• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1

I fucking knew it :lol
Man Jefferson is a dick. He just... bailed? Jeez. Seeing Norman Osbourne alive doesn't surprise me, but the two costumed villains could be the Chameleon twins. Same goes for the return of "Peter Parker". On the other hand, how did this "Peter" know about Miles his appartment? The Chameleon twins knew about Peter Parker, but they never knew anything about Miles. Hmmmmmmm.

Man Jefferson is a dick. He just... bailed? Jeez. Seeing Norman Osbourne alive doesn't surprise me, but the two costumed villains could be the Chameleon twins. Same goes for the return of "Peter Parker". On the other hand, how did this "Peter" know about Miles his appartment? The Chameleon twins knew about Peter Parker, but they never knew anything about Miles. Hmmmmmmm.

Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. I'm excited to see my
Peter
back (maybe, kinda sorta).

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
For Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm going to second the
Ultimate Chamelons
guess.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Would be funny. Do you remember, how Bendis once claimed, that if they made a crossover between 616 and ultimate, they would be officialy out of ideas?
He changed this around Spider-Men in to if they would bring Ultimate Peter back. I love how he does everything that nobody could take him serious anymore^^

Toa TAK

Banned
Would be funny. Do you remember, how Bendis once claimed, that if they made a crossover between 616 and ultimate, they would be officialy out of ideas?
He changed this around Spider-Men in to if they would bring Ultimate Peter back. I love how he does everything that nobody could take him serious anymore^^

He still made the best Spider-Man.

For Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm going to second the
Ultimate Chamelons
guess.

DCs5F7k.png

Sadist

Original Sin #1

What the hey right? I love Jason Aaron's work on X-Men, so let's give this one a chance. A lot of mystery right now and a very diverse cast of characters, but it got my attention.

Regarding Miles Morales, Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the few stories where Bendis didn't fuck up. It's pretty constant, so I'm pretty confident he won't screw the pooch on this one.

Peter had his day, damn it.

He gets to live on in the 616 Universe, death should be final here!

With Slott dicking around with the 616 version, I need a decent Peter Parker story. Bring him back. I do agree he shouldn't take Miles spot so just make him go into space and do cosmic shit on some fuck Earth you guys gave my name and webshooters to somebody else tip.

With Slott dicking around with the 616 version, I need a decent Peter Parker story. Bring him back. I do agree he shouldn't take Miles spot so just make him go into space and do cosmic shit on some fuck Earth you guys gave my name and webshooters to somebody else tip.

Of course he shouldn't take Miles' place. But have him be his mentor. The Bruce to Miles' Terry.

diaspora

Peter wouldn't need to take his equipment back from Miles since he was the one who developed it in the first place- he'd be able to just make new ones.

I actually kinda like how Spider-Man has been since post-OMD. The stories are generally better and more entertaining since then IMO.

diaspora

I've seen this rumor so much lately. How did it come about? Just idle speculation?

Certainly nothing concrete. Mostly because of how it's set up:
  • Steve Rogers is dead
  • Peter's clone Jessica is Black Widow
  • Peter might be back
  • Steve's message to Peter being "greatest of all of us" when he grows up

diaspora

Honestly it was probably the Chameleon twins imo. The two of them could have been the ones in the outfits who attacked the (defunct) SHIELD agents, and with SHIELD dissolved it wouldn't be hard for them to get intel on Miles leading to one of them getting the web-shooters from him. Peter developed them in the first place so he wouldn't need to steal them back anyway.

Sadist

Peter wouldn't need to take his equipment back from Miles since he was the one who developed it in the first place- he'd be able to just make new ones.
Well he doesn't specificly say what kind of "stuff" he needs doesn't he?

If he really needed some equipment, why not break into the Parker residence? May/Gwen might have not thrown away all of his stuff or handed it over to Miles and Ganke. Because again, how did he know about Miles being Spider-Man? :p Unless the Chameleon twins broke out of the Triskellion and they nabbed some info from Fury himself. There is something wrong in all of this.

If he really needed some equipment, why not break into the Parker residence? May/Gwen might have not thrown away all of his stuff or handed it over to Miles and Ganke. Because again, how did he know about Miles being Spider-Man? :p Unless the Chameleon twins broke out of the Triskellion and they nabbed some info from Fury himself. There is something wrong in all of this.

Could just be shock value. Comics like to do that.

diaspora

What equipment is there other than the web shooters? IIRC Miles never had Peter's original Spider-Man outfit.

Regarding Green Arrow, Andrea Sorrentino has really improved his art by leaps and bounds. Just compare his current work to God of War mini and I-Vampire. It's just insane and I think some credit should be given to Jeff Lemire to trust in Andrea and push him to get such crazy visuals. Thanks to these two it's the first time that I've been buying Green Arrow for over a year.

tim1138

So after the past couple issues, I'd be ok with
Katana
becoming a supporting character in Green Arrow. If only for how awesome Sorrentino draws said character.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

He was shown hiding in the bushes during the Peter memorial get together. Could have pieced it together by staking out the place.

ReAxion

Peter as Captain America is the only way I would accept him back.

And even then, with stipulations (amnesia for at least 3-4 years real world time).

But they killed Peter, not Spider-man. USM #200 was about Peter being dead. I will not be happy.

Hagi

Peter had his day, damn it.

He gets to live on in the 616 Universe, death should be final here!

Norman says no, death is not final! Just accept the return of superior ultimate spidey. You've already lost one, the second should hurt alot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom