• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

I voted C on that - the Crime Syndicate figures came out very well though I have my worries with them still using those shitty clear plastic pegs on everything.

Messi

Gah, I know I am late on this one but I don't care. This final arc of Superior Spidey is amping up the tension and it's killing me.
poor Carly btw

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I will eventually, yeah. If I had remembered it came out this week, my wife probably would gotten it for me as a birthday gift (my birthday is this week). Believe me, once I do get it I will post pictures galore.

Ah, nice. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures when you pick it up! And happy belated/early birthday!

Messi

I will eventually, yeah. If I had remembered it came out this week, my wife probably would gotten it for me as a birthday gift (my birthday is this week). Believe me, once I do get it I will post pictures galore.

Me too :), Friday May 16th .

Swhalen

Anybody here read Black Summer?
Just bought it. I was pretty hooked right away, finished it quickly.
The art is unreal. Juan José Ryp is phenomenal!

Starlight #3 - Thought this was an ongoing but it's a six issue mini.

Damn, I had no idea. It's really gotten off to a slow start considering.

I really feel Image could do a better job of indicating this. Some of their monthly solicits indicate "(of 6)" after the issue # while others do not. Another recent example is Dead Body Road.

Van

Got miracle man 1/4 coming tomorrow and moon knight 1/2 also! Then I got Thor god of thunder:god bomb iron man vol 2 new avengers vol 1 and 2 iron man vol 1 and 3 and Thor god of thunder vol 1 and 2! so hyped!

Zombine

Banned
I'm really hoping my store gets more than one Alex Ross X-Men poster this week. I got the only Daredevil one a month or so back. After this and the bombshell prints I'm cutting myself off.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Mark Millar doesn't do ongoing series anymore. Dude drops six shitty issues and then onto the next movie pitch.

Sentilly

Neo Member
I am SO excited for bee and puppycat coming out tomorrow!! :D

Man, I just read Batman Eternal #3 and on the white board in the police headquarters they have written Nightwing = Dick Grayson.
Do they explain this in any of the other books? Surely it'll be easy to say Bruce is Batman.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Man, I just read Batman Eternal #3 and on the white board in the police headquarters they have written Nightwing = Dick Grayson.
Do they explain this in any of the other books? Surely it'll be easy to say Bruce is Batman.

Forever Evil. Everybody knows Dick is Nightwing and he almost died/maybe metaphorically dies/fakes his death? Which is why he's getting a new series where he goes undercover-- Grayson.

I just re-read the first two issues of Ghost Rider in preparation for tomorrow's issue and man, it's sooooo good so far. Really excited to see some answers in tomorrow's issue.

Did y'all know that Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson used to be Married!!!? :p

Latest collection batch, finally got the last volume of this Best of Spider-Man HC series today.

It collects about the first fifty or so issues of JMS Spider-Man. This was like the first run of ASM that I read and I really look forward to going through it again.

diaspora

IMO it's pretty clear Otto will dig his heels into his original Dr. Octopus identity since the new SSM ongoing is going to end with him screaming "You haven't heard the last of Dr-". Though I am curious as to how they'll get there.

Did y'all know that Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson used to be Married!!!? :p

Well, I had successfully forgotten until now -_-

Edit: Has anyone received their Amazing Spider-Man from PowerUpRewards?

Not yet. But I did get a shipping notification the other day. I've got two copies coming.

In other news, I hope tomorrow's Walking Dead is awesome. If they just drop the story with Rick & the gang to focus on a new group located elsewhere, i'll be extremely happy.

Remember that Bruce Wayne came out as funding Batman and Batman Incorporated. That means that any links to other Batman family characters can be explained away by that connection.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah New X-Men was a real slap in the face to me as a reader, with all those delays. I can't be bothered with quality, I want a consistent schedule above anything else.

Quality is for snobs, tbh. I want to show up on Wednesday with the books I want waiting for me.

Nowhere Men? More like NoThanks NotReading.

It's disrespectful to me as a reader, tbh, to care more about the quality of the story than when you promised to get it to me. Look at Ellis' Moon Knight! You don't even have to write all the panels! Just GET IT IN MY COMIXOLOGY SHOPPING CART.

I'm sure we had this fight a few weeks ago too, opinions fell along the ideological lines you'd expect them to. Come on people, surprise me!

ARE YOU FEELING IT NOW MR,CHESKA
ARE YOU FEEEEEEEEEELING IT NOW?

YOU DUN FU'D UP PAUL.

I'm sure we had this fight a few weeks ago too, opinions fell along the ideological lines you'd expect them to. Come on people, surprise me!

[Ominous Music]

[Smarmy Narrator] Jedeeeeye wants comic book flip floppers.

Can our children afford people who won't stand up for principles or potato apologists?

fcuk

Found a copy of Superman - Red Sun a few minutes ago in my room.
I need to stop Amazon-ing at night.
Also, I'mma read it. What should I expect?
it's actually great. Fitting way to cap off the page, i think, with praise for a good Millar book back before he realized he could make a career off of an entirely different medium. and shock value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom