• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I backed out. I just.....couldn't......do it. Batman will not break his code. Thanks for taking the time to send that though. Sorry I wasted your time.

No stress man. You didn't waste my time. Read the issue asap though. I feel the waiting through all of these delays really paid off.

When the Leagues are
released from Firestorm (thanks to Bruce's "connection" to WW), all the heroes return but Vibe and Element Woman. There's a panel where Vic and Barry are looking for them and Barry says "I know they were trapped with us Vic, but I can't find any trace of Vibe or Element Woman, not even DNA. It's like they never existed."

i loled so hard at this.

overall it was a pretty dope read. also picked up all of doomed so far.

qq™ though, is that "our" Lex Luthor or the one from Moz's Earth 2 or whatever (the "good" one).

diaspora

You really think that they recon Peters and MJs child and break of their marriage because they think, it would make Peter to old,
just give him another child with a minor c-character in the overall Spider-Lore
?

Slott tends to overrate the importance of his run, as we have seen as he really thinks Charlie is as important as Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy, but there is no way the editiors would let him do this. At least I hope.

Carlie? Though it doesn't necessarily have to be Peter's.

Holy Shit at FE#7 spoilers.

875.gif

What if the N52 crisis has a similar effect as the old N52 Crisis. They're telling all these multiverse stories and such right now, we have hints of Earth 2 refugees in Future's End and the final end is the multiverse is destroyed. The New Anti-Monitor consumes every other universe except for Earth Prime. Perhaps Heroes and people from Earth 2, and some of the other Earths are forced to take refuge on Earth Prime because of this.

We get one big Multiverse blow out before they're all snuffed from existence.

I did not see Alex Luthor being Superwoman's babies daddy.

The War they talk about in Future's End could totally be the next crisis. Maybe other Earth's attack Earth Prime to take it over since they'res is destroyed.

I double dipped and bought the digital version.
Guess that last panel didn't really affect me much because I really don't know who that is and why he is such a big deal.

Anyone care to explain?

Hellers

Are we still spoilering Lex and
The Justice League joining thing?

Because with the current Lex I don't actually understand why he's a bad guy anyway. Classic Lex just hated being bald because of Superboy and that's all you need for a silver age life long grudge. Sociopathic leader of a corrupt business empire Lex was a sociopathic leader of a corrupt business empire so I get why he has a hard on for murdering Kryptonians but current Lex? They've reset him back to his default state of criminal scientist and the only reasons they can give are basically that he's racist?

Sorry I don't buy it. I'd like them to switch Lex around. Make him decide to grow up and not be a prick anymore and give the man his own title. Have him fight some mad as balls science type threats. Sort of like Manhattan Projects level stuff turned up to 11. Solve things with his brains and his mad tech. Still keep him as an arrogant man determined to show Superman and the world how good regular humans can be but also start to give him more depth. Find him a science sidekick. Give him a softer side. Maybe a puppy. Occasionally he'll have to take the hard decisions to save the day in ways Superman wouldn't but still fundamentally doing the right thing. He'd be sarcastic. Sure of his own intelligence and how he's better than everyone else but fighting real bad guys instead of being a fairly lame one himself.

Because I would buy the shit out of that comic.

Holy Shit at FE#7 spoilers.

875.gif

What if the N52 crisis has a similar effect as the old N52 Crisis. They're telling all these multiverse stories and such right now, we have hints of Earth 2 refugees in Future's End and the final end is the multiverse is destroyed. The New Anti-Monitor consumes every other universe except for Earth Prime. Perhaps Heroes and people from Earth 2, and some of the other Earths are forced to take refuge on Earth Prime because of this.

We get one big Multiverse blow out before they're all snuffed from existence.

I did not see Alex Luthor being Superwoman's babies daddy.

The War they talk about in Future's End could totally be the next crisis. Maybe other Earth's attack Earth Prime to take it over since they'res is destroyed.

oh shiiiiiii

So New Avengers stuff is actually IN CONTINUITY for BOTH COMPANIES!!! And like some kind of fractalization (call it "Copywritidium") altered the make up of DCs heroes when they appear in New Avengers but when we see the battle from the other side, in the upcoming War, we'll see it WAS REALLY THEM!!!!

Holy shit it all fits

Guess that last panel didn't really affect me much because I really don't know who that is and why he is such a big deal.

Anyone care to explain?

It's the Anti-Monitor, look up Crisis on Infinite Earths, which was the original DC crisis event. Where all of the other Earth's and such were destroyed and we were left with one single Universe, no more Multiverse.

Anyone care to explain?

The Anti Monitor was an entity that consumed universes that appeared back in Crisis in Infinite Earths. He was a seemingly unstoppable force of nature. In the first issue of COIE, the world of the crime Syndicate was wiped out by a wall of antimatter he created.

It took sacrificing every universe but one and the death of several major heroes to defeat him (and ushered in the first major reboot).

March of 2015 will be the 30th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths so iit's very likely we're going to see something connect to that somehow.

As someone who is new to the scene your connection is going to be more aligned with
Darkseid and the New God's being the focus of whomever is controlling? The Anti Monitor. This brings it into the circle of the Apokolips invasion of the Earths.

tim1138

oh shiiiiiii

So New Avengers stuff is actually IN CONTINUITY for BOTH COMPANIES!!! And like some kind of fractalization (call it "Copywritidium") altered the make up of DCs heroes when they appear in New Avengers but when we see the battle from the other side, in the upcoming War, we'll see it WAS REALLY THEM!!!!

Holy shit it all fits

It's a goddamn shame this can't/won't happen, because that would be an amazing crossover.

8bit

Knows the Score
Huh, that Forever Evil spoiler has me interested now. What do I need to read to get up to speed?

And given the plot of Future's End
I wonder if it's leading up to an Anti Eye Monitor
even if that would be kind of the Blackest Night plot revisited?

tim1138

Huh, that Forever Evil spoiler has me interested now. What do I need to read to get up to speed?

Forever Evil 1-7 and Justice League 24-30 will give you all of the main story.

The question of Brother Eye's
new programmer
has never been answered yet. Maybe there's a connection in there somewhere.

Vyer

Forever Evil conclusion was solid.
The hug and Luthor vs. Mazahs were great. Luthor is going to be real interesting on the JL 'side'.
It's a shame that all the delays and wacky scheduling screwed with the series, but it's going to read well in a trade.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm really enjoying Doomed.

Tizoc

Reading the Forever Evil #7 spoilers, I don't see what's so exciting about them or their implications >_>;
Then again I only read like a handful of DC comics...

So, about the
disappearing characters
in FE#7

We see a little glimpse of them in another book out this week:
Justice League of America. It's a very short glimpse (1 panel each) but it gives hope of them not being completely erased. Vibe is seen running from something.
I think the two are lost in the multiverse or something along that line.

So, about the
disappearing characters
in FE#7

We see a little glimpse of them in another book out this week:
Justice League of America. It's a very short glimpse (1 panel each) but it gives hope of them not being completely erased. Vibe is seen running from something.
I they the two are lost in the multiverse or something along that line.

Does this count as calling it?

I'd say it's more of an oversight. Wishful thinking says that DC is going to announce
a team-up book starring Element Woman and Vibe, chronicling their adventures in the multiverse.
I'd buy ten copies!

Forever Evil #7

What is the bond between batman and wonder woman they mentioned? The only time they really interacted besides JL is when she helped him recently in Batman/WW, but there wasn't really any bonding in that. Maybe they're taking a cue from DCAU. :p.

Really awesome that Owlman is going to be sticking around in GC. It seems like it overlaps a bit with the Owlman that already exists though, unless that character was a throw away, but I'd think Bruce's brother would be a bit more important than that.

Still holding out hopes for a Shazam solo series or some more backups. Its been like a year since Mr. Mind's reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom