• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the cover of Futures End 14. New Deathstroke costume.

3810794-futend_cv14.jpg

RED TORNADO
LOVING THIS 52 SHIT

And it's the 2004 series that started with Kurt Busiek, yes.

Awesome. I may have to grab that, then. I've wanted to read that series for a while, but picking up 14+ tpb volumes seemed daunting as fuck.

Just finished No More Humans and liked it. Decent story. The only X-universe stuff I've read lately was Battle of the Atom so I actually knew who this
Raze
guy was.

I know who he is, and I still don't care. He's like, the worst-designed character ever. Don't take that last statement literally and start posting dumbshit comic character like Captain Nazi.

Look at the cover of Futures End 14. New Deathstroke costume.

oh my god, is that Wonder Woman? They gave her a neck like Brock Lesnar.

I like how everybody here was not hyped at all for Futures End, myself included. (GH excluded). The #0 and #1 are hype enlightened to get most excited.

Parch

I know who he is, and I still don't care. He's like, the worst-designed character ever.
I don't disagree. They just morphed two mutants together.

Seems like they intend to continue using this new batch of "future" mutants which are just variations on what already exists. It's a pretty lazy way to create characters. Or another cheap tactic, just pull some dude out of another dimension. Easy but cheap characters creation but that's pretty standard for superhero comics.

Seems like they intend to continue using this new batch of "future" mutants which are just variations on what already exists. It's a pretty lazy way to create characters. Or another cheap tactic, just pull some dude out of another dimension. Easy but cheap characters creation but that's pretty standard for superhero comics.

It just feels like a cop-out if for every new character with a past they want to create, they just make the origin story Mystique's womb. Once or twice, fine. But sooner or later, people are going to start to wonder if she's got an assembly line going on down there.

Tendo

So I finally got back into comics after buying them in the early 90's as a kid. Using the Comixology app on my tablet and it is AMAZING. being able to stare at the art on that screen is amazing.

Anywho, Started back with Annihilation, something I've been wanting to read for ages. On volume 2 now and loving it. Already grabbed 3 and the 2 conquest volumes. My question is - I want to get into Guardians of the Galaxy but I'm not sure what collections/trades to get and what the chronology is. Any sites out there that could help me track that, or anywhere here guide me?

Anywho, Started back with Annihilation, something I've been wanting to read for ages. On volume 2 now and loving it. Already grabbed 3 and the 2 conquest volumes. My question is - I want to get into Guardians of the Galaxy but I'm not sure what collections/trades to get and what the chronology is. Any sites out there that could help me track that, or anywhere here guide me?

I can't help with the vintage stuff. But starting pre-Marvel NOW, the Abnett/Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy series ran through the War of Kings, and then Realm of Kings events. And then Thanos Imperative, I believe.

Owzers

Wasn't hyped, still not hyped. DC events usually just feel convoluted to me.

if it wasn't a weekly i'd be in, not really hyped since i think Forever Evil is a pathetic attempt to advertise Luthor joining the Justice League and by itself it's just a crappy non-story, buttttttttt i'd still give Future's End a try despite that.

frye

I don't really care if dudes behind the scenes are dullards? Like -- why does that of all things even matter.

Tendo

I can't help with the vintage stuff. But starting pre-Marvel NOW, the Abnett/Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy series ran through the War of Kings, and then Realm of Kings events. And then Thanos Imperative, I believe.

Rad, just wishlisted them all. Comixology lists the Original run as volume 1 and the run starting with Cosmic avengers as volume 3. No sign of a volume 2. Any idea what that might be under?

Hagi

Allreds art and his wife's colors are so schway.

He's quickly becoming one of my favourite artists and her colours compliment his work so well. Can't wait to pick up the Madman trades next week.

yo, have fun. this is top 3 comic runs of all time. ALL TIME

Oh man, that's easily one of my favourite runs on anything ever.

I read some on Marvel Unlimited and loved it so I thought it would be a great series to collect. Really looking forward to diving in then buying X-statix.

all digital people isn't that a bitch now with Comixology making you jump through hopes? Don't you have to manually sync over every book through usb now or something. Sounds like a bitch.

Tendo

all digital people isn't that a bitch now with Comixology making you jump through hopes? Don't you have to manually sync over every book through usb now or something. Sounds like a bitch.

I think that is iOS only. I'm on Android and it is working fine. However, the only reason I got back into comics a week or so ago was because of the ease of using the app. If I had to jump through hoops I wouldn't be here right now. I understand Amazon's logic but man that has to kill impulse sales.

Heard people talking shit about former X-Statix editor Axel Alonso what the flipping heck
Yeah. He's a piece of shit. Not afraid to say it. Editing a book is not a successful accomplishment. "Look mom I fixed the first person possesive pronouns and the comma splices!"

Cade

i jump through hopes every time i see a new dc comic book, hoping it's a new the question series with renee montoya and written by greg rucka

it never is

It's not that bad. After you purchase something on the website you just check the recently purchased tab in the app and download through there.

Takes a little longer than before but it's not the end of the world.

What? There no manual sync of anything. Order and buy on store (faster and easier when buying in bulk), and the next time I bring up the app I download what I want. It's less convenient for an impulse buy but I buy on weds which is still a hell lot easier then going to comic book shop

So I finally got back into comics after buying them in the early 90's as a kid. Using the Comixology app on my tablet and it is AMAZING. being able to stare at the art on that screen is amazing.

I'm on Android, but I have always bought through the website and then downloaded from the Purchases tab. I much prefer using the PC for purchases, even if it's not quite as immediate.

What? There no manual sync of anything. Order and buy on store (faster and easier when buying in bulk), and the next time I bring up the app I download what I want. It's less convenient for an impulse buy but I buy on weds which is still a hell lot easier then going to comic book shop

yeah, that sounds less bullshitt-y than what I was lead to believe. Makes no difference to me either way. Floppies forever.

After this one, I have room for like 3 more things on my bookshelfs. Only thing todo now is save for a house.

All you really need is more bookshelves. Get a billy bookcase from IKEA, there's one particular model that's about 7' tall and will run you $80. Get some glass doors for an additional $50 each and you're all set. I got one for my PVC figures and I love it.
You know what to do.

Mine is in the first batch shipping May 28th. It sold out super quick.

As is mine. Internet brofist!

Messi

All you really need is more bookshelves. Get a billy bookcase from IKEA, there's one particular model that's about 7' tall and will run you $80. Get some glass doors for an additional $50 each and you're all set. I got one for my PVC figures and I love it.

That's what I have for my blu rays. All full yo!

arkon

Wikipedia's pretty good for this kind of thing. The articles on each team or character normally summarize the past history up to the present and there's also a list of trade collections with most of them.

Take that into consideration.

If anybody wants a cheap Spider-man collectible for the bookshelf. Buy a $10 mask off of Amazon and a $5 styrofoam head and you get this.

BnO6mmOIQAA-pEG.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Guys, Punisher is pretty fucking boring. It feels slow and plodding despite the fact that every issue has Frank vs an army of Mexican dudes and Electro. It's the exact opposite of Rucka's run, which was the definition of a slow-burn, and yet I can't stop thinking about how perfect and exciting Rucka's run was.

Probably gonna drop Punisher and make room for an interesting book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom