• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Didn't WW used to do a lot of shit based out of Washington DC? Or am I remembering wrong.
I remember her being in DC during Rucka's run. She's also lived in Boston, and now is in London.

Wiki says her city is Gateway City, California. Which I've never really heard of, so I guess it just doesn't get used/doesn't exist anymore.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think Marvel will rather make a Crisis-eske Event rather than a Reboot.

AgAwzMF.jpg

Is this Carnage next to Doom?

Penguin

I remember her being in DC during Rucka's run. She's also lived in Boston, and now is in London.

Wiki says her city is Gateway City, California. Which I've never really heard of, so I guess it just doesn't get used/doesn't exist anymore.

HAha

Was researching her the other week due to "Wonder Woman is a tough nut to crack" stuff from DC, and yeah she doesn't have a ton of fixed details.

Her civilian life seems to vary (and doesn't exist anymore?)
Her hometown seems to change at a whim.
Her supporting cast is all over the place.

Which is why the new digital first could be interesting. Just going through much of her history in different ways

ReiGun

HAha

Was researching her the other week due to "Wonder Woman is a tough nut to crack" stuff from DC, and yeah she doesn't have a ton of fixed details.

Her civilian life seems to vary (and doesn't exist anymore?)
Her hometown seems to change at a whim.
Her supporting cast is all over the place.

Which is why the new digital first could be interesting. Just going through much of her history in different ways
DC would have been (and still would be) smart to start putting some guidelines in place with her. lol

Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, and the Amazons are the only constants in her supporting cast, so I expect them to show up regularly at least. Of course, even they get pushed aside pretty often, so yeah. Who knows where the digital series is gonna go story to story.

Chinner

Banned
i can confirm moon knight and punisher are good. wanna check out black widow. everything seems to have sexual feelings about hawk eye

Mr.Towel

Am I the only one annoyed that Justice League United #1 is actually the second issue of the story arc? If the #0 issue was so important to the series, then why didn't they just make that issue 1? It baffles me.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Birds of Prey, All-Star Western and Batwing are ending after issues #34.

Messi

Harley...Harley everywhere. It's like my dreams come true. Double shipping, my heart skipped a beat when you said Queen Nocenti was blessing Harley with her scripture. Thank fuck that is not true. Harley is also on the cover of the digital wonder woman book and birds of prey.

Read that Harley Quinn #9 solicit and tell me that doesn't sound like me. It's too perfect.

HARLEY QUINN #9
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by CHAD HARDIN
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
DC UNIVERSE SELFIE variant cover
On sale AUGUST 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
Shipping twice in August! When Harley fills in as a burlesque dancer, she kills it on the main stage – literally! But what happens when she gets caught by the cops and finds herself face to face with her most devoted stalker?!

Last issue of Birds of Prey? Seems like they have put that series to bed.

Catwomans solicit is so painfully Nocenti it's not even funny. Watch it be a monster in the end.

Gail Simone is writing the digital Wonder Woman book it seems. That is going to be awesome. Speaking of Gail Simone, is see they are using Batgirls awesome white and black outfit again. I love that. Great cover.

You know what I call solicit day? New phone wallpaper day.

So it's not just me :p

up until recently I had no idea if those three books were still running. if you'd told me they were all cancelled a year ago i'd've believed you

Messi

up until recently I had no idea if those three books were still running. if you'd told me they were all cancelled a year ago i'd've believed you

Even I dropped Birds of Prey and I love Batgirl.

Yah Korupt, some good stuff this month. Harley 9 cover, Batgirl, Batwoman by rafael albuquerque

Seems like Wonder Woman is finally getting her digital-first book.
Well, it looks like I'll be buying another DC book. I'll have to drop JL3000 just to keep things on the level, of course. ;)

Her first issue and she's already showing up Batman.

I think it comes from the ultimate dark/gritty/brooding Batman that people love.

Not that he shouldn't have some of those qualities. But always thought BTAS struck such a fine balance for him. Where he had some edge, but also had some humor to him. And his supporting cast were there to add even more levity instead of simply scolding him
The nightly patrols was weird to me too when I started reading comics. The animated stuff and the movies gave me the impression that Batman only comes around when a case requires his attention, not that he's out every night, stopping every bit of crime in Gotham. I mean, does the odd purse snatcher really require the attention of a guy who regularly fights the Joker?
That's more how I want to see Batman conduct himself. Gotham PD can handle the everyday stuff in a city that's not constantly "teetering on the edge," and Batman only gets called for the unusual crimes or unsolvable cases instead of making it his personal, insane quest to punch every drug dealer and pimp before sunrise.

Messi

You're a burlesque dancer?

Oh you!

I looked up Rafael Alb and Harley Quinn on google images to see if he had ever drawn her and I wish I hadn't.

Straight nightmare fuel:
tumblr_lj0ro3rd5L1qg8i80o1_1280.jpg

rafharle.jpg

Give me back Amanda Conner and Chad Hardin. Please I don't like scary Harley.

He would be perfect for Batwoman.

Solict reminded me of way's deadpool

Never understood what made her so popular

This is just my opinion, as someone who likes but doesn't love Harley. --- Harley Quinn is the embodiment of someone who decided, one day, to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, to just have fun, without any concerns or considerations about consequence. Living life for the moment without any regrets. It can be intellectually stimulating to immerse yourself in that concept.

Messi

This is just my opinion, as someone who likes but doesn't love Harley. --- Harley Quinn is the embodiment of someone who decided, one day, to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, to just have fun, without any concerns or considerations about consequence. Living life for the moment without any regrets. It can be intellectually stimulating to immerse yourself in that concept.

Couldn't have put it better

Messi

what have you done

What have I done now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom