• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So, Zero is still the most ruthless book on comic stands.

Rafa you need to write reviews for CBR or something, no one has a way with words quite like you...
I want comic superstardom, not CBR. I want all that comes with it. The money. The message board fame. The girls. The penthouse in Nova Scotia.

Edgar Weight off Ant Man. Hahahha dat MCU House style.

Forever Evil ending is good. I don't like some lf the fates of the CSA though. I think Johns will steal deal with the two I was cryig about. He is too big of a fanboy for ghem not to...

ElNarez

Banned
TIL people actually care about Ant-Man the character?

They cared about a new Edgar Wright movie with a blockbuster budget which kinda sorta was never gonna happen because if you wanna make solid bank you don't give a hundred mil to the guy that made Scott Pilgrim no strings attached.

They cared about a new Edgar Wright movie with a blockbuster budget which kinda sorta was never gonna happen because if you wanna make solid bank you don't give a hundred mil to the guy that made Scott Pilgrim no strings attached.
No, I know that. I was interested in that part!. But I mean fans of actual Ant-Man, the character from comics, now on the big screen. Or maybe they just really have faith in the MCU or something? Probably the latter. That's more believable

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.co...er-to-all-new-x-men-32-by-sarah-pichelli-this

tumblr_n61rhrCle21rx5px6o1_500.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Miles isn't even a mutant, is he? They don't let non-mutants in the X-Men..... Except that guy named Ink from Young X-Men....But no one remembers that series, thank God.

that and its the past 616 xmen. so a crossover is coming, or 616 miles was finally found

Hagi

Ugh Miles shitting up my ANXM, nothing is sacred!

I need to pick up issue 2 of Original Sin and whatever else i missed this week.

fauxtrot

Banned
Fuck... well, the Ant-Man film has no reason to exist anymore. (Please prove me wrong, new director, whoever you are.)

I'm really interested in hearing what caused Wright to walk away from Ant-Man after almost a decade of working towards getting it made. Probably won't hear about it from him any time soon, if ever.

Korosenai

Just saw days of future past and now I want to read the comic... Which trade should I buy off Amazon? I noticed theres two of them, not sure which one is the better one to get though.

I know they have some creators, NYCC sales will be on sale early there, as well as a Marvel panels with the new and upcoming talent as well as talking about Avengers/NA big event and AXIS.

Zombine

Banned
It was uploaded straight to the CBR forums, so unless you're logged in to there, the image doesn't work. Here's a mirror:

NICE!!! I really was curious because I don't have a CBR account. I'm absolutely going to NYCC this fall so maybe I'll try to get out to this and get my two passes early.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just saw days of future past and now I want to read the comic... Which trade should I buy off Amazon? I noticed theres two of them, not sure which one is the better one to get though.

Huh. Just had a look and I'm pretty confused too.

The paperback released a few years ago has "UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #138-143 and X-MEN ANNUAL #4"
The hardcover released pretty recently has "X-MEN (1963) #141, UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #142, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #14, EXCALIBUR (1988) #52 and #66-67, and WOLVERINE: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST #1-3; and material from FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #23, NEW MUTANTS ANNUAL #6, X-FACTOR ANNUAL #5 and HULK: BROKEN WORLDS #2"

The hardcover is double the pages but doesn't even include all the issues in the paperback... Well, unless the descriptions are incorrect, that is.
Hopefully someone who's actually read this stuff (unlike me) will give some insight.

NICE!!! I really was curious because I don't have a CBR account. I'm absolutely going to NYCC this fall so maybe I'll try to get out to this and get my two passes early.

I had to create an account to view the image. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!
:p

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Has there been a comics gaf meetup at new york comic con yet?

Zombine

Banned
I had to create an account to view the image. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!
:p

You took one for the team brother! I couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't know if I'm cut out for posting comic fan fiction on that site.

I have never heard of this mini con, though. Is it strictly Marvel related?

Has there been a comics gaf meetup at new york comic con yet?

I don't know but I'd like to make it happen.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Speaking of comic cons, is SDCC the only con that's ludicrously difficult to get passes for? I live near San Diego and having just got into comics about a year ago haven't been yet. I attempted to get a pass this year and you practically have to win the lottery to get a pass if you didn't go the previous year. It's nuts. And a little bit frustrating, since I want to get in on the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom