• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Hey, look who's back! That didn't take too long...

Glad, because I really didn't want them to stay dead.

ibjClgJZN8UmLj.gif

I was so happy when Remender killed them both :(((

I loved Luthor in JL, especially that last page.

I enjoyed the debut of
Jessica Cruz
, totally not what I was expecting.

Yeah, that last page was expected I thought considering the opening of the book and what transpired. The Cruz thing is a big mystery.

Got out of work early today!

Marvel Comics
All-New Doop #2
Amazing X-Men #7
Daredevil #3
Elektra #2
Hulk #3
Thor God of Thunder #22
Wolverine and the X-Men #4

Image Comics
Velvet #5

Other Publishers
The Shadow: Midnight in Moscow #1 (Dynamite)

Time to read some stuff!

Rogue is still liked. And awesome.

Haters going to hate.

Also hasn't Wonderbrah died as much as Jean Grey? Him being dead is like Stephen King dropping a new book. Happens everyother day.

i used to like rogue when she was young, dumb and fun, but then mike carey turned her into polite little schoolmarm and she has been garbage ever since.

ElNarez

Banned
Forever Evil #7 was a bad fucking comic. Come on.

HOWEVER, HOLY FUCKING SHIT EVERYTHING ABOUT THE THINGS THAT TAKE PLACE IN THIS COMIC FUCKING OWNS.

HOLY SHIT SO MANY THINGS.

(good thing Justice League proves Johns can make a good comic based on the premises he's set up)

Forever Evil #7 was a bad fucking comic. Come on.

HOWEVER, HOLY FUCKING SHIT EVERYTHING ABOUT THE THINGS THAT TAKE PLACE IN THIS COMIC FUCKING OWNS.

HOLY SHIT SO MANY THINGS.

(good thing Justice League proves Johns can make a good comic based on the premises he's set up)

Totally agreed, and really what I expected from it. Set up the following circumstances to ensure rad comics: Justice League is said rad comic.

EDIT: Also, no more Finch, please. Only he can make
Anti-Monitor
look uncool.

PsychBat!

Banned
It's a Jason Aaron comic. We all know who he's talking about. We all knew who he was going to talk about. The likelihood of this guy not being in this story was non-existent.

Man, I fucking knew it! I knew it! Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine! YES YES!

*EXPLODES*

tim1138

Totally agreed, and really what I expected from it. Set up the following circumstances to ensure rad comics: Justice League is said rad comic.

EDIT: Also, no more Finch, please. Only he can make
Anti-Monitor
look uncool.

I agree 100% on the spoiled part, that was the jankiest looking
Anti-Monitor
ever. Let's see Reis or Mahnke take a crack at him.

Mafro

I read COPRA #1-3 last night... this comic is right up my alley and I'm loving it so far. The creator (Michael Fiffe) is seriously making it hard for potential fans to legally purchase issues though. I wonder if he doesn't have a digital copies for sale due to his current publishing contract, or if he just doesn't like money/fame. Anyhow, I had to steal it to read the damn thing, and felt so guilty afterward that I bought a COPRA t-shirt and issues 13 & 14 off his site.

It's too bad the creator's first big writing gig (All-New Ultimates) has been received so poorly...
Yep when All-New Ultimates was announced I went to check out Copra to find it was only sold on Etsy(!?) in limited quantities and most of the early issues were sold out. Couldn't find the sold out issues on ebay and didn't want to pirate it but Fiffe said on his blog and Twitter that collections of the series are being made.

Voror

Myu Annihilation omnibus arrived today!

Got mine too!!! Really looking forward to getting into it, although it doesn't look like that scene in the aftermath between Rich and Tony unfortunately.

I wonder what the chances of DnA's run on Nova getting perhaps ultimate collections like their GotG run is getting. Would love to have all of that collected. Speaking of Nova, has that improved at all?

Is Slott's She-Hulk run recommended? I'm mixed on his Spider-Man work, though I do like that Spider-Man/Human Torch series he did a while back.

Got mine too!!! Really looking forward to getting into it, although it doesn't look like that scene in the aftermath between Rich and Tony unfortunately.

I wonder what the chances of DnA's run on Nova getting perhaps ultimate collections like their GotG run is getting. Would love to have all of that collected. Speaking of Nova, has that improved at all?

Is Slott's She-Hulk run recommended? I'm mixed on his Spider-Man work, though I do like that Spider-Man/Human Torch series he did a while back.

Slott's Spidey was his weakest work. His She Hulk is fantastic as is his Mighty Avengers.

Sadist

Hmmm. That tease at the beginning of Amazing Spider-Man #2. Love the Spider-Woman reaction during this issue.

Well, dropping Wolverine & the X-Men. It's not as fun anymore. Uncanny X-Men and Original Sin #2 were fun though. The latter had a surprising ending, curious to see where this goes. Please be a good summer event Marvel. Come on Aaron, you can do it!

diaspora

I see a Superior Spider-Man 32 listing for August. o_O

Remember when Octavious got thrown through time by fucking up the time machine in SSM 19, then got brought back soon after? There's going to be an SSM ongoing detailing what happened when he was thrown through time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Remember when Octavious got thrown through time by fucking up the time machine in SSM 19, then got brought back soon after? There's going to be an SSM ongoing detailing what happened when he was thrown through time.

He's gonna be chilling in 2099 times apparently.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Is it an on-going or just a few issues? Looks like it's just 32 and 33...

Well, Invincible was something. I'm a bit underwhelmed as the issue felt super short and I kind of expected more shit to go down. But still, it was pretty hardcore.

This week was a wallet killer for me, I can't remember the last time I had a dozen books on a single Wednesday. And I'm not even following DCU stuff.

Rogue is still liked. And awesome.

Haters going to hate.

Also hasn't Wonderbrah died as much as Jean Grey? Him being dead is like Stephen King dropping a new book. Happens everyother day.
Not a dig at you but I see this often and apart from that one time with the Phoenix, when has Jean died and come back? I mean, from what I can tell, she died twice and that second death has been sticking for quite some time now. Granted, her resurrection was the mother of shitty explanations but still, there are dozens of characters who've come back at least once.

It's great! Slott's really good at goofy stuff.

I need to read more of it actually, got sidetracked by other books.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we've already read how it ends when Horizon brought him back so it could really last as long as Marvel wants it to last since it by its nature can't have lasting consequences.

They're marketing this as the lead-in to Spider-Verse, so I assume he gets plucked from 2099 to Spider-Verse and who knows what happens afterwards. Inter-dimensional Spider Corps Exiles led by Ock?

As for ASM2 and Silk:

I'm getting the impression she's been a recluse ever since being bitten and has been living vicariously through Peter's exploits. The little detail about her stockpile of food makes me think that. Also handles why we're just hearing about her now.

fauxtrot

Banned
Yep when All-New Ultimates was announced I went to check out Copra to find it was only sold on Etsy(!?) in limited quantities and most of the early issues were sold out. Couldn't find the sold out issues on ebay and didn't want to pirate it but Fiffe said on his blog and Twitter that collections of the series are being made.

Yup, looks like issues 1-6 are being collected (COPRA: Round One), but it won't be out until September. I wonder how long it's going to take a collected 7-12 to be released. At this rate, 2015 maybe? Bummer. It's gotta be frustrating for him to have fans wanting to give him money but no way to facilitate a transaction. Digital issues seem like an easy solution to me!

Well, Invincible was something. I'm a bit underwhelmed as the issue felt super short and I kind of expected more shit to go down. But still, it was pretty hardcore.

This week was a wallet killer for me, I can't remember the last time I had a dozen books on a single Wednesday. And I'm not even following DCU stuff.

Not a dig at you but I see this often and apart from that one time with the Phoenix, when has Jean died and come back? I mean, from what I can tell, she died twice and that second death has been sticking for quite some time now. Granted, her resurrection was the mother of shitty explanations but still, there are dozens of characters who've come back at least once.

It's a phrase/joke.

Just a statement to say Wonderbrah has died...and came back a lot.

Since Jean is the most known die and reviver present.

Zombine

Banned
I just opened Saga #19 and couldn't stop laughing my ass off. I can't even continue it yet. I was not expecting that at all

Also, Invincible #111
These past few issues have been filled with extreme deaths and the current issue wasn't an exception. I have a feeling that Eve will miscarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom