• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Top 3 Ongoing? Super difficult to narrow it down to just 3. Most of my weeklies are my "top ____" release. Harley Quinn has amazing art, I enjoy Hawkeye when it releases on time, and Magneto may be the biggest surprise so far for me. I was expecting it to be absolute trash and it's far from it.

In regards to All-Star Superman? It may be THE definitive Superman story of all time. I plan on picking up the Absolute Edition from IST shortly.

And Quietly? Shoot that art into my veins. Soooo good.

another head for the chopping block i see. Anyway welcome

Village

Ok
Groot
Ironman
Kid Nova
Carol Danvers
Hulk ( the one with the armor )

Would that be good background for a rocket racoons thing, maybe starlord and thanos somewhere?

That Quitely cover is just ........

Do you not like robin crotch thrust into your face before delving into your books?

Messi

Oh wow, Batgirl Annual #2 was incredible. Easily my favorite book last month. Shame I didn't read it in time to vote for it. Having read all of Birds of Prey really made this issue hit home. Ivy is a really tragic character and this issue just made her even more appealing. She is a villain who truly struggles with who/what she is

Ivy: "I... I do have a friend... My Harley Quinn... She cares about me. I thought maybe I might have more than one someday. I guess I was wrong about that."

:(

The change of art towards the end of the book is great. I wish the monthly book looked like that. All of the
Ivy freezing cold was really awesome looking.

More people need to read this book.

Oh wow, Batgirl Annual #2 was incredible. Easily my favorite book last month. Shame I didn't read it in time to vote for it. Having read all of Birds of Prey really made this issue hit home. Ivy is a really tragic character and this issue just made her even more appealing. She is a villain who truly struggles with who/what she is

Ivy: "I... I do have a friend... My Harley Quinn... She cares about me. I thought maybe I might have more than one someday. I guess I was wrong about that."

:(

The change of art towards the end of the book is great. I wish the monthly book looked like that. All of the
Ivy freezing cold was really awesome looking.

More people need to read this book.

I tried to tell you, was on my list last month. I really enjoyed it and like the
seasonal dynamic
they worked into Ivy's character.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
LOL

STK636820.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

DEM TATERS.

Aw yes that's my kinda Robin. Legs spread as Bob Kane intended.

Boogiepop

Not sure if anyone else here cares, but Archie really needs to get things together with the way they're releasing Sonic trades. I mean, even ignoring delays (though Sonic Saga vol. 5 was delayed from February to now apparently late June!), they're currently only releasing the Sonic Archives/Legacy and Saga lines. Archives/Legacy is whatever I guess, because it at least has an end in sight for once it eventually manages to catch up to the beginning they decided for the Saga stuff (though I'd still prefer it to be a good bit faster). But the Saga stuff will only come up to #184 when the 5th volume is finally released, with the main series currently up to like #259 or whatever. It's crazy! And I'm pretty sure at its current rate it's probably holding the gap between itself and the latest release, and possibly even losing ground.

I think I heard that there's some big changes post-Worlds Collide (no spoilers please as I haven't read it yet), so I'm kind of hoping they start releasing trades that follow that, because they SERIOUSLY need some way to keep somewhat modern with the collected editions. Sonic Universe is at least somewhat acceptable, but even then I think the trades have to be at least 2-3 years behind.

Messi

He would be really good at drawing potatoes.

It's really not the same. That was doing something for a friend. The Batgirl Annual scene I am referring to, was something that let her reconnect, on a fundamental level, with her humanity.

Frank Quietly's faces look like potatoes and Asian.

Oh absolutely, the one in the annual is much more special to me.

Awwwww, Gail Simone tweeted back to me :)

Gail is insanely active on Twitter. I've had a number of interactions with her. She is really cool about that kind of stuff. She was gushing over the fact that two of her characters were just made and are in the Deadpool Heroclix set, so I was able to find some images of them for her, which she seemed delighted by.

Zombine

Banned
I realize that for the most part you guys aren't the biggest Walking Dead fans, but who is checking out Walking Dead #127 this week?

I'm more than a little obsessed with zombies and up until the introduction of Negan I enjoyed the series for what it is...but All Out War was a massive waste of time.

I'm hoping that this issue shakes up the status quo a bit and we get a 10-15 year time jump or we get to see the world from a different set of eyes. If it's more of the same...dropped.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Tragicomedy
Frank Quitely can't draw faces.

You're one of the good ones!

It's really not the same. That was doing something for a friend. The Batgirl Annual scene I am referring to, was something that let her reconnect, on a fundamental level, with her humanity.

Frank Quietly's faces look like potatoes and Asian.

Lost Quietly art discovered!

He would be really good at drawing potatoes.

Oh absolutely, the one in the annual is much more special to me.

They just released two new Frank Quitely inspired figures. Get your wallet ready, Cheska!

Frank Quitely Superman
Frank Quitely Wonder Woman

The circle jerk of awful opinions has commenced.

Messi

They just released two new Frank Quitely inspired figures. Get your wallet ready, Cheska!

Frank Quitely Superman
Frank Quitely Wonder Woman

I can't breathe

Gail is insanely active on Twitter. I've had a number of interactions with her. She is really cool about that kind of stuff. She was gushing over the fact that two of her characters were just made and are in the Deadpool Heroclix set, so I was able to find some images of them for her, which she seemed delighted by.

Yeah it was really nice of her to reply. She deserves all the praise she gets.

Yeah it was really nice of her to reply. She deserves all the praise she gets.

Has anyone read her Tomb Raider comic? I normally avoid those sort of tie in books (outside of my secret Ender's Game and Mass Effect shame) but with me growing into something of a minor Gail fan, I'm kind of curious if she has done anything interesting with it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I propose we split the thread into two threads, pro and anti Quitely. I think it might be the only way I can continue to post on GAF without getting banned when I eventually lose my shit again.

Messi

Has anyone read her Tomb Raider comic? I normally avoid those sort of tie in books (outside of my secret Ender's Game and Mass Effect shame) but with me growing into something of a minor Gail fan, I'm kind of curious if she has done anything interesting with it.

I hear it's well done but I've not finished Tomb Raider yet and I hear it picks up at the end of the game and leads to the sequel.

I propose we split the thread into two threads, pro and anti Quitely. I think it might be the only way I can continue to post on GAF without getting banned when I eventually lose my shit again.

But then you would lose me :(

Messi

Oh wow, that second issue of the new Detective Comics is really good. The art is capullo level and it's become and honest to goodness Detective book. How was their Flash run?

Should we try and make the threads separate but equal, while we're at it?

Don't make me go all Fourteenth Amendment on your Quitely potato head loving ass.

arkon

This is just a random post from you

right

DC isn't averse to cancelling trade collections. Starman omnibus in paperback is the most recent example that comes to mind, which they cancelled after 2 volumes. Those came after the Resurrection Man volume 1 trade as well. There's been no sightings of further volumes on any solicitations yet. And it's been 2 years.

Oh wow, that second issue of the new Detective Comics is really good. The art is capullo level and it's become and honest to goodness Detective book. How was their Flash run?

Good but not quite at Detective Comics level; Even with only two issues in you can tell that they are inspired with this particular storyline, or at least seem to be. That being said, the art in Flash was absolute fantastic, with some amazing layouts.

Also boochbag detective is good ?

Absolutely! Legit good.

hahahahahaha no. I only have one artist to get shirty about, he has an entire line of books to white knight, gotta be tiring.

<3

Messi

Other than Sandman and Promethea, what are good stories that JH Williams has worked on?

His art in Batwoman is stunning. Story is good too.

When people talk shit about quietly you can tell some of you are like this

1299530681729.gif

Truly one of my favorite reoccurring arguments.

Zombine

Banned
I want every single one of those DC Bombshell prints and I may be crazy enough to get them. Mera would be perfect framed in my bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom