• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion, as someone who likes but doesn't love Harley. --- Harley Quinn is the embodiment of someone who decided, one day, to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, to just have fun, without any concerns or considerations about consequence. Living life for the moment without any regrets. It can be intellectually stimulating to immerse yourself in that concept.
I see . Always thought she made the joker lame. He didn't need no sidekick .

Glad there is some more to her

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
AgAwzMF.jpg

Its good to see that remender is getting more responsibility at Marvel

I don't even...

Is this shit ridiculous good or ridiculous bad?

Uncanny Avengers started ridiculously bad, but has gotten progressively ridiculously good. Remender has a track record of taking 90s-as-fuck concepts like Venom and X-Force and spinning gold, so believe

So this Marvel event that's recently been advertised, "Time Runs Out". What's the consensus, reboot or not reboot?

This article seems to think it's going to be a reboot, which would make me sad, since even as a new reader, I really like the decades of continuity.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/19/time-runs-out-the-marvel-event-for-may-2015-avengers-to-skip-eight-months-in-september-and-a-full-marvel-reboottime-runs-out-the-marvel-event-for-may-2015-avengers-to-skip-eight-months-in-septe

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wooooooo. Got my books in the mail today! Batman Black Glove Deluxe, Waid Daredevil HCs 1 and 2, Nextwave, and all the ultimate collections of New X-Men and Astonishing X-Men. I'm very pleased.

Owzers

Harley Quinn vol 1 hardcover collecting 0-8....do i buy this and put my trust in Messi?

definitely in for Multiversity, i'm begrudgingly curious towards Green Lantern vol 5 hardcover, it's been awhile since i read that craziness.

Boogiepop

Just keep your eyes out for the IDW solicitations that come out each month. They're usually 2-3 months ahead. Don't think the August 2014 ones are out yet but July's are. Most comics sites will throw them up every month e.g. newsarama, cbr etc..

Had a quick google and found this: http://www.comicrelated.com/news/4514/idw-solicits-archive.

Awesome, thank you so much! This is pretty much exactly what I wanted. Interesting that they seem to be reprinting the early stuff for the ongoing again.

MG310

So this Marvel event that's recently been advertised, "Time Runs Out". What's the consensus, reboot or not reboot?

This article seems to think it's going to be a reboot, which would make me sad, since even as a new reader, I really like the decades of continuity.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/19/time-runs-out-the-marvel-event-for-may-2015-avengers-to-skip-eight-months-in-september-and-a-full-marvel-reboottime-runs-out-the-marvel-event-for-may-2015-avengers-to-skip-eight-months-in-septe

I think maybe a soft reboot. Hard to tell because who knows if they will be allowed to play with the characters Bendis is using in his X books.

ghostmind

I've been expecting a reboot every since Marvel started this whole "time is breaking/time is broken" plot. It's a bit exciting, but also worrying, as Marvel has managed to stay out of this reboot cycle for so long now, and without any prior experience they have the potential to really screw it up.

I think maybe a soft reboot. Hard to tell because who knows if they will be allowed to play with the characters Bendis is using in his X books.

Honestly, I'm really crossing my fingers that this is an elaborate troll, taking an enormous dig at DC in the process.

Mainly because I might break something if I don't get to see how Mark Waid's Hulk run ends.

Zombine

Banned
Oh. My. God. iZombie statue is mine. I am buying they all. Holy crap that is gorgeous!

I can't even contain myself right now. Between my Harley Statue in October, and this in November I feel a bit more complete as a comic fan. Do freaking want. More Allred merch the better.

Mr.Towel

Am I the only one who found the action in New Ulitmates #2 to be muddled and confusing? I had a hard time following a lot of the fights.

MG310

Honestly, I'm really crossing my fingers that this is an elaborate troll, taking an enormous dig at DC in the process.

Mainly because I might break something if I don't get to see how Mark Waid's Hulk run ends.

I think something might be in order for at least a few characters.

It would be nice if someone could actually write Scarlet Witch again without having to deal with House of M baggage (See every Rogue/Scarlet Witch interaction in Uncanny Avengers)..or Cyclops without the events of AVX.

Might be time to bring things back down to normal after the escalation of huge company wide events from the last 15 or so years. You don't need to "Change The Marvel Universe Forever!" (TM) to tell good stories with these characters.

I think something might be in order for at least a few characters.

It would be nice if someone could actually write Scarlet Witch again without having to deal with House of M baggage (See every Rogue/Scarlet Witch interaction in Uncanny Avengers)..or Cyclops without the events of AVX.

I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that hopes they'll run into a universe where the Bendis run of Guardians never happened and nab superior Peter Quill and Rocket to replace the cardboard cut-outs currently inhabiting 616.

Kipp

In Messi? Fuck no. But I can vouch for the book.

<3 u Messi.

I just realized that for all the talk the Harley comic gets around here, I know pretty much nothing of what it's about. I mean, I know who Harley is, but what's the premise of the comic? I might be convinced that I should buy the hardcover. I do like hardcovers.

Also, where's the solicit for that hardcover? I didn't see it when I was looking through them.

I just realized that for all the talk the Harley comic gets around here, I know pretty much nothing of what it's about. I mean, I know who Harley is, but what's the premise of the comic? I might be convinced that I should buy the hardcover. I do like hardcovers.

Also, where's the solicit for that hardcover? I didn't see it when I was looking through them.

Basic premise is:

Harley
gets willed the deed to a building / complex / sideshow attraction and decides to move in and try and run it along with its cast of characters. Throw in some Harleen Quinzel getting a job shenanigans and add being the target of a mysterious assassination contract. Many of the issues have her dealing with the latest assassin that shows up trying to collect on the bounty or helping out the people under her "care". It's been alot of fun.

Kipp

Basic premise is:

Harley
gets willed the deed to a building / complex / sideshow attraction and decides to move in and try and run it along with its cast of characters. Throw in some Harleen Quinzel getting a job shenanigans and add being the target of a mysterious assassination contract. Many of the issues have her dealing with the latest assassin that shows up trying to collect on the bounty. It's been alot of fun.

Thanks for that. The premise itself doesn't necessarily sell me on it, but you guys do seem to like it (even people other than Messi), so I'll definitely consider buying the hardcover when it comes out.

Thanks for that. The premise itself doesn't necessarily sell me on it, but you guys do seem to like it (even people other than Messi), so I'll definitely consider buying the hardcover when it comes out.

Yeah, no problem. I'll just add that it's basically the same sort of fun that their Power Girl run had with an extra dose of absurdity; You don't go in expecting anything ground breaking, but you have a good time reading it, and leave with a smile on your face.

It's a fun book. Not necessarily a book that leaves you thinking "holy shit, that was good."

Kipp

It's a fun book. Not necessarily a book that leaves you thinking "holy shit, that was good."

Yeah, no problem. I'll just add that it's basically the same sort of fun that their Power Girl run had with an extra dose of absurdity; You don't go in expecting anything ground breaking, but you have a good time reading it, and leave with a smile on your face.

I haven't read Power Girl either, but I'm all about fun books. Thanks, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom