• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nnnot really. It's always been one of my favorites from his New X-Men run, in context, actually. In that issue he really had some of his most fluid character work, not to mention the rad haircut he gives Emma in that issue.

It was also his first issue without the kind of inks that really tarnished the last issue of his first NXM arc. It's really a gorgeous issue.

Oh but wait, did you want to focus on .087% of the issue instead, the nose and mouth? (The eyes are pretty drastically different, considering the lack of discernible detail on the faces in that panel, the nose and mouth are the only things you could even generously consider identical).

Was the whole issue brought up? No I think just that panel, and in my post I even said, that's a bad panel, not that's a bad issue.

I disagree, the eyebrows are basically the same with minor changes, just their placement on the face has been moved. When it comes to the eyes they're actually pretty similar with the main difference being that the one face has 2 lines added to the eyes to represent the space above the lid. They're clearly based on the same shape and line drawings for the eyes though.

What really drives me crazy about that image though is the relationship between Emma's head and her neck. Her head is cocked at an angle that for me doesn't agree with the angle of her neck. The line of action should flow from head to neck, on her it feels like the neck is following one line of action while the head is cocked at another. It gives her head a disconnected feel, along side how long the neck is making her feel like a giraffe.

I think the fact that both of their heads are cocked at the exact same angle, while their bodies and necks are opposite of each other helps make it feel even more like it's copy and pasted. IMHO.

I'm not trying to get into this war, but to me that was a bad panel and I'm going to stand by the comment that that's a bad panel.

ComicGAF, give me some of your Twitter handles. I have a few of you but this twitter talk makes me realize I need more.

Mine is vyerweb

This only for Tumblr instead, since I'm fairly active on there and I know some of you guys are on there. I need more comic blogs to follow!

Penguin

This only for Tumblr instead, since I'm fairly active on there and I know some of you guys are on there. I need more comic blogs to follow!
Oh I'll whore myself out for both
On Tumblr, JustUsDucks (Darkwing Duck fan and that was taken)

ComicGAF, give me some of your Twitter handles. I have a few of you but this twitter talk makes me realize I need more.

Mine is vyerweb

And Twitter is @ER_NOTR though feel like follow you

Zombine

Banned
Every time I receive an IST shipment, you get the feeling that they truly care about your books and value you as a customer.

Amazon on the other hand couldn't give two fucks and ships your books in the equivalent of tissue paper. I have never received a book that wasn't battered by UPS or USPS.

How could they treat Power Girl like that? :(

Oh I'll whore myself out for both
On Tumblr, JustUsDucks (Darkwing Duck fan and that was taken)

And Twitter is @ER_NOTR though feel like follow you
Followed you!

Forgot to post it previously but my name on tumblr is ghettowarmachine
the "comics" tumblr isnt very good.

here's an example of a bad review:

http://comics.tumblr.com/post/85634473553/moon-knight-vol-5-3-in-this-issue-moon-knight

uses the word awesome, gives rating of what is basically average.

This is gold

Since I was sleeping and studying through most of the recent discussions:
Quietly is an amazing artist, but all of his faces are puffy. That doesn't make him less amazing though. ASS is the Superman to end all Supermans.
I get that people don't like his art, but Quietly is by no conceivable means a bad artist.

Also, MTMTE comes out this week, making this the greatest week of all time by default.
TF_MTMTE_28_cvrSUB_1396040008.jpg
EVERYONE SHOULD BE READING THIS!

..ehem... my twitter handle is @pipecanalesh

Messi

Yay, Punisher and Black Widow team-up in both books! Bucky and Daredevil are also appearing in the second BW arc, thank you Edmondson!

This should hopefully shake things up a bit for people who aren't feeling the current arcs (I love both though).

I am really enjoying Black Widow.

Edit: I see on Amazon that Harley Quinns first volume hardcover comes out in October and is issue #0-8. Over delivering on that value.

Yay, Punisher and Black Widow team-up in both books! Bucky and Daredevil are also appearing in the second BW arc, thank you Edmondson!

This should hopefully shake things up a bit for people who aren't feeling the current arcs (I love both though).

This was mentioned a couple pages back, but this makes me really happy. I'm loving both titles and figured it was only a matter of time before they crossed over.

Baller as fuck covers too:

Zombine

Banned
I get the Pulido look when I'm the only dude picking up Inhumans, but how can you miss out on that train wreck? It's all happening in slow motion and I don't want to miss a minute of it.

I asked the woman who runs the LCS near me when the new Hawkeye is coming out and she told me to not even ask cause no one has an idea what's going on with that.

I am done with that book and I'm (finally) done with Fraction too. There is nothing that irks me more than a writer consistently failing at his job. Constant delays are a slap in the face to the readership. I'm going to replace Hawkeye with a book written by someone who can be bothered to meet a deadline.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I am done with that book and I'm (finally) done with Fraction too. There is nothing that irks me more than a writer consistently failing at his job. Constant delays are a slap in the face to the readership. I'm going to replace Hawkeye with a book written by someone who can be bothered to meet a deadline.

The art plays a big part in the delays.

I am done with that book and I'm done with Fraction too. There is nothing that irks me more than a writer consistently failing at his job. Constant delays are a slap in the face to the readership. I'm going to replace Hawkeye with a book written by someone who can be bothered to meet a deadline.

On time. Gorgeous art. Fun stories. If Hawkeye is a black comedy, Punisher is an action/crime thriller and Black Widow is a solemn and subdued espionage story. Edmondson nails the tone, and like Hawkeye, divorces it (mostly) from the MCU at large, while incorporating parts of the MU to make it feel part of the universe and completely stand-alone. Both actually feel like you could set them in the MCU no problem, but they fit in the comics just as well.

David Aja does beautiful art, but his work takes forever. I dunno if Fraction is late with the stories or what. I'd rather they just spin off a Lady Hawkeye title with Annie Wu doing art duties cause it seems like she can at least finish a fucking book every month.

Phil Noto and Mitch Gerads are able to hit their schedules no problem on these two titles so far.

Messi

Its Aja causing the delays no? None of Fractions other books seem to have delay problems.

On time. Gorgeous art. Fun stories. If Hawkeye is a black comedy, Punisher is an action/crime thriller and Black Widow is a solemn and subdued espionage story. Edmondson nails the tone, and like Hawkeye, divorces it (mostly) from the MCU at large, while incorporating parts of the MU to make it feel part of the universe and completely stand-alone. Both actually feel like you could set them in the MCU no problem, but they fit in the comics just as well.

Been on-board with this run of Punisher since #1. Can't see myself buying a Black Widow monthly no matter who's on creative.

Yeah New X-Men was a real slap in the face to me as a reader, with all those delays. I can't be bothered with quality, I want a consistent schedule above anything else.

Quality is for snobs, tbh. I want to show up on Wednesday with the books I want waiting for me.

Nowhere Men? More like NoThanks NotReading.

It's disrespectful to me as a reader, tbh, to care more about the quality of the story than when you promised to get it to me. Look at Ellis' Moon Knight! You don't even have to write all the panels! Just GET IT IN MY COMIXOLOGY SHOPPING CART.

Yeah New X-Men was a real slap in the face to me as a reader, with all those delays. I can't be bothered with quality, I want a consistent schedule above anything else.

Quality is for snobs, tbh. I want to show up on Wednesday with the books I want waiting for me.

Nowhere Men? More like NoThanks NotReading.

It's disrespectful to me as a reader, tbh, to care more about the quality of the story than when you promised to get it to me. Look at Ellis' Moon Knight! You don't even have to write all the panels! Just GET IT IN MY COMIXOLOGY SHOPPING CART.

I would never buy a digital comic.

tim1138

Creators just need to stop being so god damned lazy and quit wasting their time on the twitters and internets. Gimme my funny books dammit!

To each their own I guess. Reliably having a new issue is nice and all, but I'd prefer good writing and art anytime. I'd hate to see something I loved slowly slip into mediocrity. It definitely irks me when art becomes inconsistent, Aja reigns noticeably supreme over all of the guest artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom