• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vast majority of Marvel trades i buy are like 6 issues for £12 and under. Perfectly happy with that. Never come across any books that are only 4 issues.

Naw I was making fun of the All New X-men' that are like 5 issues for $24.99. When I saw that I just sort of "Wut"'d. I don't actually keep up with Marvel's trades, I just know they are very timely.

I defend DC on a lot of things but Jimminy H. Christmas their trade release schedule sucks ass.

just noticed i STILL have that New 52 WonderWoman volume 1 sittin in my backlog, just no time to get around to it... despite it supposedly being pretty good right?

You guys that have kept up with this one, did it keep up the quality or should i just forget about reading this one alltogether and focus on other Comics i am currently reading instead?

We make fun of stuff like it being "Orion and the Olympians occasionally starring Diana" , and THEBABYTHEBABY, but it has legitimately been solid the entire run.

Hagi

Naw I was making fun of the All New X-men' that are like 5 issues for $24.99. When I saw that I just sort of "Wut"'d. I don't actually keep up with Marvel's trades, I just know they are very timely.

I defend DC on a lot of things but Jimminy H. Christmas their trade release schedule sucks ass.

Heh that's pretty wild seems like Uncanny and Uncanny Avengers are the same. If i wasn't following those digitally I'd probably go with Panini for trades as they are great for budget minded marvel fans in the UK.

I like that Marvel seem to release whenever a story arc finishes, wish DC would do the same especially for Batman. I'd much rather read Zero Year in trade but man that wait.

ReiGun

just noticed i STILL have that New 52 WonderWoman volume 1 sittin in my backlog, just no time to get around to it... despite it supposedly being pretty good right?

You guys that have kept up with this one, did it keep up the quality or should i just forget about reading this one alltogether and focus on other Comics i am currently reading instead?

Been one of the best books in the New 52 since it started.

Like other's have said it's REALLY solid, and well written with great artwork. Just realize going into it, that it is a 3 year story arc basically.

Zombine

Banned
After a few months of lurking waiting to be verified I can finally post in the greatest community on this site!

I'll try my best to not ramble about my tastes (yet) but I think I can relate to just about everyone here in terms of pull lists and likes/dislikes.

Except Nocenti. She is universally horrible.

After a few months of lurking waiting to be verified I can finally post in the greatest community on this site!

I'll try my best to not ramble about my tastes (yet) but I think I can relate to just about everyone here in terms of pull lists and likes/dislikes.

Welcome! Top 3 ongoings? Favorite writer? Artist? Do you like All-Star Superman?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Frank Quitely, yes or no? I need to know which column to put you in.

Welcome! Feel free to join in with wild fan/boy/girl/person abandon. We love everything here, except what we don't, which we will judge you for, which is most everything.

What is it that you love most about comics?

Zombine

Banned
Welcome! Top 3 ongoings? Favorite writer? Artist? Do you like All-Star Superman?

Top 3 Ongoing? Super difficult to narrow it down to just 3. Most of my weeklies are my "top ____" release. Harley Quinn has amazing art, I enjoy Hawkeye when it releases on time, and Magneto may be the biggest surprise so far for me. I was expecting it to be absolute trash and it's far from it.

In regards to All-Star Superman? It may be THE definitive Superman story of all time. I plan on picking up the Absolute Edition from IST shortly.

And Quietly? Shoot that art into my veins. Soooo good.

We must know:

Javier Pulido art - For or Against?

Top 3 Ongoing? Super difficult to narrow it down to just 3. Most of my weeklies are my "top ____" release. Harley Quinn has amazing art, I enjoy Hawkeye when it releases on time, and Magneto may be the biggest surprise so far for me. I was expecting it to be absolute trash and it's far from it.

In regards to All-Star Superman? It may be THE definitive Superman story of all time. I plan on picking up the Absolute Edition from IST shortly.

You may pass.

There's 2 arcs before Bendis' run starts in DD Volume 2 - Guardian Devil and Parts of a Hole - that are definitely worth reading as well.

Looked these up. I found Guardian Devil pretty easily but Parts of a Hole seems to be a bit harder to track down. Will keep looking though.

Born Again is literally a story about the Kingpin learning about Daredevil's secret identity and subsequently destroying Matt's life.

e: I'm assuming the guy from Chicago is the the one who goes all Julius Caesar on Kingpin in the first issue of Bendis/Maleev? That dude is just a shorthand for "normal" crime reasserting itself in the Daredevil comic and also a rejection of the Kingpin and his keeping Matt's id to himself.

That rings a bell about Born Again. Still don't remember the specifics but I do remember him being a total drunk and then there is a fight on some docks with shipping containers? Probably getting it mixed up with something else.

Yeah it's that guy. I haven't finished that arc yet but it's been pretty good.

Always a good move!

I'm really looking forward to it. I don't have a whole lot of stuff but it should be good for a few weeks of reading.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Awesome, have fun fighting off the madness that plagues this place.

Also, Wonder Woman: Pants or sans pants or sweat pants/sweater combo for full coverage, like a respectable woman of our modern times?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Whoa, whoa whoa... Are you really calling for, like, tracksuit Wonder Woman?

Nah, bro. I'm calling for the sexy Wonder Woman. Others want a more modest, frumpy Wonder Woman. A baggy ass sweatpants and insertcollegenamehere sweatshirt Diana.

Tryin' to guage this new member's perversion is all.

Yoga pants Wonder Woman?

$_35.JPG

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

You're Good People. Carry on :)

tim1138

Excellent.

Welcome to the thread!

ReiGun

You're in.

Whoa, whoa whoa... Are you really calling for, like, tracksuit Wonder Woman?

Amirite?

So I'm looking to get into Constantine what do you all recommend?
Are there any stand out stories in Hellblazer? Or do I just read it all.... because there is a lot there.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I actually really enjoy the New 52 Wonder Woman, I don't get a lot of DC but this one was super accessible to me as a new reader, and the art is great.

Edit: Didn't realise the conversation had moved on so much from when Winnie the Pimp was talking about it.

Village

Comic Book people

I gotta question.
Was reading marvel, got inspired to do a rocket racoons illustration ( plus my SR illustration class gonna need a portfolio from like the start and comic guys will be looking at it ).

Question, what characters ( good or bad ) would you put in the background of a rocket raccoon illustration that are not the guardians of the galaxy and or his old animal running crew.

I already am thinking about putting two of the guardians in there, and young nova. And have a shit ton of ideas, just need trimming down.

Art profs always say when in doubt ask someone , so i'm asking ya'll

Edit: I can speak the good English I promise.

Messi

Comic Book people

I gotta question.
Was reading marvel, got inspired to do a rocket racoons illustration ( plus my SR illustration class gonna need a portfolio from like the start and comic guys will be looking at it ).

Question, what characters would you put in the background of a rocket racoon illustration that are not the guardians of the galaxy and or his old animal running crew.

I already am thinking about putting two of the guardians in there, and young nova. And have a shit ton of ideas, just need trimming down.

Art profs always say when in doubt ask someone , some im asking ya'll

Iron Man

Messi

Can someone explain what happened in forever evil? I'm mostly asking about Dick because in issue #30 of Batgirl
Babs seems to be having a really hard time not thinking about Dick. It reads like he is dead. :(

Also Gail Simone didn't write #30. I wonder why.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Alright, I have the following trades from the humble bundle, what should I read next?

Saga
East of West (tried, couldn't get into)
Fatale
Lazarus
Morning Glories
Saga
Revival
Chew
Manhattan Projects
Invincible (read, may get omnibus now)

Revival definitely.

Can someone explain what happened in forever evil? I'm mostly asking about Dick because in issue #30 of Batgirl
Babs seems to be having a really hard time not thinking about Dick. It reads like he is dead. :(

Also Gail Simone didn't write #30. I wonder why.

Margauritte Bennet has handled a few Batgirl issues.

As to Forever Evil:
Dick is going covert Ops according to the Grayson solicit, so I assume they all think he is dead, aside from Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom