• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voror

Huh, what's Loki doing with those guys? Did he go evil again already when I wasn't looking? I mean to read Uncanny Avengers at some point, but will likely wait for the inevitable Omnibus for the run even if it might be a while.

Would that Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus be worth picking up? Never read that story before and thus am curious about getting it.

Put it off for a while, but I may get that collection of the first 12 issues of the Deadpool run going now. Also considering preordering that collection of the Dragon Age comics if it's any good.

not sure how many people here read the Dark Tower comics but has there been any talk of an Omnibus 2?

i picked up the first one couple years ago and it was so good especially the companion with all the short stories and stuff.

PsychBat!

Banned
Would that Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus be worth picking up? Never read that story before and thus am curious about getting it.

I loved Infinity Gauntlet, my first foray into Cosmic Marvel and my first realization of how big the Marvel Universe really was. I recommend it. Get it if you're used to being terrified and awed. And being a fan of Thanos helps too. But if you weren't before, you'll definitely be after reading the event.

Finally got around to reading Sex Criminals. I picked up the collection of issues 1-5 on a whim at my local comic shop. Really enjoyed it. Interested to see where they go with it. Now time to catch up on SAGA.

Mr.Towel

Huh, what's Loki doing with those guys? Did he go evil again already when I wasn't looking? I mean to read Uncanny Avengers at some point, but will likely wait for the inevitable Omnibus for the run even if it might be a while.

In Loki: Agent of Asgard is seems to be trying to walk the straight and narrow but they seem to be playing around with it a lot. I'm really enjoying that series, it's really fun.

Basic premise is:

Harley
gets willed the deed to a building / complex / sideshow attraction and decides to move in and try and run it along with its cast of characters. Throw in some Harleen Quinzel getting a job shenanigans and add being the target of a mysterious assassination contract. Many of the issues have her dealing with the latest assassin that shows up trying to collect on the bounty or helping out the people under her "care". It's been alot of fun.

That sound exactly like hawkeye. Might check it out

Finally got around to reading Sex Criminals. I picked up the collection of issues 1-5 on a whim at my local comic shop. Really enjoyed it. Interested to see where they go with it. Now time to catch up on SAGA.

i had gotten the first issue since it was free on comixology and laughed my ass off at the first issue. picked up the rest the next day. very interesting book

Voror

I loved Infinity Gauntlet, my first foray into Cosmic Marvel and my first realization of how big the Marvel Universe really was. I recommend it. Get it if you're used to being terrified and awed. And being a fan of Thanos helps too. But if you weren't before, you'll definitely be after reading the event.

Will probably get it then. Thank you.

In Loki: Agent of Asgard is seems to be trying to walk the straight and narrow but they seem to be playing around with it a lot. I'm really enjoying that series, it's really fun.

Yes, I read the first few issues and quite liked it as well. I really dig when they go in on the whole idea of stories and perception affecting them. I've loved it since I first read a take on it in that Loki miniseries.

Zombine

Banned
I just spent the past hour or so bagging and boarding books. Last Wednesday I finally thought that my stack of floppies was getting too big so I bought those at the shop, but I figured that it was maybe like...I don't know...30 books.

Nope.

I just kept going and going and going and an hour later when I'm done and they're put away I see I only have maybe 5 boards and backs left out of 100. I don't know what I was thinking letting it get that bad. I just hate the cost for the maintenance stuff so I wait until they overflow.

tim1138

Lttp DC Solicits August 2014
-Definitely IN for Multiversity
-Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe ED 10/8
-The next Fables Deluxe release 10/1 :D
-That Green Arrow cover looks so goood

I cannot wait for that Punk Rock Jesus hardcover, that is one of my favorite limited series. I know for awhile Murphy wasn't sure it was going to get a deluxe edition release in the States (I want to say France got what is our deluxe edition instead of a tpb).

I just spent the past hour or so bagging and boarding books. Last Wednesday I finally thought that my stack of floppies was getting too big so I bought those at the shop, but I figured that it was maybe like...I don't know...30 books.

Nope.

I just kept going and going and going and an hour later when I'm done and they're put away I see I only have maybe 5 boards and backs left out of 100. I don't know what I was thinking letting it get that bad. I just hate the cost for the maintenance stuff so I wait until they overflow.

Haha. I bag and board my books as soon as I get home from the shop. What it takes me forever to do is actually sort them into boxes after I've read them. I'll end up doing 2-3 weeks worth of books at once.

I made a tough decision and decided to drop all my Marvel titles from my LCS pull and will now get them once a month from DCBS. Will still continue to go to the shop for DC and Image.

July alone is going to save me $25.

Zombine

Banned
Haha. I bag and board my books as soon as I get home from the shop. What it takes me forever to do is actually sort them into boxes after I've read them. I'll end up doing 2-3 weeks worth of books at once.

Way more motivation than I have man lol. I usually only start to do it when my girlfriend complains. It's the cost vs. actually wanting to do it that makes me stall. The price of some recycled paper and plastic is insane.

But I did have a little revelation while going through the piles...I have books that I just don't read. Miss Marvel and Captain Marvel (new vol.) just aren't getting read, and I wonder if I should drop those to pick up some awesome DC books instead.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
not sure how many people here read the Dark Tower comics but has there been any talk of an Omnibus 2?

i picked up the first one couple years ago and it was so good especially the companion with all the short stories and stuff.

I don't know much about the series/books, so I'm not 100% certain this is the followup omnibus or what it is, but this guy is coming out September 2nd: http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/s...r-the-gunslinger-omnibus-hc-slipcase-set.html

Give some thought to checking out Power Girl: Power Trip.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

Edit: Also, in my continuous excitement/anticipation for the release of Absolute Batman Inc, I totally forgot about the fact that it'll contain what is unarguably the best Batman issue ever! Woooooooooooooo: http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2011/08/bminc-85asskjdfhasd790.jpg

kswiston

I keep thinking about a potential Marvel reboot. On one hand they could clear out some serious baggage in the X-Books and Avengers family of titles. On the other hand, I wouldn't want them to do a ground up reworking like the ultimate universe, since that will inevitably degenerate into people retreading famous story arcs with a lame twist for several years.

I keep thinking about a potential Marvel reboot. On one hand they could clear out some serious baggage in the X-Books and Avengers family of titles. On the other hand, I wouldn't want them to do a ground up reworking like the ultimate universe, since that will inevitably degenerate into people retreading famous story arcs with a lame twist for several years.
Reboots are a waste. If you want to clean house you can do it by just resetting things you don't like. For example iron man extremis was essentially an iron man reboot

kswiston

Reboots are a waste. If you want to clean house you can do it by just resetting things you don't like. For example iron man extremis was essentially an iron man reboot

Ya, that would probably be the better way to do it. Have your big event, have a bunch of new #1 issues (since marvel hates anything over 30) telling your reworked origin stories, then launch back into present day. Anything that wasn't explicitly retconned is still continuity.

Ya, that would probably be the better way to do it. Have your big event, have a bunch of new #1 issues (since marvel hates anything over 30) telling your reworked origin stories, then launch back into present day. Anything that wasn't explicitly retconned is still continuity.

They should pull a flashpoint and change the status quo

It's a decent revenge thriller mini so far. What I like about it is seeing how diverse Scalera's work is.

Cool going to check it out

This week's list is pretty big... I think I'll start dropping some books...
I'm starting to look at some culling. I think it might be time to trim the green lantern books (except red lantern), and some image books (wait for the 99 cent sales). It's a shame because johns made me fall in love with green lantern, like hawkman, flash, JSA before it and I'm not sure I dig this new "lantern light is evil" bit.

i'm giving ultimate ff, wolverine and the xmen and x-men a chance again this week. dropping amazing x-men after kyle and yost take over.

i think it's time to invest in some dc comics again. my marvel pile has shrunk a bit.

The List of needing to cut some books too
Batman Eternal #7
Forever Evil #7
Harley Quinn #6

East of West #12
Velvet #5
Zero #8

Amazing Spider-Man #2
Amazing X-Men #7 (Dropping)
Avengers World #6
Daredevil #3
Original Sin #2
Thor God of Thunder #22
Uncanny X-Men #21
Wolverine and the X-Men #4

Mind MGMT HC Vol 3

I don't really need any responses but I'm reading Ultimate X-Men and this thing is like the ultimate (hehehe) tease.

Hellfire Club leading to the emergence of Phoenix? Nope! Sinister leading to the arrival of Apocalypse? Ha ha! Tricked you! Angel being pinned on the wall by his wings...almost as if he was going to get metal wings? Wishful thinking, FUBAR!

I'm at issue 69 right now. This is like comic book blue balls.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Stumbled upon this: Amazon has listed a Manhattan Projects hardcover collecting the first 10 issues in October.

Also, they've got the first volume of Southern Bastards set for November 11th, so probably end of October in comic shops.

Give some thought to checking out Power Girl: Power Trip.

Listen to this guy, it's the same creative team on both Harley and Power Girl. Except Harley is also drawn by Chad Hardin.

It's pretty great

SMIPZ0wl.png

my friends

Hey guys, remember when Black Widow and Spider-Woman were eating caramel gelato in a recent issue of Secret Avengers? I just had some. Soooo amazing.

Zer0 Kane

Neo Member
Listen to this guy, it's the same creative team on both Harley and Power Girl. Except Harley is also drawn by Chad Hardin.

They also did a Terra mini-series together that was really good. It has her first meet up with Power Girl and leads right into that series. It really should have been included in the recent PG book instead of the Geoff Johns stuff. I think the trade is out of print now so it's a little harder to find.

They also did a Terra mini-series together that was really good. It has her first meet up with Power Girl and leads right into that series. It really should have been included in the recent PG book instead of the Geoff Johns stuff. I think the trade is out of print now so it's a little harder to find.

I have the PG trades from the original Conner and Winick runs as well as the Terra TPB. Love them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom