• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Thinking about Hawkeye bums me out. It had so much momentum and they wasted it all.

I always forget what the heck is going on when it goes on hiatus. It's sort of like how by the time Walking Dead rolls around for the month I can't remember anyone's name.

Messi

I always forget what the heck is going on when it goes on hiatus. It's sort of like how by the time Walking Dead rolls around for the month I can't remember anyone's name.

I forget names of non main characters all the time. Not just comics either. I'm watching the current season of Game of thrones and I've no idea what the names of 60% of the people are. Some of them were there in season one lol.

fauxtrot

Banned
Cheska, I'm jealous... I ended up getting super sick over the weekend and had to skip BigWow entirely. :(

I finally felt well enough to read some comics last night and read Flex Mentallo #1-4, but I probably should have settled for something light instead, because now I'm thoroughly confused. Anyone want to recommend an article/blogpost that will help me digest all of that madness?

Tonight, I'll probably start Mind MGMT or COPRA...

Zombine

Banned
I forget names of non main characters all the time. Not just comics either. I'm watching the current season of Game of thrones and I've no idea what the names of 60% of the people are. Some of them were there in season one lol.

Yup! And if I end up watching something foreign like Anime just forget it. Names are tough. You've gotta have some kind of gimmick for me to care if your name is "Bob" in a book.

tim1138

Cheska, I'm jealous... I ended up getting super sick over the weekend and had to skip BigWow entirely. :(

I finally felt well enough to read some comics last night and read Flex Mentallo #1-4, but I probably should have settled for something light instead, because now I'm thoroughly confused. Anyone want to recommend an article/blogpost that will help me digest all of that madness?

Tonight, I'll probably start Mind MGMT or COPRA...

Man I love Flex, I really need to do my annual read of that.

I actually googled around to see if I could find a good word up for you and really liked this article by Laura Hudson http://comicsalliance.com/flex-mentallo-final-crisis-morrison/

Messi

I love slice of life stuff, even if it's applied to Spider-Man. What I'm not a fan of is Sins Past type shit. =P

Make octavius possess
the child

The times when Otto was hanging out with Anna Maria were adorable. Some of the best stuff in Superior.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Man I love Flex, I really need to do my annual read of that.

I actually googled around to see if I could find a good word up for you and really liked this article by Laura Hudson http://comicsalliance.com/flex-mentallo-final-crisis-morrison/

Great article there, man. Flex is such an important comic that should never be dismissed. It's so positive about comics and celebrates them and the imagination, and it's definitely one of my most cherished books.

Earlier in the batman and robin series. I think the one with night wing guest starring. Batman was up to some wild stuff then.

Dang I gotta read all those.

Thinking about picking up Forever Evil tomorrow (I haven't read any of it so far) and just picking up the DCU stuff that looks interesting moving forward.

Messi

Dang I gotta read all those.

Thinking about picking up Forever Evil tomorrow (I haven't read any of it so far) and just picking up the DCU stuff that looks interesting moving forward.

The Batman and Robin series is fantastic. That issue #19 was with Red Robin and Batman is truly gone off the deep end. It's glorious.

Went to the local comic book shop today. It was nearly closing time so I wasn't able to spend a bunch of time there but I did find Green Lantern Secret Origin for $8 on sale. That's awesome. Otherwise they had tons of old back issues buy two get one free. I barely was able to flip through them but it seemed like they had a decent selection. I'll have to go back again some time.

Oh, and how is New 52 Justice League? They had the trade there and I didn't know that Jim Lee was the artist for that. He's one of my favorites so I have to ask if the book is worth picking up.

definitely stop. go back to ultimate spidey. i cant believe you had to read the magician arc in uxm :s

Yeah it's been brutal, and I will admit I'm skimming through it a bit, but I am intrigued by this second coming of Hellfire Club/Phoenix thing.

I will say, however, that falling back on the same villains over and over is quite annoying. It's a cycle of Magneto, Weapon X, and Hellfire Club over and over. They really aren't doing much else and it is a bit flustering. Are most X-Men comics like this? I don't have much experience with them.

I'm excited to get back to Ultimate Spider Man but I mean I'm already in the 70s of Ultimate X-Men so I might as well keep 'er goin. Only ~30 issues left.

Punjicide

Just read Dark Phoenix Saga instead tbh

Messiah Complex and Schism are good IMO. Haven't read Second Coming.

I liked Messiah Complex. I liked Schism when I read it, but not so much in hindsight. As for Second Coming, you should read it, but not before Messiah War. Second Coming concludes the trilogy.

second coming isn't great. it's better than messiah war tho.

that trilogy goes: messiah complex >>>> second coming > messiah war

Schism was good. Jason Aaron did a great job at building Scott and Logan's views/relationships and tearing them down. Aaron knows bromances, just look at Astonishing Spidey/Wolvie.

This. $6 for the best X-Men story ever is a steal.

Man, the Hawkeye situation is properly fucked. I could see them releasing 20 before 19 and not be surprised.

Messiah complex and second coming are trash but schism is pretty fucking good.
Thanks for the replies everyone! I knew that Dark Phoenix Saga was well-received so I didn't bother asking about that one. :p

So I'll definitely grab Dark Phoenix, and I might grab Schism since there's quite a few of you that liked it and it's fairly cheap.

tim1138

Leafed through the JSA omnibus awhile ago (I'll start the great reread this weekend). The binding is a bit stiff, but it's definitely readable. The book is freaking huge, so I think a stiff binding is to be expected prior to being read.

Leafed through the JSA omnibus awhile ago (I'll start the great reread this weekend). The binding is a bit stiff, but it's definitely readable. The book is freaking huge, so I think a stiff binding is to be expected prior to being read.

Mine shipped, I'll have it when I get back from vacation. Can't wait!

Vyer

I realized that my Marvel pulls have really dropped from 6 months ago. Stopped with most of the XMen titles after the lackluster BotA. Then Aaron left Wolverine and the XMen. Infinity kinda bored me from continuing with a lot of Avengers books. Hawkeye has lost a lot of momentum. Lost interest in Slott's SpOck until the end. Cap's current arc is kinda shitty and the book really fell off after Dimension X.

I used to be excited about all that stuff. Moon Knight and Thor are the only things I'm really happy with right now. Both my Image and DC pulls have increased to fill the void.

Oh, and how is New 52 Justice League? They had the trade there and I didn't know that Jim Lee was the artist for that. He's one of my favorites so I have to ask if the book is worth picking up.
bland shit, but i only read the first ten issues or so. apparently it gets good when Ivan Reis starts drawing it or something, buuuuuut i dunno about those people

Vyer

I saw Remender's tweets with pages from the Crawl Space HC. I think
baby eating
is probably the line where I lose interest in a comic.

Zombine

Banned
Black Canary & Zatanna: Bloodspell is up on IST's front page! Ordered! I'll take IST packaging over Amazon's bullcrap any day.

Is it cool if I cross post from the buy/sell/trade thread? If not I will remove but I have a bunch of books for sale if anyone is interested. Ton of tpbs available as well. Send me a PM if you are interested, thanks!

A bunch of hardcover and other graphic novels for sale. Prefer to ship in bulk but willing to part with individual items if you are interested. Shipping to the lower 48 states via USPS media mail with tracking. If you would like to see additional pictures please let me know but unless otherwise noted books are in like new condition with standard shelf wear.

Ultimate Spiderman hardcovers Vol. 1-5: $15 each, $70 for the set
Invincible Ultimate Collection hardcovers Vol 1-6, $15 each, $85 for the set
Y The Last Man Hardcovers Vol 1-5, $15 each, $70 for the set
Powers Definitive Edition Hardcovers Vol 2-5, $15 each, $55 for the set
Astonishing X-Men Volumes 1&2, $50 for both
Spider-Man Spider Island, $15

Owzers

I realized that my Marvel pulls have really dropped from 6 months ago. Stopped with most of the XMen titles after the lackluster BotA. Then Aaron left Wolverine and the XMen. Infinity kinda bored me from continuing with a lot of Avengers books. Hawkeye has lost a lot of momentum. Lost interest in Slott's SpOck until the end. Cap's current arc is kinda shitty and the book really fell off after Dimension X.

I used to be excited about all that stuff. Moon Knight and Thor are the only things I'm really happy with right now. Both my Image and DC pulls have increased to fill the void.

DC got me to increase my pull with Superman Johns and giving JL United a try, but Marvel had me add Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Silver Surfer, Original Sin ( argh), Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and now Rocket Raccoon to replace some of the books i've dropped from them ( all the x-men titles outside of Uncanny Remenders, Avengers World, Amazing Spidey)

WTF!

CREDIT: Marvel Comics
View full size image
MOON KNIGHT #6
Warren Ellis (W)
Declan Shalvey & JORDIE BELLAIRE (A/C)
• A threat from the first issue is back to cause problems for Moon Knight!
• This mysterious person is the new BLACK SPECTRE and it doesn’t mean anything good for the protector of night travelers.
• Don’t miss the conclusion of Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

PsychBat!

Banned
WTF!

View full size image
MOON KNIGHT #6
Warren Ellis (W)
• This mysterious person is the new BLACK SPECTRE and it doesn’t mean anything good for the protector of night travelers.
• Don’t miss the conclusion of Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

wait..... WHAT???!

WTF!

View full size image
MOON KNIGHT #6
Warren Ellis (W)
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

tumblr_lkwr10k8ep1qh5iszo1_500.gif

Vyer

So the Image Comics app got the same 'new app' thing as the Comixology app but surprisingly the store is still intact? That's great....but I wonder how long it will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom