• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

I feel like someone was just asking about Gotham Central the other day. Comixology has the first four volumes up for $12 a piece.

sca2511

Just tried to buy the Spider-Man print from Mondo and it sells out in under three minutes. These resellers mannn...

ElNarez

Banned
So they got some guy to make a F4 variant and it's dang pretty.

1dLcuV9.jpg

I think this "Jonathan Hickman" guy is gonna go places. He should do something with the Fantastic Four.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just tried to buy the Spider-Man print from Mondo and it sells out in under three minutes. These resellers mannn...

That's a shockingly long period of time for a Mondo drop. Resell rates for these haven't been too crazy--looks like it hovers around 110, not counting those psychopaths that put that shit up for dumb amounts.

sca2511

That's a shockingly long period of time for a Mondo drop. Resell rates for these haven't been too crazy--looks like it hovers around 110, not counting those psychopaths that put that shit up for dumb amounts.

I guess I'm too slow. I was refreshing the entire time, then decided to check their twitter/email and missed it. I guess the only option for it is eBay now and you're right, the prices aren't too crazy.

Just don't know how I feel about Clayton Crain. He is cool, not as off putting as Alex Ross. But you can't get a brah to follow him up because it ruins the flow. I think Dexter Soy on Ms. marvel was trying to channel him. Lol

Neoxon

Hes gonna fuck it up, Dick Rider ain't coming back :(

Loeb's son has taken his place :[
Sales of Sam's comic are well under Richie's, & Richard is the likely Nova that's gonna be in the MCU.

He'll come back at some point, if that point is now is the question.

bengraven

So in my slow process of getting back "into" comics, I picked up a few things on free comic book day.

Rat Queens I really liked, though half the jokes were trying a bit too hard. The other half were pretty damn funny and I dug the art and the concept.

The new Wolverine and X-men isn't nearly as good as Jason Aaron's run, but I'll stick with it a while. I picked up the first three issues and just wasn't as in awe as the first one. I really love Aaron's concept though, of Wolverine leading a group of New Mutants, and love the faculty and the little charming additions like the bamfs. I would have fucking LOVED these books as a kid, when I was growing increasingly bored with the constant Sinister Is Screwing Over Scott stories.

You know, the general online sentiment that the old CBR forums were a cesspit of rape apologists, misogyny and classlessness is really getting annoying. I was on the old CBR for 6 years (mostly the X-boards) and I have never seen any kind of unwelcoming attitude. The conversations were ridiculous and over-the-top, but they were never exclusionary. In fact, the X-Books board was one of the most inclusive and genuinely friendly subforums in relation to the female and LGBTQ comics communities.

To see people all over twitter praising the move of deleting years of dedicated contributions to one of the larger comics boards because it "had become so bad" is really sad. So many great posts, so many great discussions all deleted because of one stupid incident that had very little to do with the CBR community at large.

The deletion of that forum is a loss to the comics community and all the "good riddance" and bullshit attitudes from people who only skimmed the surface of CBR is horrible.

zeeaykay

Thoughts on picking up Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man? From what I recollect, people seem fairly divided between the latest Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man with Miles Morales.

I read the first six issues, and it was alright. I know Bendis is a bit slower with things rolling, did it ever hit more of a stride once he started "owning" the super-hero identity? I'm willing to catch up if people think it's worth it.

The main reason I ask is because I'm really craving some good Spider-Man, and Dan Slott's writing doesn't sit well with me.

Thoughts on picking up Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man? From what I recollect, people seem fairly divided between the latest Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man with Miles Morales.

I read the first six issues, and it was alright. I know Bendis is a bit slower with things rolling, did it ever hit more of a stride once he started "owning" the super-hero identity? I'm willing to catch up if people think it's worth it.

The main reason I ask is because I'm really craving some good Spider-Man, and Dan Slott's writing doesn't sit well with me.
It's been pretty good. It portrays how hard it would be to follow in the footsteps of a hero with so many villans already established, while giving it a unique spin thanks to the family aspect Miles has to deal with.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam

Personally, I think its really good but its main problem is that it sticks to close to Peter Parker (his life, friends and enemies) instead of developing new ones for Miles. Unfortunately according to the first issue it seems like they've no intention of changing that.

If you haven't read the first Ultimate Spider-man series, you ought to read that first. It's excellent except for a short period (Ultimatum and a bit afterwards).

zeeaykay

Personally, I think its really good but its main problem is that it sticks to close to Peter Parker (his life, friends and enemies) instead of developing new ones for Miles. Unfortunately according to the first issue it seems like they've no intention of changing that.

If you haven't read the first Ultimate Spider-man series, you ought to read that first. It's excellent except for a short period (Ultimatum and a bit afterwards).

Oh yeah, I should say that my favorite Spider-Man run (outside of Spider-Man: Blue) that I've read is Bendis' original Ultimate Run. I agree, the "Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man" relaunch was rough while that anime inspired artist was on it, but it got better before the finale.

Toa TAK

Banned

Miles is a great character, and while at first I was kinda bummed with them sticking to the same supporting characters, I ended up being okay with it mainly because I see it as one big story overall (the Ultimate Spider-Man Story) just with a new hero picking up the mantle (even if it's in bad taste lol).

Why is there no omnibus for Gotham Central yet, man. I just want to read the entire damn series in hardcover.

Probably just not that much demand for it. The original comic run was perpetually low in sales... they only kept it running so long because the quality was so good and everybody at DC liked it.

ReAxion

lttp on Five Weapons. Got the free #1 on FCBD and have bought 2 and 3 since. Endearing art and a good story with some Sherlock Holmes flavor.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Do you really want a DC Omnibus, though? I mean, really.

Maybe a set of deluxe editions.

You're catching on, Mumei

They've gotten way better as of late. Animal Man and DC One Million are great quality Omnibuses, so I'll gladly take a new Gotham Central omnibus.

I was reading the first Catwoman arc :/ lol

nodon'tburnthatone. Leave that sexy Winnick/March run so that you have something fun to read as the stench of Nonsensi fills your place.

I'm not ordering from cheapgraphicnovels.com again.

I put the order in on the 29th. It took them two days to get to USPS just to say "hey, you're getting a package to send to FUBAR McDangles soon"

A full week after I placed the order, the package finally gets to USPS. The distance from their facility to USPS, I just checked, is 16 miles.

It took a goddamn week to go 16 miles?

Come on, CGN. First order. Last order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom