• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forever Evil #7

What is the bond between batman and wonder woman they mentioned? The only time they really interacted besides JL is when she helped him recently in Batman/WW, but there wasn't really any bonding in that. Maybe they're taking a cue from DCAU. :p.

Really awesome that Owlman is going to be sticking around in GC. It seems like it overlaps a bit with the Owlman that already exists though, unless that character was a throw away, but I'd think Bruce's brother would be a bit more important than that.

Still holding out hopes for a Shazam solo series or some more backups. Its been like a year since Mr. Mind's reveal.

I've always loved the bond Bruce and Diana shared in the DCAU, but at the same time, I am loving Superman/Wonder Woman.

Six books have been cancelled in the wake of DC's August solicitations. I'm guessing that means we'll see a number of new titles launch in October, following everyone's trip to the future (5 Years Later). Hopefully, we'll finally see a Shazam solo.

Besties! :lol

MSMARVEL2014007-cov-36ab0.jpg
Marvel full solicitations for August 2014 (CBR)

I've always loved the bond Bruce and Diana shared in the DCAU, but at the same time, I am loving Superman/Wonder Woman.

Six books have been cancelled in the wake of DC's August solicitations. I'm guessing that means we'll see a number of new titles launch in October, following everyone's trip to the future (5 Years Later). Hopefully, we'll finally see a Shazam solo.
They were all cancelled for the weeklies brah. 3 weekly series equals 12 books in the 52, from Didio's disgustingly filthy mouth.

Hopes up

They were all cancelled for the weeklies brah. 3 weekly series equals 12 books in the 52, from Didio's disgustingly filthy mouth.

Hopes down

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about Earth 2: World's End when I was counting up what was left. That counts for four books alone. So I guess that leaves room for only two or three new titles and based on the September solicitations, one of them is Booster Gold. Didio always kills the hype.

Traded my ASM 1 Gamestop Variant to the LCS for $50. No hassle, no shipping. Got a Capullo Riddler and Green Lantern n52 figure at no cost.

FINALLY

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #18
Brian Michael Bendis (W) • Ed McGuinness (A/C)
75th Anniversary Variant by ALEX ROSS
75th Anniversary Sketch Variant by ALEX ROSS
Original Sin Tie-In!
• You know you want to know how Star-Lord got back from the Cancerverse.
• And didn't Nova go in there with him? Guess he's not into the whole "no man left behind" thing.

FINALLY

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #18
Brian Michael Bendis (W) • Ed McGuinness (A/C)
75th Anniversary Variant by ALEX ROSS
75th Anniversary Sketch Variant by ALEX ROSS
Original Sin Tie-In!
• You know you want to know how Star-Lord got back from the Cancerverse.
• And didn't Nova go in there with him? Guess he's not into the whole "no man left behind" thing.

Honestly, I never really cared about how he got out. I just cared that nobody treated it like it was a big deal.

Honestly, I never really cared about how he got out. I just cared that nobody treated it like it was a big deal.

Yeah, it's annoying that they're now claiming their complete disregard for Nova's disappearance (and Starlord's weird reappearance) was setup for Original Sin, when it's obvious they just wanted Rich and all the convoluted cancerverse stuff out of the way for awhile.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with this Marvel Axis event? just saw someone post the cover of the June Previews and it shows
Onslaugh(?), Doom, Carnage (?), Goblin, Loki and some old guy

whats up with this Marvel Axis event? just saw someone post the cover of the June Previews and it shows
Onslaugh(?), Doom, Carnage (?), Goblin, Loki and some old guy

I don't think you need to worry about spoiling that, the image has been posted about a dozen times.

Red Onslaught is a character from Uncanny Avengers. I don't think much is known on why or how they all come together yet but it's an Uncanny Avengers event.

diaspora

ASM #2

So the panel was real. Anna Maria did
tell Peter she's pregnant.
But the best part is Peter replacing
the Raft as a supervillain prison.

Yeah, it's annoying that they're now claiming their complete disregard for Nova's disappearance (and Starlord's weird reappearance) was setup for Original Sin, when it's obvious they just wanted Rich and all the convoluted cancerverse stuff out of the way for awhile.

I guess I just really wanted to see him come back. Like, have Rocket and Groot in a tight spot, Star-Lord comes to save the day, fucks it up, and then as they're running like hell, he says something needlessly cryptic as an explanation in between Rocket alternately yelling at him for being an idiot and being happy he's back.

Sure, not the most original stuff, but it would have more set-up for a later Original Sin thing than what we've got currently, which is nothing at all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The Image solicits are out too, if anyone's interested: https://imagecomics.com/content/view/image-comics-solicitations-for-august-2014

Also, I reeeeally want to know what all that Forever Evil talk is about. I kinda know absolutely nothing about that whole event, but now I'm looking forward to reading it when it hits the trades. Is it a standalone event (including those issues from Justice League or whatever it was)? Or would it not be too exciting taken out of the context of all the other DC ongoings?

Toa TAK

Banned
ASM #2

So the panel was real. Anna Maria did
tell Peter she's pregnant.
But the best part is Peter replacing
the Raft as a supervillain prison.

At first I flipped at the
Anna Maria panel, then when she wasn't I was like, "Oh, okay, good."

And a supervillain prison? Why not?

diaspora

At first I flipped at the
Anna Maria panel, then when she wasn't I was like, "Oh, okay, good."

And a supervillain prison? Why not?

Well, there isn't one after Goblin botched The Raft, and proofing it against spider-villains would be Peter's specialty but it's Slott, so idk...

Busaiku

Amazing Spider-Man #2
Daredevil #1.50 and #3
Ms Marvel #1-3
Elektra #2

Darn it, only the 1st issue of Ms Marvel has a digital code.
I just assumed that since the 1st issue did, the rest would as well, didn't bother to check...

I just got done reading Invincible #111 and goddamn wtf kirk ain't pulling any punches or dragging shit out

Kirkman needs to double-ship this, no way he does something this great and makes me wait 30 days for a mere 30 pages

VeeP

Oh man.

The end of Futures End 3...
I'm so happy Tim Drake is being involved more and more in DC books. First Batman Eternal, now this. Not to mention that beard.

diaspora

I doubt it will last.

Spider-Man in general is more of a slice-of-life style comic with multi-issue arcs than single-issue ones so reverting to the status quo every 15-30 issues isn't really a problem imo.

Amazing Spider-Man #3
Daredevil #1.50 and #3
Ms Marvel #1-3
Elektra #2

Darn it, only the 1st issue of Ms Marvel has a digital code.
I just assumed that since the 1st issue did, the rest would as well, didn't bother to check...

Nice.

PsychBat!

Banned
SHE-HULK #7
Charles Soule (W) • Javier Pulido (A)
COVER BY Kevin P. Wada
• The return of superstar artist JAVIER PULIDO!
• Guest-starring Hank Pym!
• She-Hulk, Hellcat and Giant-Man team up to save one of Jen's officemates...but what else does Hank Pym have at stake, and what isn't he telling them?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Damn it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom