-tier characters likeable. Doesn't mean the character doesn't still suck.

Sooo, to be clear. You guys are concerned that continuity details might not get properly addressed, but are otherwise okay with something called "The Cancerverse".

Vibranium

Banned

Wool

JH Williams III, Francavilla, and Simon Roy are probably my top 3 favorite artists.

For anyone that didn't click the link someone posted about Sean Phillips art being copied from Mad Men:

It's right down to the snowman decoration above the sink...

JH Williams III, Francavilla, and Simon Roy are probably my top 3 favorite artists.

For anyone that didn't click the link someone posted about Sean Phillips art being copied from Mad Men:

It's right down to the snowman decoration above the sink...

lofl i remember reading about this when it first dropped and philips was like "oh shit really i just googled fifties kitchen and found that picture"

lolllllll

anaron

My favourite artists are JH Williams, Fiona Staples, Mike Allred, Javier Pulido, John Cassaday, Phil Noto, Adrian Alphona and Terry Moore.

I'm also fond of David Lopez and Jamie McKelvie

oooooh fave rave artist list:
Philip Bond
Frank Quitely
Stuart Immonen
Jerome Opena
Esad Ribic
Chris Samnee
JH Williams III
Sean Philips

probably like tons more

Revised pull list....huge week.

My BuyList via Comics Day App

BATMAN ETERNAL #5 $2.99
DETECTIVE COMICS #31 $3.99
GREEN ARROW #31 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #1 $2.99
WAKE #8 (MR) $2.99
ALEX + ADA #6 $2.99
FATALE #22 (MR) $3.50
NAILBITER #1 (MR) $2.99
RAT QUEENS #6 (MR) $3.50
REVIVAL #20 (MR) $2.99
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1.1 ANMN $3.99
BLACK WIDOW #6 $3.99
CYCLOPS #1 ANMN $3.99
MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1 $3.99
MOON KNIGHT #3 ANMN $3.99
ORIGINAL SIN #1 $4.99

Already picked up The Woods and it was good.

arkon

Can't pin it down to one artist really.

James Stokoe
Tony Moore
Darwyn Cooke
Francesco Francavilla
Skottie Young
Marcos Martin

and those are just the ones coming to mind at the moment.

Ephidel

I'm not going to be able to get to the store to pick them up this week, but these are the ones they'll be putting by for me (except A&A, that will arrive by mail).
All New X-Factor #7
Aphrodite IX #10
Archer & Armstrong #20
Cyber Force #9
Hinterkind #7
Loki Agent of Asgard #4
Rat Queens #6
Suicide Risk #13

Wolverine is the most awkward comic on the market right now. Unsurped Noccenti. Surprised Wolverine getting a tattoo wasn't hyped more or plastered kn USAToday. Brahs superpowers is to make tats that define you.

Messi

Wolverine is the most awkward comic on the market right now. Unsurped Noccenti. Surprised Wolverine getting a tattoo wasn't hyped more or plastered kn USAToday. Brahs superpowers is to make tats that define you.

Rafa did you read this months Catwoman? Nocenti has top dog position on lockdown.

Tizoc

Raise your hand if the 3 Part 'Club of Heroes' story arc from Morrison's Batman run is among your fav.?

I love the art and panels, and the story's really neat. I also love how Morrison set up the 'Club of Villain's in the Batman RIP story by mentioning them in this story too.

Oh and I've read my volumes of Gotham Central and this book never disappoints, although I kind of gotten a little bored with 'Joker is a homicidal maniac and all that goes on in his mind is kill torment evulz'. I recall reading Spike, I think, and his idea for how he would've retconned Killing Joke.

Rafa did you read this months Catwoman? Nocenti has top dog position on lockdown.

At least you're honest. XD

Anybody get the Annihilation omnibus today?

I'm ordering my copy from IST tomorrow.

I'm on the fence. I'll probably pass because there are some other things I wanted to grab. They're insanely late to the party with this omnibus, though. Annihilation went down forever ago.

Messi

I'm on the fence. I'll probably pass because there are some other things I wanted to grab. They're insanely late to the party with this omnibus, though. Annihilation went down forever ago.

It was bad. I call it like it is. Most of the time.

Finished Punisher MAX.
Wow. No words. That was some over-the-top violence and it worked well.

Also, everyone should pick up Adventure Time if they're fans of the show.
They're almost like missing episodes from the series. Great writing so far on almost all of them.

LosDaddie

Banned

Yeah, but I never read it. And I'm mainly an omnibus and hardcover reader/collector. So, it's a must-buy for me.

If you're considering it, then I'd make your decision soon. It seems like the secondhand market for this omni is going to be bad.

Vyer

I read the first two issues of Manifest Destiny, and I'm kinda interested. Anyone else reading this series? I'm looking for some impressions.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

How long would a tattoo on Wolverine even last? A day?

Cyclops #1
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon" #2
Magneto #3
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1

Cyclops will be the book of the month. Believe it. Rucka is coming!

Messi

Cyclops #1
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon" #2
Magneto #3
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1

Cyclops will be the book of the month. Believe it. Rucka is coming!

Is Deadly Class out this month or any other Remender books? If so good luck.

#YearofRemender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom