• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Was already planning to check it out. I just forgot to pick it up while I was at the shop last week.

Also, unrelated, but I'm currently reading Wonder Woman, and while I don't mind the Greek mythology stuff, it feels like it's finally starting to wear thin. Is Superman Wonder Woman the book I should be reading?

Yes absolutely, they never lay off the Greek Myth angle.

ReiGun

Was already planning to check it out. I just forgot to pick it up while I was at the shop last week.

Also, unrelated, but I'm currently reading Wonder Woman, and while I don't mind the Greek mythology stuff, it feels like it's finally starting to wear thin. Is Superman Wonder Woman the book I should be reading?

The book is more Superman than Wonder Woman, I feel, but if you want more traditional superheroics with the character, it's a good read.

Applebite

With the Constantine show getting a trailer this week, I've been reading some of the old Hellblazer comics and holy shit, these things are kinda packed with weird, legthy monologues (which I love and hate at the same time). Anyone got any volumes or places in particular that I simply MUST read?

I think #8 comes out this week. And the first hardcover is due mid-September.

HC Sept 17th

1-tom-brady-dancing.gif

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Comics are for everybody T-Shirts and Totes just went on sale, for anyone who is interested.

http://www.comicsareforeverybody.com/

Created by Jordie Bellaire and Fonografiks, colorist extraordinair and expert designer, respectively, with profits going to charity.

Plus, all your friends will think you're hip!

Right?

hmm, reasonably priced even with shipping. I'd rock it on occasion but Ima have to put it off for the time being

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What are the odds of a pervert being a furvert or vice-versa?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just because someone is into bondage doesn't mean they're a pervert. Marston is a pretty interesting dude.

Absolutely. Shitty to see people dismiss him as a pervert because he was attempting to broaden peoples' sexuality during a heavily repressed time. Dude also pushed for more women in workplaces like the FBI.

Messi

I just checked a few days ago and nada. Lemme know if the situation has changed. Also, any word on the printed editions?

They are still working on re formatting the strips for printing and fixing some of the spelling. Also there were some family health issues seemingly which kept them from working on it. But seemingly the next strip will be in the next 3 days. They posted a pic from it.

Quick question, for Marvel Unlimited do ALL ongoing current series end up available on the service after the usual 6 month delay or are certain titles excluded?

Alright, I have the following trades from the humble bundle, what should I read next?

Saga
East of West (tried, couldn't get into)
Fatale
Lazarus
Morning Glories
Saga
Revival
Chew
Manhattan Projects
Invincible (read, may get omnibus now)

Messi

Alright, I have the following trades from the humble bundle, what should I read next?

Saga
East of West (tried, couldn't get into)
Fatale
Lazarus
Morning Glories
Saga
Revival
Chew
Manhattan Projects
Invincible (read, may get omnibus now)

Saga then Chew, me and freeze have great taste.

They are still working on re formatting the strips for printing and fixing some of the spelling. Also there were some family health issues seemingly which kept them from working on it. But seemingly the next strip will be in the next 3 days. They posted a pic from it.

Hey, I know this shiniez guy! He draws a pretty mean Wonder Woman.

Messi

Hey, I know this shiniez guy! He draws a pretty mean Wonder Woman.

Get him on a wonder woman book.

He draws a lot of amazing stuff. His original graphic novel series Ravine is gorgeous.

Yep, he has a great style. His faces in particular are very expressive. It constantly amazes me in Sunstone. Lisa's lip biting when she is nervous for example.

Yes Diana leave Supes for Bruce. You know you want to.

Messi

I was gonna post his WW earlier, I didn't know he also did that Sunstone stuff y'all talk about. I know him mostly from his digitally done Top Cow stuff but i like this style of his more

Yeah Sunstone is written and drawn by him and his wife I believe.

So I started reading Bendis' Daredevil run. First arc centered on Ulrich and the boy had some of the most confusing and frustrating art I have ever seen.

But so far the rest has been great. My only other experience with Daredevil is Frank Miller's run, which was great. But because of this gap I have a few questions.

Why does Kingpin know that Matt is Daredevil? Why does Foggy know Matt is Daredevil? Why is Kingpin blind? Why is this loser from Chicago such a goober?

Also, my gf started reading Journey into Mystery Featuring Sif. I haven't read it yet but she's complaining pretty good that she has no idea why anything is happening or what is going on. I quote : "Its called Journey into Mystery because you don't know what the fuck is happening!!!"

Is there some back story we should know about beforehand? Or does it explain itself later on?

So I started reading Bendis' Daredevil run. First arc centered on Ulrich and the boy had some of the most confusing and frustrating art I have ever seen.

But so far the rest has been great. My only other experience with Daredevil is Frank Miller's run, which was great. But because of this gap I have a few questions.

Why does Kingpin know that Matt is Daredevil? Why does Foggy know Matt is Daredevil? Why is Kingpin blind? Why is this loser from Chicago such a goober?

Also, my gf started reading Journey into Mystery Featuring Sif. I haven't read it yet but she's complaining pretty good that she has no idea why anything is happening or what is going on. I quote : "Its called Journey into Mystery because you don't know what the fuck is happening!!!"

Is there some back story we should know about beforehand? Or does it explain itself later on?

You've said you read Miller's run but you haven't read Born Again?

I read through Born Again, yeah. Are some of my questions answered in that?

It was probably 4-5 years ago and I don't remember much beyond thinking it was a fun romp. I should probably go through it again.

Yeah. The answer to your first question is in it. And if your memory of it was a fun romp you should definitely give it another read because clearly it's been too long lol

Yeah. The answer to your first question is in it. And if your memory of it was a fun romp you should definitely give it another read because clearly it's been too long lol

Oh jeez. Not so much Born Again being fun but that the entire Miller run, or at least what I had of it, was enjoyable to read and really made me like the character. I remember very few specifics.

Well I won't be able to pick them up from my parents' place for a month or so when I go down there next but I'm hoping to bring back my whole collection. I'm going to go through the whole thing again.

MG310

There's 2 arcs before Bendis' run starts in DD Volume 2 - Guardian Devil and Parts of a Hole - that are definitely worth reading as well.

frye

Oh jeez. Not so much Born Again being fun but that the entire Miller run, or at least what I had of it, was enjoyable to read and really made me like the character. I remember very few specifics.

Well I won't be able to pick them up from my parents' place for a month or so when I go down there next but I'm hoping to bring back my whole collection. I'm going to go through the whole thing again.

Born Again is literally a story about the Kingpin learning about Daredevil's secret identity and subsequently destroying Matt's life.

e: I'm assuming the guy from Chicago is the the one who goes all Julius Caesar on Kingpin in the first issue of Bendis/Maleev? That dude is just a shorthand for "normal" crime reasserting itself in the Daredevil comic and also a rejection of the Kingpin and his keeping Matt's id to himself.

Always a good move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom