• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Bendis trashed the Avengers original identity to make it Marvel's Justice League.

So yeah, I'll probably be in the corner whining about what he does to GotG for the next few years.

Tizoc

Superman: Doomed #1 just didn't catch my interest.
At all. I feel like an outsider here, most of the books you guys like just seem boring to me.

Rat Queens is fuck-awesome though.

Also my fav. Bendis stuff he did on Marvel are New Avengers & Daredevil.

Dark Avengers...good...you mean how he rode Ellis's Thunderbolts except crappier and shitted on a lot of characters.

Come on now.

Gargan Venom going from terrifying monster to sniveling coward.

Or his Moonstone.

Still makes me cringe.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Are there any comics that detail heroes when they're old/retiring/whatever similar to Dark Knight Returns and Old Man Logan?

Cuz I need to add more to my wishlist.

Marvel's "Earth X" by Jim Krueger/John Paul Leon/Alex Ross. It details a distant future where everyone in the world has superpowers, and thus making superheroes irrelevant.

Bullseye was great

dark-avengers-4.jpg

Also Daken

multivac

At all. I feel like an outsider here, most of the books you guys like just seem boring to me.

You just need to make it to Superman/Wonder Woman #8. Makes it all worth it!

Wool

What books do you like?

Tizoc

What books do you like?

Well atm my fav. series include:
Megaman
Sonic comics
Transformers MTMTE and RiD
Rat Queens
Daredevil
Chew
Atomic Robo
Hellboy (forgot to read in Hell #6! Will read it later today)

That's it off the top of my head atm.

Zombine

Banned
How does Bendis write so much each month. He has lots of series right? Charles Soule too.

That could be a reason why some books take priority over others. Marvel should just leave him on X-Men and get him as far away from Guardians as possible.

Soule on the other hand is one of the hardest working writers in comics. He's always pretty good. He even tried his best to not make Inhuman suck (if that was even him.)

Messi

That could be a reason why some books take priority over others. Marvel should just leave him on X-Men and get him as far away from Guardians as possible.

Soule on the other hand is one of the hardest working writers in comics. He's always pretty good. He even tried his best to not make Inhuman suck (if that was even him.)

The next question then should have have to be, is Soule actually a person?

Y'all acting like Bendis is some shitty writer when I'm over her reading Nocenti Catwoman. Spoiled brats.

The next question then should have have to be, is Soule actually a person?

Y'all acting like Bendis is some shitty writer when I'm over her reading Nocenti Catwoman. Spoiled brats.

The second Google result for "Ann Nocenti Catwoman" is "Ann Nocenti off Catwoman".

How does N52
Ragdoll
compare to the old universe version?

Mmm. This one is
two parts creepy, one part eccentric, one part playful, a little flirtatious, and seems to have a fondness for monkeys. After his fight with Batgirl, he ends up killing his employer because he didn't tell him that his company were testing on monkeys and he happens to like monkeys. He also didn't kill Barbara' roommate when he could have, just knocking her out instead. Seems less pure villain and more merc for hire.

tim1138

Mmm. This one is
two parts creepy, one part eccentric, one part playful, a little flirtatious, and seems to have a fondness for monkeys. After his fight with Batgirl, he ends up killing his employer because he didn't tell him that his company were testing on monkeys and he happens to like monkeys. He also didn't kill Barbara' roommate when he could have, just knocking her out instead. Seems less pure villain and more merc for hire.

Sounds a lot like
how he was in Secret Six then
, nice.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thanks for convincing me to read Seven Soldiers and Rat Queens, GAF. Now I just need to look up an analysis of Seven Soldiers so I can find out all the references I missed

Awesome, I'm sorry I was bitchy before :) I loved Seven Soldiers but it's definitely regarded as one of Morrison's more out-there works. The good news is that means you can read anything now.

This was a great week for comics for me. I think my only (mild) disappointment was Worlds' Finest. Everything else was stellar and nothing ended up on the backlog. In general, almost all of my books are enjoyable right now, the only ones I need to catch up on and see how they are doing is Red Hood and the Outlaws and Birds of Prey. Most of the week books have been weeded out and have left behind (to me) quality.

tim1138

Thanks for convincing me to read Seven Soldiers and Rat Queens, GAF. Now I just need to look up an analysis of Seven Soldiers so I can find out all the references I missed

How great was Seven Soldiers? I'm glad you took the plunge, that is such a great series.

Owzers

what's the best way to spend my $5 comixology credit? Has anyone read High Crimes from monkeybrain? Issue #1 was decent. I would get Harley but apparently it's really bad.

Messi

what's the best way to spend my $5 comixology credit? Has anyone read High Crimes from monkeybrain? Issue #1 was decent. I would get Harley but apparently it's really bad.

... What harley is really bad. Bullshit. Sillymonkey Pls, I thought we were cool.

Buy Saga vol 1 for 2 bucks

I think I might be interested in going all in on LoSH. Modern Day Levitz is souring....

Yeah I don't know what is up with him; he feels like he is just stuck in a holding pattern. I actually liked his New 52 Legion cause it was just a continuation of the old stuff, but as much as I want to love Worlds' Finest it is just OK.

Yeah I don't know what is up with him; he feels like he is just stuck in a holding pattern. I actually liked his New 52 Legion cause it was just a continuation of the old stuff, but as much as I want to love Worlds' Finest it is just OK.
I prefered the cast in Legion Lost and Pete Woods was on fire then. Next hope, Legion figures...

I prefered the cast in Legion Lost and Pete Woods was on fire then. Next hope, Legion figures...

The 3D cover for Justice League United Future's End shows Dawnstar. We know from the solicits the Legion is involved but I wonder if it's actually the return of Legion Lost instead.

And yeah, I enjoyed Lost. The Tellus issue in particular was pretty powerful.

I'm sorry I'll find any reason to talk about Legion. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom