• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not feeling the hate against the new Punisher run. I'll admit I'm a huge fan of the character, but this has been a really fun, fresh new take on him. I love the Ennis and Remender takes on him.

One huge gap for me is the Punisher MAX stuff. I read the Ennis 2000 series and loved it, but everyone says MAX is the definitive take on the character.

kswiston

I'm not feeling the hate against the new Punisher run. I'll admit I'm a huge fan of the character, but this has been a really fun, fresh new take on him. I love the Ennis and Remender takes on him.

One huge gap for me is the Punisher MAX stuff. I read the Ennis 2000 series and loved it, but everyone says MAX is the definitive take on the character.

People also seemed to have liked Aaron's PunisherMax stuff as well. I haven't read it myself.

Hmmm I dunno I've enjoyed the other Marvel events I've read. Siege, Annihilation, Dark Reign, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion and House of M were all good. I never touched Age of Ultron, Infinity or the one with all the Asgardian weapons.

Civil War has been the only stinker so far for me.

Secret Invasion

"good"

Who mislabled your comics man?

Parch

Yeah, there's two different Punisher MAX series. Both are pretty good.

That's really the only character that MAX did right. Wolverine's MAX title was disappointing. I always thought that imprint was underutilized and could have been interesting for a few different characters.
Even if they stuck with it being the mature horror imprint, MAX should have been a lot better.

ElNarez

Banned

That's really the only character that MAX did right. Wolverine's MAX title was disappointing. I always thought that imprint was underutilized could have been interesting for a few different characters.
Even if they stuck with it being the mature horror imprint, MAX should have been a lot better.

well SOMEONE should read Fury Max: My Wars Gone By, from Ennis and Parlov. (it's you) (you should read it)

e: i am saying that you are wrong, also

Parch

well SOMEONE should read Fury Max: My Wars Gone By, from Ennis and Parlov. (it's you) (you should read it)
That's the one with him at war in IndoChina right? Read the first 3 issues and it didn't really grab me, but I'm not that into war comics. Needs more zombies.

Hagi

Secret Invasion

"good"

Who mislabled your comics man?

tumblr_muwcjcJYX11snhqsko1_500.jpg

That's really the only character that MAX did right. Wolverine's MAX title was disappointing. I always thought that imprint was underutilized could have been interesting for a few different characters.

Wisdom was a really good limited series on the label I thought. Got me into our British heroes.

PsychBat!

Banned
I just read Marvel: The End (I know it doesn't matter now) and I have a headache. Heart of the Infinite? Really? Does this artifact really need to exist? And from what I've read on the Marvel wikia it's supposedly a multiversal spanning artifact and that it's the power of TOAA? But Thanos recreated just one universe because of Simon Williams or something or other? I mean as;fjadf;ladfkj;adfj holy fuckballs.

What kind of bullshit did I read? I love Thanos and Adam Warlock but holy shit at this overpowered cosmic piece of crap. Maybe if I made more sense of it, I would take it a little more seriously (I doubt it) but.... man....

Can someone help me on what Thanos did in the end?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Yep it's very good. 1-6 was the first arc. #7 comes in June. I'm looking forward to
the change in setting now that they are back on the water.

I'm gonna try to finish the rest of them today - I'm gonna start issue 3 sometime soon. I actually got all 6 of my issues signed by Matthew Roberts. The first 2 issues I have aren't first print, but I believe the last 4 are. I've heard it's a pretty popular series -- the first issue had 4 fairly large prints, apparently. Regardless, the story is really good so far.

I'm gonna try to finish the rest of them today - I'm gonna start issue 3 sometime soon. I actually got all 6 of my issues signed by Matthew Roberts. The first 2 issues I have aren't first print, but I believe the last 4 are. I've heard it's a pretty popular series -- the first issue had 4 fairly large prints, apparently. Regardless, the story is really good so far.

Nice! I was lucky enough to get a first print of issue 1 when it had been out of print for a few months. My secondary LCS tends to keep first prints in the back just for when people ask. They've never let me down. Still sold to me at cover price, even though on ebay they probably could have gotten 20-30 bucks by then.

I didn't read a single issue of Infinity or a tie-in because it didn't look that appealing and I thought the next event would be interesting but Original Sin looks just as bad. I'm going to skip this one too and see what comes next year.

I didn't read a single issue of Infinity or a tie-in because it didn't look that appealing and I thought the next event would be interesting but Original Sin looks just as bad. I'm going to skip this one too and see what comes next year.
Well Marvel thought we would be hyped for anything after Fear Itself, kind of like the ugly girl in a group of pretty girls. It didnt work...

Messi

First two issues if original sin have been great.

Owzers

Cap # 19 was fairly bland, it reminds me of Uncanny Avengers' first arc where it seems to lack purpose. I want to stay on for Remender and because i liked Dimension Z, but there's no flow between the arcs and a couple narration boxes name dropping what happened in those events doesn't cut it.

its all about first impressions. if marvel wants me to pay 3.99, they better not start off with black widow debating the taste and texture of bear meat over beef.

besides...

i needed the money to order x-men: no more humans. did anyone else get this?

worried about the larroca art, but finally MIKE "THE PROFESSOR" CAREY is back on the x-men.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Nice! I was lucky enough to get a first print of issue 1 when it had been out of print for a few months. My secondary LCS tends to keep first prints in the back just for when people ask. They've never let me down. Still sold to me at cover price, even though on ebay they probably could have gotten 20-30 bucks by then.

I'll probably look for the first two first prints eventually. I actually bought all six of the issues from Matthew Roberts himself. He had first prints of everything but the first two. He also had issue 20 of the Walking Dead for sale. I think it was issue 20. It was the one he did the cover art for - alternate cover art, anyway.

Calcium

Banned

worried about the larroca art, but finally MIKE "THE PROFESSOR" CAREY is back on the x-men.

I'm halfway through it now. I'm digging it for the most part, but I'm a trade reader so I'm a bit behind whenever this takes place chronologically. I'm looking forward to reading the next All-New and Uncanny so I can know why certain people are where they are.

Parch

I'm halfway through it now. I'm digging it for the most part, but I'm a trade reader so I'm a bit behind whenever this takes place chronologically.
I liked No More Humans. I haven't been reading any of the X-books but I don't think it makes any difference chronologically. It's definitely after Battle of the Atom though. They could have made this a crossover but I'm glad they didn't.

its all about first impressions. if marvel wants me to pay 3.99, they better not start off with black widow debating the taste and texture of bear meat over beef.

HAHA. #0 and #1 issues of Original Sin were actually $4.99... Marvel is all about those price hikes. The rest of the series will be $3.99 a pop, though.

Hagi

besides...

That whole dinner scene was pretty goofy especially Natasha discussing the finer points of Russian bears lol but it fits with the general B-movie vibe Original Sin has going.

I'm looking forward to some impressions for No More Humans. I still need to pick up Family Business as well, heard it was really good.

As far as crossover events are concerned I thought Dark Reign was pretty good.

That didn't even feel like a proper event to me. It was just the state of affairs in the Marvel Universe between Secret Invasion and Siege. That said, Original Sin has a bit of a different feel to it so far. I'm hopeful that this will be another good event from Marvel (Infinity was awesome, fuck the haters).

Speaking of Original Sin, do we know who
the man and woman at the end of #1 were? I'm assuming they were just accomplices and not the murderer himself. But the guy looked very similar to Nitro.

That didn't even feel like a proper event to me. It was just the state of affairs in the Marvel Universe between Secret Invasion and Siege. That said, Original Sin has a bit of a different feel to it so far. I'm hopeful that this will be another good event from Marvel (Infinity was awesome, fuck the haters).

Speaking of Original Sin, do we know who
the man and woman at the end of #1 were? I'm assuming they were just accomplices and not the murderer himself. But the guy looked very similar to Nitro.

There was a bleedingcool article about it but they already figured out who the hooded man is most likely to be.
It's pretty obvious since Jason Aaron uses him all the time, The ORB.

frye

Based on the cover for issue 6, though she's supposed to be in issue 2, the redheaded woman is probably
Oubliette from Marvel Boy

The most costume Starfire has ever worn.

Probably a true statement, though I seem to recall her wearing more clothing when she and Dick were sleeping together.

Speaking of the Bombshells stuff... Those art prints, I notice they have more up on the manufacturer's website than they were selling on TFAW.com, which is where I bought the WW and Stargirl prints. The rest (Black Canary, Poison Ivy, etc.) don't seem to have been released yet. I just got the Wonder Woman and Stargirl prints today and they look great. I just framed them, so I'll probably put them up tomorrow. I may snag a couple of the others when they come out.

Messi

Probably a true statement, though I seem to recall her wearing more clothing when she and Dick were sleeping together.

Speaking of the Bombshells stuff... Those art prints, I notice they have more up on the manufacturer's website than they were selling on TFAW.com, which is where I bought the WW and Stargirl prints. The rest (Black Canary, Poison Ivy, etc.) don't seem to have been released yet. I just got the Wonder Woman and Stargirl prints today and they look great. I just framed them, so I'll probably put them up tomorrow. I may snag a couple of the others when they come out.

How big are they?

MG310

Yeah, I know, I meant that I wish that the print was of the comic cover - they cut off so much of the design for the print.

samueeL

Banned
Spider-Men. 616 Peter and Miles working in the Ultimate universe.

Spider-men2.jpg
Thanks a lot, man! Generally don't dig ultimate stuff but I'll give it a try! ("Old fashioned", for me there's one amazing spider-man in new york present time and that's that, I get confused by everything else!)

Thanks a lot, man! Generally don't dig ultimate stuff but I'll give it a try! ("Old fashioned", for me there's one amazing spider-man in new york present time and that's that, I get confused by everything else!)

This is a small story where Mysterio is the lead villain. It's starts out in old fashioned Peter universe and the progression is not confusing.

Yeah, I know, I meant that I wish that the print was of the comic cover - they cut off so much of the design for the print.

I had to look the actual cover up again, but yeah. The cover looks way better. If they used that for the print I probably would have bought the Harley one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom