• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

We need to convince some of the mods who frequent this thread to tag us :p We can make it even easier and come up with stuff for each other. The easy ones:

Messi: Lives off the tears of Catwoman fans

Grandharrier: Keeps DC comics in business

Just start at 17.

Just ordered this from Amazon:

Green_Arrow_The_Kill_Machine_TPB.jpg

I did good, yes?

Just finished Astonishing X-Men. First half was amazing, fucking amazing. 2nd half was simply solid. Very end was a let down. The whole story gets a 8/10. If the whole 25 issue run was as good as the first 12, people would say it was one of the best comic stories ever. Ultimately it gets put on one of the best X-Men stories list.

We need to convince some of the mods who frequent this thread to tag us :p We can make it even easier and come up with stuff for each other. The easy ones:

Messi
Ann Nocenti's Biggest Fan

Oh dang. Comixology has the whole 52 series in a 99 cent run. To double dip or not. I'll need to think on this...
This is really tempting. I missed out on this but I want the omni... I was so upset that Amazon didn't honor that price glitch a few months ago.

Boogiepop

Oh man. Just found out there's also "Tales of the TMNT" to collect in my quest for filling out my TMNT stuff. Geez there's a lot to buy. And the "Volume 2" of that apparently ran for 70 issues, so it'll probably take IDW a while to get through. At least I feel I can probably ignore TMNT Adventures or w/e for now, since it's apparently a separate canon based on the TV show or something (maybe I'll look into it later if it's good, but I have plenty on my plate for now).

Vibranium

Banned

Rafa=FedKilla:
Every budding Comics Superstar has to start Somewhere

Try to come up with something for me, good luck lol. Maybe my constant hatred of Nick Fury Junior and Axel Alonso as an Editor in Chief?

samueeL

Banned
Might be a noob question but just something I've been wondering recently: Why do some volumes take so much time to come out? For example New 52 Flash volumes seem to take ages, especially if you want paperback one. Yet it seems like for example Green Arrow volumes come out pretty fast, even as paperback. What's up with that? I get that hardcover comes first so they make more money with that probably but yeah.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Might be a noob question but just something I've been wondering recently: Why do some volumes take so much time to come out? For example New 52 Flash volumes seem to take ages, especially if you want paperback one. Yet it seems like for example Green Arrow volumes come out pretty fast, even as paperback. What's up with that? I get that hardcover comes first so they make more money with that probably but yeah.

Basically, DC's trade program is crappy. I guess they want people to buy the floppies. Have patience young fellow, the stories will come out eventually! Hardback is first (if they do them) because they cost more, so can get more money out of the readers.

Hagi

Vast majority of Marvel trades i buy are like 6 issues for £12 and under. Perfectly happy with that. Never come across any books that are only 4 issues.

just noticed i STILL have that New 52 WonderWoman volume 1 sittin in my backlog, just no time to get around to it... despite it supposedly being pretty good right?

You guys that have kept up with this one, did it keep up the quality or should i just forget about reading this one alltogether and focus on other Comics i am currently reading instead?

Messi

The best value trades are when DC releases old issues like Power Girl power trip is $20 for 13 issues, same with the old Harley Quinn issues. Which by the way I see volume 4 is coming in September,mshould be the last volume of classic Harley :(

Wonder Woman is worth reading

Hagi

just noticed i STILL have that New 52 WonderWoman volume 1 sittin in my backlog, just no time to get around to it... despite it supposedly being pretty good right?

You guys that have kept up with this one, did it keep up the quality or should i just forget about reading this one alltogether and focus on other Comics i am currently reading instead?

Only criticism I've heard about Azzarellos run is that it doesn't focus solely on Diana and that's not exactly scathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom