• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is
v7G6f2w.jpg

USA Today Teaser on Superman: Doomed

Soule admits that one needs to go big with Superman, and the Doomed story line features his current love interest Wonder Woman, the Justice League and pretty much the entire Superman supporting cast including nemesis Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lana Lang, canine pal Krypto and a whole new version of the metallic hero Steel.

After reading it I'm even more hyped. My body is ready.

Messi

The Injustice comic is one of my favorite current ongoing series. I look forward to it each week and I love how it's always a satisfying little snippet of story and characterization. Harley isn't a big player, but she's had some nice chapters in Season 1, a well as being the star of the Annual issue that was published between Season 1 and 2.

Oh and Messi, I am now reading Harley on your suggestion and although it took me an issue or two, now really enjoy it. Surely Nocenti Catwoman is of similar quality!

You would think...
don't do it, it's a traaaaaap.
. Issue #2 of Harley with Ivy is my favourite issue so far. It was so very cute.its handily my favourite book each month. I should talk about it more.

Gail Simone is doing great work with Batgirl too. Gail aways seems like a really nice person on twitter.

Rooster12

Always enjoyed George Perez Wonder Woman

ww_v2_0063.jpg

Perez's run was awesome, made me a Wonder Woman fan immediately. The way he blended the greek mythos stuff really made the possibilities for the stories endless.

Gonna have to check out some of the pre-crisis Wonder Woman stories to see if they're up to par.

Messi

I still don't have a lamp so once the sun goes down comics time is over. Wouldn't have this problem if I read digital comics.

Finished Forever Evil #6, man what a crazy issue, I do have a few problems with the series so far:

Surprised that Black Adam got destroyed by Ultraman the first time around. Maybe he doesn't have a weakness to magic (doubtful, he bled pretty heavily after fighting him), or eating kryptonite is similar to a sun dip and he was coming off a high, or Adam is just a terrible fighter and didn't have experience against other metas (so he left his guard open), but I think magical characters should have an edge over kryptonians. Maybe he'll kill him in #7, but I have a feeling Luthor will mop everything up just to establish the worf rule.

If they're so afraid of Luthor of Earth-3, why didn't they just kill him instead of gagging him? I hope it isn't some dumb poetic reason like wanting to make him watch a world full of heroes burn. It looks like he can steal powers, so I'm assuming the original Shazam counterpart was actually evil and he just took his power (then again when Constantine tried this his body fell apart).

MG310

I'd like it better if that red piece actually looked like part of the uniform and not like something she stapled onto the bottom of a shirt.

Doesn't need 3 S shields from the crotch up either. (4 if there's one on the cape...5 if the back is also a shield..which it appears to be). We get it. She's Supergirl.

The DC Collectibles figure version of it is actually a big of an improvement since it makes the suit into one solid piece.

Finished Forever Evil #6, man what a crazy issue, I do have a few problems with the series so far:

If they're so afraid of
Luthor of Earth-3, why didn't they just kill him instead of gagging him? I hope it isn't some dumb poetic reason like wanting to make him watch a world full of heroes burn. It looks like he can steal powers, so I'm assuming the original Shazam counterpart was actually evil and he just took his power (then again when Constantine tried this his body fell apart).

My thoughts on this: They kept
Luthor alive because they still fear whatever it is that destroyed their world and would want to use him against it, or at least try to, anyways.

I'd like it better if that red piece actually looked like part of the uniform and not like something she stapled onto the bottom of a shirt.

Doesn't need 3 S shields from the crotch up either. (4 if there's one on the cape...5 if the back is also a shield..which it appears to be). We get it. She's Supergirl.

The DC Collectibles figure version of it is actually a big of an improvement since it makes the suit into one solid piece.
DC Collectibles is on fire right now.
Took you long enough.
The wait for Inhuman has slowed my comic reading...

They should have given her a full body suit like Stargirl's new costume.

Then sales of the book really would have plummeted. I mean, I'm just reading it for the Red Daughter of Krypton story. After that, Supergirl is getting dropped unless something amazing happens. But as far as the costume goes, she looks awesome in red and black.

FeD.nL

Uncanny X-Force. From page 1 to the end reads as one of the most epic stories. It's a blast.

IMO Spidey loses a lot of weight if you've not read the whole series, I see it very much as a super long form single story. Was really good though, gave me wet eyes.

New x-men is wonderful but probably a bit long to make a comfortable reading experience in one volume.

So really Uncanny X-Force. You are also in luck because it's fucking straight up amazing. I know nothing about Apocalypse going in, still loved it.

Thanks you two! Picked it up just now can't wait to get home and start reading it!

I was coming to post this, but hell yeah. Since Edmondson is on both titles, I was hoping he'd eventually cross the two over. I love his depictions of both characters (despite the fact that at this point, we get Black Widow's loneliness, time to move on, yo).

I really dig Gerad's cover as well. He's killing it on art duties. I'm pretty amped to see what happens when Punisher and Black Widow meet up.

I know I'm probably alone in this, but i love the N52 Supergirl look, specifically the cape, it's really rad with that neckpiece.

n52-mos-supergirl-costume-finished-pics-pg-4-entered-halloween-contest-nhot8t6.jpg-198910d1371517025

This costume is... ridiculous.

dan2026

To be honest I don't really like any of the new 52 costumes.

All armor bullshit and needlessly complicated bits that no one can draw.

ReAxion

Informal poll, have you found yourself buying less comics from Comixology since they removed the in app store?

I have gone out of my way to purchase in the Marvel app, delete the download there, and pull it down in Comixology. I don't know if this kind of spite is sustainable, but yeah, I've done it.

dan2026

Harley Quinn probably got the worst re-design.

They took away her classic outfit that everyone loved and instead re-designed her as a zombie stripper or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom