• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Love that Stargirl JLU cover. I hope my shop carries these.

MG310

Ant Lucia did the character art for all of them as far as I know - though the Wonder Woman/Supergirl one looks like it might be someone else.

Messi

Hopefully the covers are giving away some of the future Bombshells statue designs..

1339247_ful.jpg

1339243_ful.jpg

1339263_ful.jpg

1339266_ful.jpg

Hawkgirl got swapped to the Earth 2 version from the one we saw on the print.

1339257_ful.jpg

God damn, give me all of them as Bombshell statues. If I can only have one I want Batwoman, holy shit that is incredible.

Wonder Woman and Supergirl were Ant Lucia.

Speaking of Bombshells, I had to buy this. I know, I know. No one uses calendars anymore, but I usually buy one every year just to brighten up my computer room / office (as if the $5,000+ of pvc figures and display cases doesn't do the job).

Busaiku

So I was reading some of the newer X books (X-Men, All New X-Men, and Uncanny X-Men), and these crossover titles are a mess.
Scarlet Spider-Man was also terrible with this.
Are most Marvel crossovers like this?

The few Batman family stuff that I read (like Court of Owls and Death of the Family) were at least made sense as standalone stuff, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on in the X-Men stuff.

So I was reading some of the newer X books (X-Men, All New X-Men, and Uncanny X-Men), and these crossover titles are a mess.
Are most Marvel crossovers like this?

The few Batman family stuff that I read (like Court of Owls and Death of the Family) were at least made sense as standalone stuff, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on in the X-Men stuff.

There's "events" where it's a complete story in one book with other books tying in, and then there are "crossovers" where part 1, 2, 3 an 4 happen in 4 different books. You needed to read Battle of the Atom across 4 series in order for it to make sense.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
All caught up on All New X Men.. kinda wish that i hadn't though. It reads like a Claremont book now. Amazing X Men was decent. I like Nighcrawler. Hopefully McGuiness sticks around.

If you're reading the trades from the beginning, early issues of Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men kind of ran parallel to each other. You'd get an issue of each in the same month set in the same time frame, so reading the trades may seem a bit messy, but it worked pretty well when they were actually being released.

The Woods did not elicit any kind of strong reaction from me whatsoever. I like the concept ok though

But anyway Chris Burnham drew a short Judge Dredd story in the 2000 AD FCBD book and it looked dope. I want him to draw more Dredd

Unai

I've got to say the packging in IST is so good. It is like the books are little babies that need all the care they can get. It is my third month in a row buying book in droves since I learned it was actually a very good deal importing my comics from USA.

I couldn't be happier.

This interview with the showrunner from Gotham is hilarious

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52688

For Gotham, if we could bring Batman in to say hello, he’d say hello. It’s not that the celebrities are in the VIP lounge while you’re out front wondering where they are. In this case, the heroes aren’t “born” yet. They’re kids. I am cognizant of that as an issue. But look: Most stories that people tell don’t have Batman in them. You’ve just got to make the story you tell as compelling as it can be."

I've got to say the packging in IST is so good. It is like the books are little babies that need all the care they can get. It is my third month in a row buying book in droves since I learned it was actually a very good deal importing my comics from USA.

I couldn't be happier.

They're pretty great with packaging.

Bii

I made a O face at the end of ultimate spider man #1

Ah man, I'm thinking maybe I should pick this up.

After having not been able to get certain comics from my shop (we only have one LCS within a 50 mile range!) as soon as it opens, I've been resorting to ordering my stuff online from Midtown. I asked the owner if I can get a pull list going and he says there's a waiting list and it may or may not open up in a few weeks/months but I can check back from time to time. Of course, I spoke with him over the phone and he probably didn't know I'm a regular unless he saw me in person. It's difficult to support your local comic store when they don't have the options to get you what you want or if it's even available. :( I'll head down there tomorrow and speak with him in person to see if he'll let up.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

tm24

So im convinced that Loki post-siege is the most interesting character in comics right now. You get treated to so much fun story if you've followed the Kid Loki story to teen loki story. Agent of Asgard is sooooooo gooooooooooood

What's the verdict on Young Avengers volume 2? I have the first issue and thought it was only okay, but I ended up really digging the Kid Loki Journey into Mystery stuff, and I think the Protector/Noh-Varr can be a compelling character when done well.

Should I give it a few more issues? Or did it never rise to greatness? I liked the old post-Disassembled Young Avengers a lot if it helps.

What's the verdict on Young Avengers volume 2? I have the first issue and thought it was only okay, but I ended up really digging the Kid Loki Journey into Mystery stuff, and I think the Protector/Noh-Varr can be a compelling character when done well.

Should I give it a few more issues? Or did it never rise to greatness? I liked the old post-Disassembled Young Avengers a lot if it helps.
Ok but it's never good or great

Messi

Ok but it's never good or great

Yeah it's ok but it never really amounts to much. Kid Loki is awesome.

It's a good follow up on Kid Loki, but the book itself is pretty meh-ish. It has some good stuff though.

It's a bridge between the two good Loki books.

Filthy Slug

Woah, Green Arrow. Outsiders War concludes but there's already another exciting ass story by the issue's end? Fuck this book is dominant.

very great, don't mind the haters

although i'm a huge Gillen/McKelvie fan already sooooo

Anybody pick up X-Men: No More Humans?

I won't be able to read it until my DCBS order comes in but I'd like to hear some impressions.

Edit: Wait, this was already asked lol

Filthy Slug

Cross posting from the Buy / Sell / Trade thread but seeing as a couple of gents asked here are the graphic novels I am looking to sell. If you are interested send me a PM, thanks!

I'm looking to liquidate my collection of graphic novels. Prefer to ship in bulk. Will update with rough prices but please send me a PM if you are interested in some books. Thanks!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I already have way too many comics to read... but I really want to buy quite a few of those.
Also, total longshot, but on the topic of buying and selling TPBs, nobody happens to have Morrison's Batman: The Black Glove story in any of its collected editions (paperback, standard hardcover, deluxe hardcover, new TPB with Batman and Son and The Black Glove) that they want to sell, do they? It's the one missing piece before I have the whole run in collected edition. Well, I don't have Batman and Robin or Batman Inc. in collected editions yet, but I'm going to get the Absolute editions of both when Absolute Batman Inc. comes out.

LegendX48

It ended. There's a new series called X-Force, but the old creative team is gone, sadly.

Next week is a good week, though. We'll be blessed with some more work by comics superstar Dennis Hopeless in the form of Avengers Undercover #4.

Damn, liked it quite a bit up until the end. Time to find new TPB's to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom