• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I just realized that I haven't actually read anything at all by Bendis...

I do plan to make his Daredevil run one of my next purchases though.

Zombine

Banned
I just realized that I haven't actually read anything at all by Bendis...

I do plan to make his Daredevil run one of my next purchases though.

He isn't half as bad as he's made out to be. There are far, far worse. His Daredevil run is top shelf stuff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bendis is isn't underrated or overrated, he's just rated. He puts out some solid stuff and I have few complaints. I like my All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. He just holds down the fort until better writers come along.

He's like a piece of pizza; even shitty pizza is good pizza.

Spoken like someone who has never had good pizza.

Zombine

Banned
Me too! Which makes me a more shocked you said that. I was in DC recently and got some pizza for lunch and it was no better than whole wheat toast with pizza stuff on it.

Nice!!!!!

But seriously, he isn't THAT bad. He's farm from perfect but he's no Kelly Sue DeConnic.

God damn Justice League United is GREAT.

McKone has really loosened up his style to the perfect degree. Also love the color approach. More of this please.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Thanks for convincing me to read Seven Soldiers and Rat Queens, GAF. Now I just need to look up an analysis of Seven Soldiers so I can find out all the references I missed

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Thanks for convincing me to read Seven Soldiers and Rat Queens, GAF. Now I just need to look up an analysis of Seven Soldiers so I can find out all the references I missed
Are you now wondering why Klarion isn't used more often in stories or in his own rad ongoing with Frazer Irving on art?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Are you now wondering why Klarion isn't used more often in stories or in his own rad ongoing with Frazer Irving on art?

Yes, though my first real exposure to the character was his Young Justice version as a lord of chaos (who I first found out about in The Sandman <3 Shivering Jemmy), which I also loved.

I also really liked the Bulleteer story and Guardian + the Newsboy Army story made me smile. Subway pirates.

Also I see Morrison still struggling against Moore for some reason.

Vibranium

Banned
He isn't half as bad as he's made out to be. There are far, far worse. His Daredevil run is top shelf stuff.

Oh no question, Bendis is fantastic at Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil and street heroes. The man shouldn't be given big team books or cosmic stuff, that's all.

His Daredevil is amazing. I just want him off GotG so we can have a writer who pays more attention to the DnA characterization and who does something with Rich Rider (why the hell is Gamora not upset over him being gone?). I know his Guardians at the moment is ok, but we need someone with more ambition.

Vibranium

Banned
HAHAHAHAHA OH FUCK

CAPTAIN AMERICA #20

REMENDER WHAT IS THIS

IS THIS MADNESS

Yeah, it's just freaking crazy (in a good way) at this point. I do want a better villain than Iron Nail though, I hope we see Strucker and perhaps Zemo at some point.

Though was anyone else super furious that
Nick Fury wasn't in Steve's dream state, but Johnson was? I'm so tired of Remender trying to make Junior out as a friend to Cap.

Rnr1224

started reading the Guardians of the Galaxy (V. 3) and im really liking it so far. I never even heard of the team before the movie was announced, so im trying to catch up before the movie comes out in August.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Bendis is isn't underrated or overrated, he's just rated. He puts out some solid stuff and I have few complaints. I like my All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. He just holds down the fort until better writers come along.

He's like a piece of pizza; even shitty pizza is good pizza.

I read up through the third trade for all new x-men. It wasn't bad, especially comparing it to the AvX stuff that it was born out of. Battle of the Atom wasn't as awful as some made it out to be, but I will say I'm just happy to be able to switch to amazing x-men or something.

Cheska

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TIM AND MESSI!!! High five fellow May bros, my birthday is Monday but we're celebrating tomorrow by going to local con :D Can't fucking wait to meet Greg Rucka and Terry Moore.

Messi

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TIM AND MESSI!!! High five fellow May bros, my birthday is Monday but we're celebrating tomorrow by going to local con :D Can't fucking wait to meet Greg Rucka and Terry Moore.

Thank you mucho Cheska. Rucka is awwwwwwsome.

Zombine

Banned
Bendis on GOTG is garbage with the exception of Trial of Jean Grey. Battle of the Atom is one of those events that we'll look back on as not being horrible once the final payoff hits. I still consider it as an ongoing event as well.

Gartooth

started reading the Guardians of the Galaxy (V. 3) and im really liking it so far. I never even heard of the team before the movie was announced, so im trying to catch up before the movie comes out in August.

The movie is inspired by Abnett and Lannings 2008 run on the team which I can't recommend enough.

Anytime Bendis and Maleev work together, magic happens.

As for Bendis himself, I think he's great. If there's a problem he has, it's that his writing is extremely formulaic. But that's an entirely different thing than being a bad writer. Which again, Bendis is not.

Zombine

Banned
Justice League United was pretty cool. The Animal Man / Green Arrow dynamic is fun and seeing Stargirl kick ass is great too.

That Martian Manhunter Stargirl hug was the best panel in the book
because he's grabbing her boob. Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed that.

I'm really enjoying that book so far though.

I just picked up The Amazing Spider-Man #1 reboot, I enjoyed it. But it was over too quick! And the digital code didn't work... What's up with that?

Vibranium

Banned
I like how people are dissing Bendis and saying he writes shitting team books, and yet his All New X-men is fantastic!

Hmm, I was just thinking about finally getting into the Xmen actually. So Bendis' ANXM is actually pretty good? I was hearing bad stuff about his Battle of the Atom event though. I currently am reading Uncanny Avengers.

What runs would you guys recommend? Start with Claremont or someone else?

Zombine

Banned
I just picked up The Amazing Spider-Man #1 reboot, I enjoyed it. But it was over too quick! And the digital code didn't work... What's up with that?

Did you make sure you didn't enter O's as Zeroes and S's as Fives? Try once more and if it doesn't work you can send Marvel an email about bad codes and they'll get back to you in about 12 hours with a working code.

Bendis's HoM and Disassembled was shit. And no it isn't thanks to Bendis we got the Avengers.

His Avengers wouldn't of included Hawkeye/Black Widow and Wanda/Pietro either.

Come on.

Bendis's UXM/ANXM of what I read of it is how can I troll other writers and fanbases the most?

That shit got stupid as soon as Kitty Pryde gave an anti racist pro mutant speech.

Sorry that is damn stupid for the xenophobe to give an anti hate speech.

Did you make sure you didn't enter O's as Zeroes and S's as Fives? Try once more and if it doesn't work you can send Marvel an email about bad codes and they'll get back to you in about 12 hours with a working code.

Haha yes, I tried about ten times with all possible different combinations like that. Nothing.

Kitty Pryde really should be the last person to give that speech, considering she did a very similar one back in the day

jPO9CNSSZu8c4.jpg

Also, Kitty sure loves to drop the N-word

Are there any comics that detail heroes when they're old/retiring/whatever similar to Dark Knight Returns and Old Man Logan?

Cuz I need to add more to my wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom