• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetman

If Pullido just fixed Jen's eyes the art would be perfect.

The art is still sublime and She-Hulk is an awesome series

Digging She Hulk but I have issues with the art too :( Wish the cover artist was doing the whole book. All the covers have been exquisite.

Was this the issue with the
Atom
? If so, spoil me.

It was!

So Superman shows up at S.H.A.D.E's secret miniature base floating over Prague. Basically they were in space saving some Chinese satellite and Batman went into a comma after they came back. Superman did a scan and there's a microscopic city in Batman's brain, and a dead superhero looking dude floating around in his bloodstream. So Superman convinces Atom to shrink them down and figure out what's happening to save Batman's life. They go inside and the city is actually a ship, and these super villains from this world have killed the world's hero and taken over the city. As they're trying to stop the big bad guys one of them grabs Superman's shrink belt and activates it, making him big outside of Batman's body. Atom and Palmer stop the other villain and get the ship shrunk down, just in time for Batman to wake up and beat the shit out of the other Super villain. The issue ends with Batman and Superman discuss if they can trust this Atom, since the Earth 3 counterpart just fucked up the whole JL. Superman feels you can. Then we cut to the 2 character that lead S.H.A.D.E's secret base and talk about how Atom, Superman, nor Batman realize that their plan worked and that they managed to get monitoring devices in Batman and Superman. There's some good human thrown into the mix as well from the Atom.

*edit* Damn it didn't see GH already gave you a synopsis.

Jetman

Yeah it actually looks not like shit.

Also, spoilers in that preview...
Superman Dead... ! Superman Lives! Is that more references to a Death of Superman having happened?!

Probably more in reference to Forever Evil or Doomed story lines that havent wrapped yet.

bronson

Oh hell yes.

mQp3vQR.png

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/...ls-2014-2015-vertigo-and-dc-comics-hardcovers

Probably more in reference to Forever Evil or Doomed story lines that havent wrapped yet.

I don't think so. Superman in the rubble is pretty classic Death of Superman.

Forever Evil he was inside the Firestorm Matrix and Doomed... isn't that, without going into spoilers.

Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe Edition HC
Collects Punk Rock Jesus #1-6
240 pg, $34.99 US

So would this be printed on the same type of paper the TPB was??? That paper worked good for the art style I felt.. but I also felt like I was reading an old newspaper, or coloring book or something lol.

tim1138

It was!

So Superman shows up at S.H.A.D.E's secret miniature base floating over Prague. Basically they were in space saving some Chinese satellite and Batman went into a comma after they came back. Superman did a scan and there's a microscopic city in Batman's brain, and a dead superhero looking dude floating around in his bloodstream. So Superman convinces Atom to shrink them down and figure out what's happening to save Batman's life. They go inside and the city is actually a ship, and these super villains from this world have killed the world's hero and taken over the city. As they're trying to stop the big bad guys one of them grabs Superman's shrink belt and activates it, making him big outside of Batman's body. Atom and Palmer stop the other villain and get the ship shrunk down, just in time for Batman to wake up and beat the shit out of the other Super villain. The issue ends with Batman and Superman discuss if they can trust this Atom, since the Earth 3 counterpart just fucked up the whole JL. Superman feels you can. Then we cut to the 2 character that lead S.H.A.D.E's secret base and talk about how Atom, Superman, nor Batman realize that their plan worked and that they managed to get monitoring devices in Batman and Superman. There's some good human thrown into the mix as well from the Atom.

*edit* Damn it didn't see GH already gave you a synopsis.

Hah no worries, sounds like it was a solid issue.

I am so in on Johns/JRJR Supes. I'm not even a huge Superman fan, but it's nice to see his books all have solid creative teams on them now.

The on newspaper photo shows an image that's pretty close to the iconic first Doomsday story line. Plus in the lead up to Doomed Superman mentions Doomsday having killed/almost killed him once before I believe.

*edit* Damn it GH beat me to it again.

The on newspaper photo shows an image that's pretty close to the iconic first Doomsday story line. Plus in the lead up to Doomed Superman mentions Doomsday having killed/almost killed him once before I believe.

*edit* Damn it GH beat me to it again.

We gotta stop meeting like this bro.

Jetman

I don't think so. Superman in the rubble is pretty classic Death of Superman.

Forever Evil he was inside the Firestorm Matrix and Doomed... isn't that, without going into spoilers.

True on the rubble shot unless it was a less literal "stock" photo the paper put out after the heroes "died". And Doomed hasn't progressed enough to make a call on that yet (just assumed that Supes was going to take some kind of a fall with Doomsday involved).

Jetman

Did he mention that? I know in Superman/Wonderwoman when he first crosses paths with Doomsday he pretty much knows what it is, but never mentions being killed by him.

Sometimes I hate this vagueness on the past that NU52 left us with :/

tim1138

True on the rubble shot unless it was a less literal "stock" photo the paper put out after the heroes "died". And Doomed hasn't progressed enough to make a call on that yet (just assumed that Supes was going to take some kind of a fall with Doomsday involved).

And Morrison's run on Action alluded to Supes dying at some point in the past.

Cptkrush

I'm just starting to get into comics finally and I decided to grab Marvel Unlimited since they finally updated the Android version. I've read Captain America(2004) from #1 until the end of Winter Soldier, and thought it was great. I will definitely keep reading that series soon. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on good, modern starting points for the following on Marvel Unlimited?

Spider-Man (Been reading Brand New Day, like it so far)
X-Men
Avengers
Hulk
Deadpool

or any other suggestions of must read crossovers, series, or characters? (Been told to check out House of M, so I will do that soon)

This whole unlimited thing has been overwhelming to say the least, but I'm loving it so far.

Post what you have for sale on here and you may be able to avoid eBay seller fees! :)

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing what you have for sale. I read trades exclusively and only started reading comics 2 years ago, so I'm always looking to add to my collection.

Sorry at work but off the top of my head Im looking to move the following deluxe hardcovers: Powers by Bendis vols 1-5, Invincible vols 1-8, Y the last man 1, 3-5, Astonishing x-men 1 and 2, Hush unwrapped, Ultimate spidey 1-5, Waid DD 1 and 2, Fraction Hawkeye 1, and then a large assortment of TPBs which includes some classic Batman stuff, Morrisons run on Xmen, Saga, and a bunch of other trades.

Send me a PM if you want any pictures or are interested. Thanks

Actually, following Emerald Knights, Kyle had a ring from a time-lost Hal Jordan that could create other rings. Jade's ring was a copy of that, as were the things of the GLs in the New Corps mini. Then John Stewart finally ended up with that original ring.

So, maybe Stewart can still deputize other beings, but it's more likely that the idea was just dropped when Johns did Rebirth.

Funny thing, my first superhero comic was an Emerald Knights trade in spanish. But only the first one. Since I couldn't find the second part anywhere, I never saw the time-displaced Hal go back to his time.
I only started reading comics regularly with the New52. I soon started catching up on Johns' GL run but not exactly in order. Until I read GL:Rebirth last year I seriously thought the current Hal Jordan was the time-displaced one and figured Rebirth had something to do with my dear first comic.

I really need Scalped in my bookshelf. This is some amazing news.

We gotta stop meeting like this bro.

You're just so much quicker to the response.

Did he mention that? I know in Superman/Wonderwoman when he first crosses paths with Doomsday he pretty much knows what it is, but never mentions being killed by him.

Sometimes I hate this vagueness on the past that NU52 left us with :/

I could have sworn he said something like "He killed me before" or something a long those lines, plus like Tim mentioned it's been hinted at in Action Comics, and a bunch of other places that Doomsday and the Death of Superman happened to some extent. No details on the N52 version of it.

Jetman

You're just so much quicker to the response.

I could have sworn he said something like "He killed me before" or something a long those lines, plus like Tim mentioned it's been hinted at in Action Comics, and a bunch of other places that Doomsday and the Death of Superman happened to some extent. No details on the N52 version of it.

Ok, went and looked it up because "bored".
Superman/Wonderwoman #2: He's obviously seen DD before but it's alluded that he's only seen him by looking through a Phantom Zone portal at the Fortress. Supes: " This device is a window to a place my people called the Phantom Zone. It's like a supermax prison with a garbage dump. The worst criminals-the things they couldn't control- the things too dangerous to allow to live among us- they all ended up here" he points out a pic of Doomsday to her. "Is that what attacked you?" WW: "Yes" Supes: "It's called Doomsday" WW: I've never seen you like this. You've told me its name but not what it is." Supes: "Doomsday is death."

You'd think if there was an earth shattering battle like Death that took place, everyone would know what Doomsday was.

Out of curiosity, if anyone picked up the Doomsday Villian week book, who narrated it? Clark or Jor-El?

Vibranium

Banned
Original Sin #1 was excellent for a set-up issue, I'm surprised that I'm really digging this event so far and all the cool teams. Perhaps Jonathan Hickman should take a note out of Aaron's playbook if he writes another company crossover.

Cap and Fury talking about the War and Bucky made me legitimately nostalgic of Bru's run, and also made me get really emotional over the fact that Scummy Junior is getting pushed. Just make Johnson a villain, remove him from Secret Avengers, and push Coulson instead. Our Nick better not die, he needs to be in a team book on a permanent basis. Steranko may end up bitch-slapping Marvel too if they try to dump the character he brought to fame into the limbo bin.

Romita Jr's always been hit or miss for me but damn that looks good. I haven't bought an issue of Superman in decades but would pick it up if the art is consistent.

Newest IST order.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY BUSINESS

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ULTIMATE COLLECTION TP BOOK 04

DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID HC VOL 02

MG310

Hopefully the covers are giving away some of the future Bombshells statue designs..

1339247_ful.jpg

1339243_ful.jpg

1339263_ful.jpg

1339266_ful.jpg

Hawkgirl got swapped to the Earth 2 version from the one we saw on the print.

1339257_ful.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom