• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Heretic popping all over those covers! If I remember right one of the solicits was someone restarting Leviathan too. Batman Inc 2.0 incoming?

Booster looks like he's on post the Great Disaster Earth. I better see Kamandi show up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Super Mega Ultra Killa ZING

Since "Active" Precludes Philip Bond, the best in the biz, here we go:
1. Franklin Jameson Quitely
2. Jerome Opena
3. Stuart Immonen
4. James Harren
5. Esad Ribic

I can't find much wrong with this bit I would swap Harren for Pichelli, and Ribic (who I loooove) for JHW3 who is basically a god at this point.

Messi

Roc Upchurch
Fiona Staples
Amanda Conner
Chad Hardin
Phil Noto

I was tempted to put in Humberto Ramos but I'm not that big an asshole.

Honorable mentions to Rafael Albuquerque and Patrick Gleason.

I'm bored as hell at work today, and lord knows this will backfire into another bashing conversation, but who are you guys and gals top five active artists right now?

OMG, so hard....

Alex Maleev, Ryan Ottley, Fiona Staples, Mike Allred and Chris Bachalo (fuck the haters).

Messi

How about the top 5 active writers. No Anne Nocenti as I don't want to see her in every list. It's only fair to everyone else.

Messi

I really wish they had added the Terra miniseries to Power Girl power trip. It would fit right in and it's very hard to get a hold of now.

I think I find it easier to make a list of artists I don't like then artists that I do. I kind of love almost everything. Except potatoes.

I really wish they had added the Terra miniseries to Power Girl power trip. It would fit right in and it's very hard to get a hold of now.

Almost bought that at ECCC. But I resisted. But I should have.

Zer0 Kane

Neo Member
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53006

How did they release the digital versions of Villains Month? Include like two covers with the issue? These look so deliriously silly and rad.

mhygxvf.jpg

Booster teaming up with Kamandi?

I think I find it easier to make a list of artists I don't like then artists that I do. I kind of love almost everything. Except potatoes.

Almost bought that at ECCC. But I resisted. But I should have.

I agree. I have even come to appreciate the cartoony stuff that I didn't like a month or two ago. I like Walsh, Samnee, Allard now.

Active, as in released a comic this month...

Greg Capullo (Batman),
Esad Ribic (Thor God of Thunder)
Declan Shalvey (Moon Knight)
Matteo Scalera (Black Science, Dead Body Road)
Michael Avon Oeming (United States of Murder Inc)

These are in no particular order.

FAV FIVE (current) COMICS ARTISTS

Jamie McKelvie
Giannis Milogiannis
Francis Manapul
Mike Allred
Chip Zdarsky

If you trade-wait on Sex Criminals, you don't get any of the Sex Tips letters. And that's a damn shame.
yeah that's why i'm gonna catch up in singles

Bii

It scales on mobile. :)

There was a problem with the trade that I forgot to mention. Some of the dialog bubbles were cut off, so you're unable to see what extends out there. A minor issue since you can mostly put together what the dialog says.

I'm bored as hell at work today, and lord knows this will backfire into another bashing conversation, but who are you guys and gals top five active artists right now?

In no particular order I'd go with Chris Burnham, Nick Pitarra, Frank Quitely, Andrea Sorrentino, and Frazier Irving.

In no order just at this moment in time (might change tomorrow) Amanda Conner, Francis Manapul, Greg Capullo, Fiona Staples, and Nicola Scott.

tim1138

Im none of those brahs. I stand by everything I've said.

Bloodspell is great. It's like going through puberty, how could you live before without all these feelings and experiences?

Rafa you need to write reviews for CBR or something, no one has a way with words quite like you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom