• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Nah, first issue didn't grab me at all. It felt really angsty.

I liked that angst. It wasn't teenage angst, but this disillusioned character whose had some rough shit happen to him, and is doing his best Bruce Wayne impression. The art was spectacular, but Kaare impressed me with his writing as well--fluid, interesting, and not hack-y.

I'mma get on the Fraction Iron Fist too, though. See what that's all about.

Messi

I liked it but it really is dark compared to Immortal

I'm generally not a fan of overly dark and gritty books. It was probably the wrong book for me to pick up. I get all of my crushing darkness from dc comics Catwoman. Now that I think about it my favourite books and the ones I am most excited for each month are SAGA, Harley Quinn, Chew, Rat Queens, Hawkgal and Batman & Robin. All bar one would struggle to be called dark or gritty.

Really getting pissed at Comixology and their download issues on the East Coast. 3 straight days I can't access any of my purchased books.

Tizoc

How's Soule's Thunderbotls run?

Almost done re-reading Batman RIP...and who in their right mind leaves Batman's utility belt? I mean really now...

Van

Hey comic gaf, I was wondering what's a good site to buy comics have them ship to my house? Thanks!

That's good, right? I think that's good.

13117259161481.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is Venom Vol. 2 worth reading?

The Remender Venom stuff is great, but I'm pretty sure the issues after he leaves are a letdown. Not sure what vol. 2 consists of.

headshot95

Neo Member
So how are they going to do trades for Batman Eternal? Just the typical six issues into one book or are they going to do something different because it is a weekly?

Aaron's Wolverine, across all serieses, is pretty much the definitive take on the character.

Speaking of Aaron and Wolverine... are any of you guys getting the Wolverine and the X-Men omnibus? I'm thinking about it, but the ratio of awesome story arcs to meh story arcs is rather low. It had some good ones, but not enough for me to buy a $100 book over.

Filthy Slug

Aaron's Wolverine, across all serieses, is pretty much the definitive take on the character.

Oh. The sales over isn't it.

I'd say Remender's/Aaron's. Both made him the actually interesting character he was before Cornell and the dumb guns.

Filthy Slug

Remender had a solo wolverine series?

Nah, but Uncanny X-Force has a really strong and great characterization for Wolverine. It seems like Aaron and Remender were on the same page for how they wanted the character to progress.

arkon

That's Birdie-tier. She looks emaciated. Torso is also hella long like you've stitched two different ones together

i'm scared

Cheska hold me
I said DON'T be scared!

What the shit is going on
Stuff. And things.

Who is that? Rose Wilson?
*taps nose*

That's.... that's something. That's actually a not-unattractive render.
Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out lighting scenes properly to give skin a "glow," but as a quick render test this one came out okay.

That's Birdie-tier. She looks emaciated. Torso is also hella long like you've stitched two different ones together
Anyone else think she looks too skinny? I was going for "lean and muscular" but maybe I went too far?

Anyone else think she looks too skinny? I was going for "lean and muscular" but maybe I went too far?

I would agree with others, she's feeling really skinny instead of lean and muscular. Who are you using as reference? I'd look to some one like Gina Carano for lean and muscular.

Carano-MMA-Return.jpg

What are you rendering it in?

Furyous

I'll have to check out suicide risk and the new X-Factor book.

Did they leave the half demon dude on his farm from the last issue of the last series? Why does Marvel mess up happy endings like that?

Futures End.......

WHAT IN THEE SHIT DID I JUST READ?
Now I understand the 52 gripes. They jumped two timeskips in one book. How will Terry survive in the DCU without a batcave? The future bleak is shit. How was Batman not elderly? Is there a comprehensive list of cameos in that book? I'm rooting for Terry but hopes he heeds Bruce's advice. Imagine if he was sent back 45 years. We'd get to see him and Damian faceoff.

Let me get this straight: Terry has to save the universe with no way home as we readers have figure out what happened to our favorite characters during a five year time skip no one saw coming.

*10 minute sigh*

Did I miss DC introducing Bruce building OMAC in the new 52? This and the Damian/Dick Grayson reminiscing days have me appalled at the lack of clarity at DC. They should wait two and a half years between events. Just because Marvel does something doesn't mean they have to. With that said, that new Inhumans is refreshing minus Medusa's useless power.

Why did they have to do Jamie like that?
I just.... I'm Angry-Joe-at-Xbox-One-reveal-disappointed.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Here's my list this week, some good books.

Picks of the week:
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #1
Moon Knight #3
The Punisher #5
She-Hulk #4

Looking forward to:
Astro City #12
Black Widow #6
Grindhouse Doors Open At Midnight #8
Magneto #3
Miracleman #5
Revival #20
Savage Wolverine #18

Might pick up:
Amazing Spider-Man #1.1
Cyclops #1

Looks like Batman and Son Deluxe is on sale on Comixology for $5.99, which for the number of issues you are getting, is a very good deal.

ReiGun

List and things

Green Arrow #31
Fleche Verde #31
Grünen Pfeil #31
Viride Sagitta #31
緑の矢印 #31
Freccia Verde #31

In other words, I'm really looking forward to Green Arrow.

Anyone here order from Cheapgraphicnovels.com before?

I ordered a week ago today and I can't track my package. I got an email from USPS saying they've received the invoice to expect a shipment from CGN but nothing beyond that. And that was five days ago on the 1st of May.

CGN said 4-14 days from the day of the order and while I'm not panicking at all I'm just wondering if the stuff is going to be updated.

List and things

Green Arrow #31
Fleche Verde #31
Grünen Pfeil #31
Viride Sagitta #31
緑の矢印 #31
Freccia Verde #31

In other words, I'm really looking forward to Green Arrow.

Hmm... No Aquaman and the Others...

Hmm...

Don't know about you anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom