• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
Image can do no wrong at this point... whoever they've got "greenlighting" all these great books is a serious asset to the company.

Bii, I like the photos you include in your reviews... very classy.

arkon

How long is this Uncanny X-Force Omnibus going to be readily available?

It says it just came out in March so I imagine a while but I want to be sure.

I'm trying to figure out what my next order is going to be and want to know if I can hold off for a few months for it or not.

Difficult to say.

If you've got the money for it and can find it for an agreeable price I'd say go for it now. That is if you absolutely have to have it in the omnibus format. They're releasing that run in some meatier paperbacks later in the year.

Messi

Difficult to say.

If you've got the money for it and can find it for an agreeable price I'd say go for it now. That is if you absolutely have to have it in the omnibus format. They're releasing that run in some meatier paperbacks later in the year.

Oh? I hadn't heard that.

Is Deadpool in this and if so is he in much of it?

arkon

First volume of that complete collection is due for August and the second volume is down for December in Marvel's preview catalogue. But they aren't oversized.

Awesome, I was gonna get the omni down the line but I'll just wait for those.

Do that. Great series, but I kept my hardcover volumes as opposed to getting the omnibus. Dat cheap paper turned me off, plus some of the Marvel omnibus volumes are a bit unwieldy to read. Though I imagine they would make great murder weapons.

Difficult to say.

Ooooh. Can't turn down paperback.

Will wait. Thanks for telling me that.

Cheska

YES! Love this so damn much!

z1uujNN.jpg

Does anyone know WHY FIOS is killing Comixolgy download speeds? I'm pretty damn pissed at this point. Feel like my whole collection is useless and, based on what Comixolgy is saying, it doesn't seem likely to be fixed soon. I almost want a refund on my entire catalog at this point.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I don't know what they're thinking putting a mask on the Punisher. Who needs peripheral vision, right? Maybe it's for the two people who don't know his identity and haven't heard of Google.

Dimension Z was amazing .

Amazingly try-hard.
Remender so desperately wants to do weird, but he has no imagination. It's like his shit is written with Mad Libs and a D20. He should get on the staff of Family Guy.

Messi

I don't know what they're thinking putting a mask on the Punisher. Who needs peripheral vision, right? Maybe it's for the two people who don't know his identity and haven't heard of Google.

Amazingly try-hard.
Remender so desperately wants to do weird, but he has no imagination. It's like his shit is written with Mad Libs and a D20. He should get on the staff of Family Guy.

Yeah... But it looks cool.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah... But it looks cool.

Maybe he wants to look less scary. That rough, no-fucks-given mug has to put people on edge. That silly mask might give people a false sense of security, or even hope that it's not really him, lol.

Wool

I'm considering buying the first volume of the following trades. I've never read any of these series:

Saga
East of West
The Manhattan Projects

Only cause of the critical acclaim they get. I pretty much know nothing about them. What other trades should I look into? I prefer current ongoings not in danger of cancelation. Also, why they are awesome. Nothing too enmeshed in the major DC or Marvel universes.

Sticking to the theme of recent Image comics Sci-Fi ongoings, you should get Prophet Vol. 1. It's amazing. It's really cheap too, $5.79 on instocktrades.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ASM #2 Preview

Peter decking Cap is honestly all I want and need from this.

he needs to direct that anger at a lot more people. someone was riding his skin for a while, and noone seemed to care or notice it wasnt him until the end? i would be tearing ass all over new york

I know you're not a scalper but this done on a greater scale is why I missed out on that cover. I was so close to being able to cash my Points in too.

Gamestop set the two-copy limit. They did the same thing with the Brian Wood Star Wars #1, and that one was selling for a pretty penny on ebay, too. What will be interesting is to see what the price does in a few months. Will it stabilize or go higher?

diaspora

he needs to direct that anger at a lot more people. someone was riding his skin for a while, and noone seemed to care or notice it wasnt him until the end? i would be tearing ass all over new york

Well, I dunno about
all over New York.
Spider-Man is by far and large an enigma/mystery to most of NYC, no one really knows who he is. The Avengers though? That's some real shit there. Logan at least noticed something was seriously wrong with him even though he was talked out of investigating further.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Well, I dunno about
all over New York.
Spider-Man is by far and large an enigma/mystery to most of NYC, no one really knows who he is. The Avengers though? That's some real shit there. Logan at least noticed something was seriously wrong with him even though he was talked out of investigating further.

by all over new york i meant all the superheroes in new york that only thought he was being a dick. cyclops and logan were the only ones to put it together themselves

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm also in O'side. I live by Pendleton but not where the fires were. Which mall, if you don't mind saying? I heard Plaza Camino Real was an evac site.

The shop is Toy Wars. It's my favorite of the local ones.

Oh nice! Very close to me then. What a small world! It's nice to have a neighbor in the comics thread.

The Carlsbad Outlets. Supposedly there was a fire even closer to the outlet mall today (right by the Costco off Palomar Airport Road is what I heard, but that could very easily be misinformation) but we didn't close for that one. It was not surprisingly a very slow day though. Haha

And cool! I'll definitely have to check it out sometime. I still haven't been to that comic shop in Oceanside by the pier though. It looks like such a sad little place...

Messi

Shutter #2: What the fuck did I just read? That was complete and utter madness in comic book form. What. Tiger Lawyers, Ninja Ghosts, Robots and so much more. Had me rolling. Oh and the pet cat is amazing and adorable.
the panel with him lying on his stomach and elbows reading a cat magazine was amazing.

"I hope you like the band aid. I picked it out on my very own" loooool

Tell me someone else read this. Please, I think I might be high as fuck. What.

Zombine

Banned
What will be interesting is to see what the price does in a few months. Will it stabilize or go higher?

Man they're pretty worthless already. You should probably just let me have the second one :p

In all honesty? It'll probably become a $10-30 book. It was at it's highest a while ago.

Do that. Great series, but I kept my hardcover volumes as opposed to getting the omnibus. Dat cheap paper turned me off, plus some of the Marvel omnibus volumes are a bit unwieldy to read. Though I imagine they would make great murder weapons.

I read the first... 20ish issues I think? I loved the series but I just kind of got sidetracked. I was waiting for the omni but stuff came up so I just never got it lol. I heard a lot of complaints about the paper quality in the Infinity omnibus so I figured I should just wait and see. I'd rather read a paperback anyways so I guess it works out.

Is everyone's birthday today?? Happy birthday timmy and Messi!

tim1138

Birthday was today and my wife got me that sweet Rocketeer: The Complete Adventures hardcover from IDW. I'll post pictures of it later this weekend, it's super nice. She also got me the Laika graphic novel by Nick Abadzis, I'm really looking forward to giving that a read.

Messi

Birthday was today and my wife got me that sweet Rocketeer: The Complete Adventures hardcover from IDW. I'll post pictures of it later this weekend, it's super nice. She also got me the Laika graphic novel by Nick Abadzis, I'm really looking forward to giving that a read.

tumblr_m49st0Ij0z1r0ghgko1_500.jpg

Zombine

Banned

Happy Birthday both Tim & Messi!

Is that the Hardcover with the touched up art?

Edit: anyone want to make any suggestions for an avatar for myself? It can be stupid as hell I don't even care.

Happy Birthday!

I've never heard of that Laika book. What is it about?

Vibranium

Banned
The politics of the book are seriously outdated - it's a Cold War east vs west narrative that, because we live in 2014 - replaces anxieties about the Soviet Union with anxieties about China. Ran Shen a dragon-powered super-commie who is basically Fu Manchu with a shorter moustache and he literally has a secret base inside the Great Wall. Yellow Peril redux except they didn't even bother to update it for the 21st century. Remender's not totally unaware - that's why he makes Ran Shen an American-born defector - but that shit is just window dressing tbh

Wood's Cannon traffics in similarly dubious politics (dragon ladies, Soviet spies, Neo-Nazis, and let's not even talk about the misogyny) and the fact that I'm more okay with it maybe speaks more towards me, but I think the sheer crassness of it makes it work in a way a Captain America comic never can.

The thing is, Winter Soldier The Bitter March is so good, because Shen is way less racist as a good guy agent. I can totally see where you're coming from though, Dr. Mindbubble is superior in every way in my opinion. I can't wait until Iron Nail is over and done with, then Remender can tell the modern-day Bucky and Cap arc he keeps hinting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom