• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Up to the Prelude to Infinity now.

Question about Captain Universe:
Is there something to her always being hungry of is it just a cute gag? Tell me if I should just wait for it.

Alright, so question
time comicGAF. After Bendis leaves the Xmen franchise, what which writer is more likely to be writing once it relaunches.

Remender or Humphries?

Humphries is a sucker coming off a terrible follow up to Rememnders work and that one Star Lord book no one cares for.

If it's him v. Remender it's no contest. And Remender would be good, I think. UXF proved it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ain't no one gon' fridge Hawkeye.

Kate's going nowhere.

You can worry bout everybody else, but Kate's pretty much the YA all star publishing wise

That's good to hear. She's tremendous.

Read Hawkeye by Matt Fraction next. You'll be glad you did. Kate and America will be in Seige by Gillen this year, too. Leah too, actually.

I've been reading that in trades, so I know what Kate's been up to since stealing Pizza Dog, but I have to wait
forever?
for the last one to really catch up.

if Marvel does anything evil with Katie Kate I will be sad :(

Me too, internet friend. Me too.

frye

Those choices make me sad. Marvel's running up on the same problem DC is mired in. They need a few more ringers.

Well seeing as they're not bringing Mackie/Lobdell/Defalco/Jurgens/etc out of their retirement homes to pinch hit yet we probably shouldn't be too worried

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Up to the Prelude to Infinity now.

Question about Captain Universe:
Is there something to her always being hungry of is it just a cute gag? Tell me if I should just wait for it.

it's just a gag. The character is full of little nuggets like that

The Thor Reveal thread has so much strange discussions.

Well, it probably shouldn't have made a major thread. It's one of those topics that's going to attract all comic readers, and then people who go "Female Thor in movies confirmed" and also people who go "comics sux and r stoopid." Luckily, this one isn't really a controversial topic, so the conversations aren't completely moronic and are actually fairly relevant.

Squire

Banned
Wait a minute.

Question about Spidey in Hickman Avengers:

I notice Hick is writing him like sort of an asshole, honestly. Is this Parker? Or Doc Oc?

the first issue of Dazzler from the 80s (drawn by JRJR!) is weird as hell, not just because it exists, but also because it culminates in a sing-off between Dazzler and Amora the Enchantress, which Dazzler wins and Amora gets pissed to set up #2. what a bizarre comic to have lasted 40+ issues!

Also read some Liefeld X-Force/New Mutants, though there's only a couple of issues from both runs on MU. I liked them okay, the art can get kinda sloppy (the X-Force ones moreso - i respect Robert but yeah some of those criticisms aren't unfounded) but they're fun to read, so. i like the premise of "have a team of cool badasses and have them do and say cool shit." i... i might have to get the omnibus because i was legit disappointed that it stopped at #4. Sucks that it stops there and then the next available issue is like 100 issues later, meaning no Capullo run either. ah, well.

What he said. You can tell it's him - he talks down to everyone.

I miss him. Although, we did get this:

ss3zcd7h.png

Superior30_04.jpg

DC Sneak preview time.

First up, Dr. Fate. I can't believe the art in this is a DC book. Sonny's art is fantastic. The writing was serviceable for an 8 page sneak peak. Definitely picking this one up.

ElNarez

Banned
Oh yeah also: Injection is incredibly heady and very british sci-fi, but delivered with all the confidence of the team who made Moon Knight #1-#6. It's got that It factor.

Gotham By Midnight is staying on the list and I like the art more than Ben Templesmith. New guy is out of this world good. Perfect for the book.

DC Sneak preview time.

First up, Dr. Fate. I can't believe the art in this is a DC book. Sonny's art is fantastic. The writing was serviceable for an 8 page sneak peak. Definitely picking this one up.

Unfortunately that's modern day Levitz. He just doesn't have the enthusiasm or passion he once did.

Aquaman is dropped. That's not my Aquaman. That's not my Mera. Gorgeous book though.

Why the hate bro?

Gotham By Midnight is staying on the list and I like the art more than Ben Templesmith. New guy is out of this world good. Perfect for the book.

Excited for this!

tim1138

Justice League 3001 was perfect. They didn't even bother explaining
Gal Gardner, she was just there

I also enjoyed Dr Fate and Gotham by Midnight, I'm really glad the latter is sticking around.

Boogiepop

So, I read up through the first two issues of Miller actually writing Daredevil, and yeah, there's a definite jump in quality there.

Mostly though, I just wanted to mention how crazy/sad it is that Elektra got her name spelled wrong on the cover introducing her. "Elecktra," bleh.

I'm kind of confused as hell while reading Avengers and New Avengers while trying to catch up to Secret Wars. Should I be reading them back and forth by publication date and are they both continuity wise taking place at the same time? Because Stark's whereabouts and pretty much everything in New Avengers going on kind of confuses me so damn much and I'm not sure how much of it I'm just overthinking.

Oh my god, Thor.

I legit cried at the end. Totally didn't see it coming and holy shit is it perfect. If people just read spoilers before the story without the immaculate lead up of the narration I genuinely feel bad for you. Marvel really pulled a boner by releasing the info early. I've never been more happy to be unspoiled in my whole life.

Secret Wars time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom