• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Lantern Corps #31:

Shiiiieeeeeet just got ruul. First appearance of
Sodom Yat
in the New 52. Looks like the
Durlan's
have designs on
Daxam
, they want to consume their DNA so they can mimic their forms, which would make them pretty much unstoppable.
Glad it's picking up.

So Michael Fiffe was a false prophet?

I think I mentioned this before. I respect what Sandman is, what it did for the comics medium, but it's not my cup of tea and I just couldn't get into it.

Started up Remender's Captain America last night. I think this is my least favorite Remender book at Marvel....though, that's not really saying much. It's still a lot of fun, and reminds me a great deal of Black Science in tone and story. He's kind of an odd fit for the character.

I see Messi stabbed a sacred cow.

Bii

Soon you will figure out that not everyone loves the same things as you :p

Going back a few pages, sorry I missed your post about wanting the digital codes to Infinity. You still want them? I'm also sure I have the other titles that was recommended for reading such as Avengers, New Avengers and Avengers Assemble.

Started up Remender's Captain America last night. I think this is my least favorite Remender book at Marvel....though, that's not really saying much. It's still a lot of fun, and reminds me a great deal of Black Science in tone and story. He's kind of an odd fit for the character.

I see Messi stabbed a sacred cow.

Dimension Z was amazing .

SRG01

I think it might have been from when the time gem shattered at the start of the run, like an echo down through time. It was a bit fuzzy though. And now
another Marvel alternate future story! How many of these are going right now??

Well, time travel is a major factor in many Marvel books, so I expect them to keep going with this theme for a couple more years. Personally, I'm trying to figure out if New Avengers ties in with Uncanny Avengers at all...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, time travel is a major factor in many Marvel books, so I expect them to keep going with this theme for a couple more years. Personally, I'm trying to figure out if New Avengers ties in with Uncanny Avengers at all...

No it doesn't, entirely different causality. Marvel is very much headed towards a timestream event. Uncanny blew up the earth, doesn't sync up with Avengers at all.

Messi

I think I mentioned this before. I respect what Sandman is, what it did for the comics medium, but it's not my cup of tea and I just couldn't get into it.

Yep, I didn't shit talk it. It simply wasn't for me. Much like All Star Superman or numerous other books. I respect what they did and that people love them. But they aren't for me.

New brubaker Phillips joint

THE FADE OUT

thefadeout_01_web72.jpg

aAn intricate and groundbreaking crime story on a level Brubaker and Phillips have never before, THE FADE OUT weaves a tangled web through the underbelly of a 1948 Hollywood... A noir film stuck in endless reshoots. A writer plagued with nightmares from the war and a dangerous secret. An up-and-coming starlet's suspicious death. And a maniacal studio mogul and his security chief who will do anything to keep the cameras rolling before the Post-War boom days come crashing down. THE FADE OUT is the most ambitious series yet from the award-winning Noir Masters.

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/brubaker-and-phillips-blast-into-the-fade-out

arkon

The problem with Afterlife with Archie is that I'm sick of zombies. Not even Francavilla art could get me to read it at this point in time.

frye

Post-Dimension Z Cap is really disappointing and the second most racist comic I've read recently (second only to Wally Wood's CANNON, which is kind of amazing in every way)

Messi

Going back a few pages, sorry I missed your post about wanting the digital codes to Infinity. You still want them? I'm also sure I have the other titles that was recommended for reading such as Avengers, New Avengers and Avengers Assemble.

Yeah if you have no use for them I still haven't been able to read them. I only have the first Avengers arc.

Hagi

Flash gets a costume but none of the villains? Lame

Apart from Zoom there's only one other villain in the trailer and he's more than likely the first metahuman Barry encounters post powers. Arrow doesn't shy away from costumed villains so I'm sure Flash won't either.

Not a fan of Leather Flash myself.

fauxtrot

Banned
Got a little past the 1/3rd point in Fear Agent Vol. 6 last night...
old man
Heath is my favorite Heath. I'll be bummed when this story finally comes to a close, but it looks like it'll have one hell of a satisfying finale.

frye

Wow, really? I'm kinda insanely curious why you'd say that. Feel free to spoil.

whoa wait what how

The politics of the book are seriously outdated - it's a Cold War east vs west narrative that, because we live in 2014 - replaces anxieties about the Soviet Union with anxieties about China. Ran Shen a dragon-powered super-commie who is basically Fu Manchu with a shorter moustache and he literally has a secret base inside the Great Wall. Yellow Peril redux except they didn't even bother to update it for the 21st century. Remender's not totally unaware - that's why he makes Ran Shen an American-born defector - but that shit is just window dressing tbh

Wood's Cannon traffics in similarly dubious politics (dragon ladies, Soviet spies, Neo-Nazis, and let's not even talk about the misogyny) and the fact that I'm more okay with it maybe speaks more towards me, but I think the sheer crassness of it makes it work in a way a Captain America comic never can.

The politics of the book are seriously outdated - it's a Cold War east vs west narrative that, because we live in 2014 - replaces anxieties about the Soviet Union with anxieties about China. Ran Shen a dragon-powered super-commie who is basically Fu Manchu with a shorter moustache and he literally has a secret base inside the Great Wall. Yellow Peril redux except they didn't even bother to update it for the 21st century. Remender's not totally unaware - that's why he makes Ran Shen an American-born defector - but that shit is just window dressing tbh

Wood's Cannon traffics in similarly dubious politics (dragon ladies, Soviet spies, Neo-Nazis, and let's not even talk about the misogyny) and the fact that I'm more okay with it maybe speaks more towards me, but I think the sheer crassness of it makes it work in a way a Captain America comic never can.

Oh, that.

I thought you meant Dimension Z.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Although I've used the phrase in a joking manner before, this time I really mean it: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. I have yet to encounter a disappointment from the Bru/Phillips-dreamteam.

It's nice that all those announced Image series are actually coming out in the announced timeframes.

It's also extraordinary that Image is debuting at least 2-3 awesome books a month. My list of ongoings just keeps growing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally got the Death of the Family Tradepaperback.

So excited to read all this great stuff, just to wait untile November when Year Zero finally releases -,-

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
just read transformer mtme and I got a question?
was that corpse rodimus?

Got a little past the 1/3rd point in Fear Agent Vol. 6 last night...
old man
Heath is my favorite Heath. I'll be bummed when this story finally comes to a close, but it looks like it'll have one hell of a satisfying finale.

Yep its still my favorite Remender story

Bii

Yeah if you have no use for them I still haven't been able to read them. I only have the first Avengers arc.

Alright, I'll send you a PM later tonight.

The Punisher #5

14191199212_0f1974e3fd_o.jpg

I have to admit, I haven't read Rucka's run on Punisher. With that said, I'm enjoying what I'm getting from Edmondson. It's basically Frank Castle just blowing shit up, which makes for pretty art. Oh, and I like Electro. One would think he can easily overpower Frank but that doesn't seem to be the case so far.

14007087698_994bb26075_o.jpg
14007105890_df54d92659_o.jpg

I do find it strange that after
Domino
jumps out of the helicopter, nothing happens with that person thereafter. Or did I miss something? Also, the build up to something happening to
Tuggs was absolutely nothing
. Disappointing, to say the least. :/

14170604286_1a5682055d_o.jpg

So who wants the code to Punisher #5? I also have Punishers #1-4 but I'm at work right now, so I can give those codes out later today.

Hagi

Alright, I'll send you a PM later tonight.

The Punisher #5

I have to admit, I haven't read Rucka's run on Punisher. With that said, I'm enjoying what I'm getting from Edmondson. It's basically Frank Castle just blowing shit up, which makes for pretty art. Oh, and I like Electro. One would think he can easily overpower Frank but that doesn't seem to be the case so far.

I do find it strange that after
Domino
jumps out of the helicopter, nothing happens with that person thereafter. Or did I miss something? Also, the build up to something happening to
Tuggs was absolutely nothing
. Disappointing, to say the least. :/

14170604286_1a5682055d_o.jpg

So who wants the code to Punisher #5? I also have Punishers #1-4 but I'm at work right now, so I can give those codes out later today.

Wouldn't mind the code for 5 haven't got round to that issue yet. Loving what Edmondson is doing with Natasha and Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom